Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

Just replacing my Auris with the Corolla Icon Tech and was wondering what sort of delivery times others have experienced from date of order to receiving the keys?

i have been told 16 weeks for delivery in the midlands, yikes!

anyone with a similar experience and suggestions on how to pass the time?

• Like 1

Hi Bruce, I'd enquired about a new rav 4. May 2020. What on earth is going on.

Interesting!

Is Hybrid a common factor here?

Not sure where the Rav is made but dont think it is uk so this may also be a factor in your case

Long delivery times - I read recently that with the growth in demand for electric/hybrid vehicles the demand for metals that go into the batteries is outstripping supply. Some sources (countries) of these metals are hiking prices a lot.  That could cause delays in vehicle supplies. 

The only car Toyota produces in the UK, (AFAIK) is the Corolla. Engines made in Deeside, North Wales, and assembly at Burnaston, Derbyshire.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bruce e said:

Just replacing my Auris with the Corolla Icon Tech and was wondering what sort of delivery times others have experienced from date of order to receiving the keys?

Was this a factory build to order/spec.? If so, that wouldn't surprise me at all, in fact, would be fairly normal or even on the short side.

Having said that I think that the Corolla has been well received so, hopefully, keeping Burnaston busy.

4 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

Was this a factory build to order/spec.? If so, that wouldn't surprise me at all, in fact, would be fairly normal or even on the short side.

Having said that I think that the Corolla has been well received so, hopefully, keeping Burnaston busy.

Yes built to order, standard spec plus a spare wheel instead of the TRK.

I understand that the new Corolla Hybrids are very much in demand. Should have chosen a less popular car.   LOL

or looked for a car in stock that suited you & simply add a spare after the event? 😛

Hello,

I've had my Corolla Touring Sports Icon Tech for about 2 months now. I ordered mine in blue and was told it'll be about a month for delivery, this soon increased to 6 weeks, then 2 months. In the end it took about 3 and a half months to be delivered. It was well worth the wait though, it's an amazing car to drive. I live in the south east close to London and I'm now starting to see more Corolla's on the road not many Touring Sports though.

• Like 2

It seems ultra popular car especially estate one with PH license on the windscreen, almost all of them I have seen so far around and within M25, I also spotted a regular hatch as PHV. Waiting times obviously will be long, imo there is nothing  better to drive in or around town that is different from the Prius and as good as a Prius, interestingly no one saloon on the roads., seems like Prius dominates here. There are plentiful adverts for ex demo Corollas on auto-trader if anyone in a rush for a nearly new car can get it straight away and save some cash too, I would probably consider going that way if I was about to change my current car. 

Good luck to all and look after your cars, I will need to buy one used from you in near future. 👍🙃

• Haha 1

Moved to the Corolla club.

38 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

interestingly no one saloon on the roads.

I'm told they are manufactured & imported from Turkey, might be a factor

Saloons aren't very popular in this class in the UK - hatches, estates (& of course, competing SUVs predominate).

Oops , I know they are not popular but hey it’s a perfect alternative to a Prius, has a large boot, folding rear seats, very sleek design, they should be some on the road. Maybe made in Turkey is a factor, right or combination of both.This video here from Ireland

shows  their versions are much better equipped in comparison with the uk ones, particularly for the saloon. I might consider buying one from them instead. Uk saloon just not compelling enough imo, it’s like Toyota doesn’t want people to buy them but want to buy hatch and estates.  

10 hours ago, bruce e said:

anyone with a similar experience and suggestions on how to pass the time?

East Midlands here. I ordered my Corolla 1.8 hatchback Hybrid Design in late February, shortly after it hit the dealership, but had to wait until June 10th for delivery. In fairness it did arrive 10 days earlier but I was away on holiday (dammit!!). So a good 3+ months wait here. Most frustrating, particularly as the car was being built less than 20 miles up the road from me. Rather like Brexit I kept yelling "Get on with it!!!" every time I passed by the factory, LOL. 

