Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uk Sales?

Braindead

Anyone have any stats on UK sales and orders for the Prius this year?

Would be interesting.

I'm sure I read the US figures somewhere researching an article but I can't find it now - nothing on the UK Press side that I can see.

Have a look through the TOC News pages for a feel on how well the hybrids are catching on, I can tell you US sales are massively up by over double on this time last year & sales have really taken off due to the oil crisis.

Keep an eye on the news pages for future updates on figures etc. :thumbsup:

TOC News

The latest figures Ive seen were for circa 700 units in the UK, which is more thanin any other EU country. Here in Germany theres been about 400 units.

How acurate these figures are I can not say.

Not sure off the top of my head - I'll check tomorrow and post. I know we have many more orders than cars so far. I also know buyers are being messed about by Powershift with grants or not. Sorry to say, nothing we can do to help.

I'm disappointed that Toyota cannot help with the Powershift grant fiasco. From my experiences, it has been a bit of a shambles and reflects badly on both Toyota and the EST. I love the car, but feel let down and badly treated in respect of the Powershift grant.

I'm disappointed that Toyota cannot help with the Powershift grant fiasco. From my experiences, it has been a bit of a shambles and reflects badly on both Toyota and the EST. I love the car, but feel let down and badly treated in respect of the Powershift grant.

I know the feeling!

If it hadn't been for the fact that WE knew what was expected, the people at the dealership would have cost us £700.

There is a distinct lack of training, self-motivation and probably interest being exhibited at the dealership and it reflects very badly.

I hope there is someone reading this who is in a position to do something about it, complacency is a terrible hurdle to overcome.

It occurs to me....I mentioned that I wrote to my MP then things started to move.

My MP is Margaret Beckett who's portfolio covers the DfT I think. Still think if all else fails it's worth a go.

Bother! - did not look at the site today while at work so forgot to check sales data. Will try to do better (and send myself ane-mail to remind me)

As for grant situation I can only sympathise, but it never really was anything to do with Toyota (except lobbying the Govt to give the grant in the first place as Powershift was set up to support the LPG guys).

I think it is a joke a Govt agency can't run a budget - and the SMMT has said so on behalf of the industry - but that's what it amounts to. We (Toyota) can't really do anything to help as Powershift agree the car is eligible, but just don't have enough money to meet the demand and compund that problem by being poor at handling people. Still, it's not as though they run the country or anything....

As for dealer awareness, I can't speak on individual cases since clearly I wasn't involved. The confused - and changing- situation created by Powershift doesn't help. When I tell you some of the peopel we deal with at Powershift don't understand you'll either not believe me or find it no surprise at all, but it is true. As for Transport For London, words (non-actionable one at least) fail me!

Scott

To the end of June we sold 781 Prius in 2004 - that's 478.5% up on 2003, unsurprisingly given we launched the new car in January.

We'd like more but the world-wide demand is high so no market getting all the Prius it asked for, despite an increase in production to help try to meet demand.

Not sure if this has anything to do with why you asked, but there is no evidence that the problems with Powershift/Energy Savings Trust paying grants has had an adverse impact on demand. Of course, as we are still working through advance orders it may take some time to see a significant impact.

Hope that helps.

Scott

Thanks for the sales data. Reason I asked was so that when someone says "Nice car!" I can say "Yep, less than a thousand in the UK!" :thumbsup:

Heck, this car has turned me into more of an anorak than I ever was :help:

Given Prius high tech status, maybe you're more of a Gore-Tex than just aplain old anorak.

So is this the number delivered or the number ordered I wonder? Given that there's around a three month waiting list it would make quite a difference.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links