Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Long Can I Stay Awake ?

Jimlad

Rach... found some pics on Jimlads PC...

:ph34r: Uh oh :ph34r:

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• JappyBeast

• ~Rach~

• jaxx

Top Posters In This Topic

This post still running!!??? lol

Should start a "How long can I sleep for?" post!

Should start a "How long can I sleep for?" post!

How can you post when you are sleeping??lol.

I havent a clue, im just bored at work at the moment and trying to latch onto some post without having to start a new one!! :blink:

• 1 year later...
:lol: You still awake Jim?!! :lol:

I couldn't be ubikd reading this thread the whole way through, so don't kill me if this has been said, but i know a couple of guys who served in her Majesty's Armed forces and they make you do a sleep deprevation exercise in the training, basically, they have to stay awake for about 4-5 days, after that... you're incredibly close to death!

What happens is, after 48 hours you will definatley be having hallucinations, you will actually feel quite awake, but if you do anything your body goes into emergency mode and the adrenaline surge can put you into shock. If you continue to do nothing and keep staying awake, eventually your brain decides that it's dying (like a car overheats when used too long... so does your brain!) and begins to shut down your organs so that you can be kept alive, but because there's nothing wrong with your organs, you can get a surge of excess blood and oxygen to the brain as it isn't travelling around your body and you risk dying!

To save yourself, you have to force yourself to sleep for about 3-4 hours they said then wake up and do a smidge of exercise for 2mins, your brain realises your ok, your body gets put back to normal and the rush of oxygen away from your brain causes it to effectivley stall and you will fall asleep... for a minimum of 8 hours apparantly, then your batteries are re-charged and your fine!!

I dunno if this is all true, but that's what they were told and they told me! Scary sh*t!!

.....Best get some sleep!

:rolleyes: Yeah, sorry about the necrophilia of this thread but I couldn't resist... :ph34r:

NO, dont lock it. is no one gonna try and beat jims record? most ive ever managed is just over a day, but im lazy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links