The only thing you can do is just to put it out of your mind for most of the wait. Agonising, I know, but it will be worth it. I'm delighted with mine. 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I ordered my Excel 1.8 hybrid in mid-February and it arrived end of March.

8 hours ago, bruce e said:

I'm told they are manufactured & imported from Turkey, might be a factor

For the European market, the hatchback and Touring Sport are built in the UK, and the saloon is built in Turkey.

Similar to the first generation Auris (2007-2010), where the five door was built in the UK and the 3 door in Turkey

As regards the hatchback and Touring Sport, there is no priority for the UK market over other European markets.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

I ordered my Excel 1.8 hybrid in mid-February and it arrived end of March.

You were very lucky then, six weeks is excellent. I could have got a white one a few weeks earlier but I wanted a blue one so had to wait until these were scheduled for production. 

24 minutes ago, Velvet--Glove said:

You were very lucky then, six weeks is excellent. I could have got a white one a few weeks earlier but I wanted a blue one so had to wait until these were scheduled for production. 

In hindsight, yes, although it felt like a long time. Mine was red. I think I must've been spoilt by Honda because the five times I bought new cars from them it arrived within a couple of weeks. Not only that but I was given a collection date when I placed the order and paid a deposit. When I ordered my Corolla the dealer (Northampton) just said 'hopefully within a month' but had no idea when. They called me out of the blue eventually and said 'It's finally turned up'.

4 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

When I ordered my Corolla the dealer (Northampton) just said 'hopefully within a month' but had no idea when. They called me out of the blue eventually and said 'It's finally turned up'.

My salesman appeared to know fairly accurately when my order would be built - their Toyota computer system shows them what the factory production schedule is and when they, the dealer, can expect delivery of a particular model/colour. It is subject to change from time to time, of course, but sometimes delivery dates are brought forward so nothing is set in stone. He gave me early May for white, late May for blue. I wasn't interested in the other colours as I've had all of them before (though red is rather fetching, I must say!). It all went pretty much as expected.

I've had a few new cars over the years, several different brands as I'm not loyal to anyone 😁... and timings just seem to get longer and longer. I had to wait 3 months for my last car, a VW, but at least that had the excuse of being shipped over from South Africa!

Never mind. It was well worth the wait. 

“When I ordered my Corolla the dealer (Northampton) just said 'hopefully within a month' but had no idea when. They called me out of the blue eventually and said 'It's finally turned up”

So how long was the wait till it finallly “turned up”? 😂

It seems 3 months is the norm

1 hour ago, bruce e said:

“When I ordered my Corolla the dealer (Northampton) just said 'hopefully within a month' but had no idea when. They called me out of the blue eventually and said 'It's finally turned up”

So how long was the wait till it finallly “turned up”? 😂

It seems 3 months is the norm

Slightly longer than a month. It's interesting to hear that some dealers have delivery date information. Mine claimed not to. They claimed that all their systems showed was that the order had been put in the production queue. They said they probably wouldn't know until they received notification of the delivery the day before it was dropped off.

When I went in end of August they were stating November for the Touring Sport 1.8 however they had an Excel in the showroom so I had that with a nice discount. 8 miles on it when I picked it up

9 hours ago, AndrueC said:

Slightly longer than a month. It's interesting to hear that some dealers have delivery date information. Mine claimed not to. They claimed that all their systems showed was that the order had been put in the production queue. They said they probably wouldn't know until they received notification of the delivery the day before it was dropped off.

Just over a month is not bad at all, sounds like you were lucky.

Guess I will need to take up meditation to pass the time whilst reading the on line manual 🤣  But  maybe chase it up every month , thanks for the info

8 hours ago, eskemoiain said:

When I went in end of August they were stating November for the Touring Sport 1.8 however they had an Excel in the showroom so I had that with a nice discount. 8 miles on it when I picked it up

August / November seems the norm, I would have taken your route but that didn’t have the the colour I wanted

I placed an order a week ago (2.0l Excel hatch, JBL & pan, in red) and have been told to expect the car by the end of the month!  We shall see.