Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

??What size Hub Nut.....

Exvec

Because of a mot failure in respect of corroded wishbones on both sides of the car,i have had to change them myself due to lack of funds at the moment,unfortunately for me the nut on the bottom ball joint has sheared off so i've had to grind it down to punch it out.To do this i need to remove the Hub for access so ....????Does anyone know the size of the HubNut and also ?what is the torque setting required when retightening.

Grateful for any help with this please.

I have Googled for some answers and found these so far:-

P1190153.JPG The original hubnut is 30mm but can be 32mm as supplied in various wheel bearing kits. As you can see I have sockets for both sizes.

P1190151.thumb.JPG.ed27ae82b8a98a09fbc05f0aab32d6f1.JPG This hub socket is 6 sided. So I have sockets to cover most jobs up to 36mm.

If you cannot use vernier calipers to measure the hub nut, try other techniques like cardboard or similar to get an idea of size. 

Thanks folks ,it was a 30 mm 12 star deep socket £3.50 from B&Q,did the trick in case anyone else needs the info .

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

You managed to do everything yourself, right? If I may, I would like to give you a couple of tips for the future that would help you in similar situations. Firstly, you should always have a full set of screwdrivers and adjustable wrenches to pick up the right tool if necessary. Screws, nuts, bolts, and other small things I keep in one of the lockers of my garage and also buy in a large number of different diameters. These things cost a small amount, but they help greatly in such situations.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 5:25 PM, Nardeant said:

You managed to do everything yourself, right? If I may, I would like to give you a couple of tips for the future that would help you in similar situations. Firstly, you should always have a full set of screwdrivers and adjustable wrenches to pick up the right tool if necessary. Screws, nuts, bolts, and other small things I keep in one of the lockers of my garage and also buy in a large number of different diameters. These things cost a small amount, but they help greatly in such situations.

I agree, plus researching what a job might need. I have recently added more sockets, aircraft spanners, wheel bearing tool kits, extra suspension clamps, extendable ratchets, extra screwdrivers, various types of pliers and other tools only in the last couple of years. I am glad I have my estate when going to sort a family or friends car, though occasionally they come to me. The weight of the tools is another thing, especially when loading and unloading. I only do it once in a while, so not too much of a burden.
The only tools I don't have are cordless impact driver and cordless ratchet spanner.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links