Sign in to follow this  
Exvec

Eicher Brake Pads....

?Anyone else bought Eicher brake pads and found that they have the dreaded brake squeal. 

Yes, but to be fair, the squealing went away for a while when I lubricated the sliders and the ears of the pads. Next time, I will need to properly clean out the gunk from the channels the sliders run in, too. Although the squealing came back through my own laziness, it is much less than before and at a higher pitch. First time I have had more than a minor and temporary squeal from any brand of pad, really. I usually always use either Eicher or Pagid, being that those are what Eurocarparts tend to supply.

Ok Paul i bought my Eicher pads from CP4L.and the squealing is terrible,the sliders are  moving freely and the channels are nicely clear of gunk.

This is the first time i have used this brand from CP4L ,and this will be the last time i buy from CP4L they are rubbish.,they sell substandard parts imo.

I did think that Eicher were an ECP or CP4L 'own brand', but recently I have seen that they do exist outside of ECP.  They are an Indian company, not Chinese as I thought.  Not that this helps your brake squealing...

23 minutes ago, Gerg said:

I did think that Eicher were an ECP or CP4L 'own brand', but recently I have seen that they do exist outside of ECP.  They are an Indian company, not Chinese as I thought.  Not that this helps your brake squealing...

Eicher are ECP's own budget brand. Parts are sourced from various locations (mostly in the Far East) according to application and pricing. ECP Eicher are not connected with Eicher Motors (an Indian company which manufactures trucks and Royal Enfield motorcycles).

For good brakes I suggest anything from TMD Friction (Textar, Pagid, Mintex brands). TMD are an OE supplier to Toyota.

• Like 1

@Exvec, just to be clear, CP4L is owned by the same company which owns Eurocarparts, and pretty much is just a budget internet outlet of ECP. Same parts, usually slightly cheaper.

• Thanks 1

Guys you can look at EBC BRAKES, this are UK made and as good or even better than the big brand names TMD. 

• Thanks 1

Hi, been using them for years and thankfully have not experienced any brake squel. Sourced them each time through ECP/CP4L.

I admit I am building myself to it, I only have serviced a drum brake when I forced to when I was going for a wheel bearing, but decided to leave it at that. Just added some deep penetration spray where the bearing turns. Though I found the hold on pin rusted so I replaced that. Plan to service the other rear brake, not sure when.

So if these brakes are working for some, curious about whether copper grease is used correctly on pads and pins, and silicone or red grease on pistons, and if everything is properly degreased, with brake cleaner or simply a degreaser spray, and the caliper nuts are put on at the correct torque....

ebc here! on x5 and q7 and cars over the years last long perform good no squeal and keep alloys clean/ less dust. worth the extra.

only time i had to change pads was due to siezed rear calipers on avensis taking them down pretty low at mot time

• Like 1