Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Temperamental indicator stalk

Alex-avensis

Hi,

my indicator stalk is playing up, sometimes when I flick it up to indicate right the audible warning clicks double quick, just like when a bulb is blown, and the indicator does not work. If I cancel and quickly flick it up again it will usually work ok. My question is there a fix for this problem? or will I need to change the stalk?  If I need to change , will stalks from other cars fit? I was thinking Corollas of similar vintage.

Thanks 

It can be fixed if you know what you are doing. The contacts are worn. I replaced the indicator and light stalk, because my friend who does MOT told me that it was also affecting the lights. I replaced it with a stalk from a Mk1 facelift. There is a difference if your car is a prefacelift and have front fog lights, to the later models. They are fully compatible, but there is no extra switch box on the later versions. 

If your car doesn't have front fogs, you can use any Mk1 stalk.

When I have time, I will find my post on this. It has photos detailing what I said above. 

Thanks Konrad,

I could have a go if it`s not too complicated. Is the airbag easy to disable?

Cheers :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links