Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

Mine isn't a TS, it's a HB, not that the order tracker says anything anyway 😄

5 hours ago, Basil-BarryC said:

Result ! Just been advised by dealer that my Corolla 1.8 TS Excel is on the production line and due at the dealership at the end of September, so a big improvement as originally stated as end of December to the dealer.

Makes sense because the Factory in Derbyshire(UK built also helps with dramatically shorter delivery times ) has a two week shutdown in late August so maybe with production re-starting and the chip shortage easing there was a more accurate shortened build date on top of the fact that production always prioritizes Touring Sports Excel's over Icon trim cars due to higher profit margins.

Anyone know if there's a setting to automatically lock the car when you walk away from it? 

20 hours ago, GR KAIZEN said:

Makes sense because the Factory in Derbyshire(UK built also helps with dramatically shorter delivery times ) has a two week shutdown in late August so maybe with production re-starting and the chip shortage easing there was a more accurate shortened build date on top of the fact that production always prioritizes Touring Sports Excel's over Icon trim cars due to higher profit margins.

I ordered a 2ltr GR Sport Hatchback bI-tone mid July 23 and was quoted a delivery of mid November 23, however the dealership called last week and is now quoting mid October delivery....... I was told at the point of order the bi-tone may take a little longer. Time will tell.

Well, after a 49 week wait (ordered lae September 2022) and with at least 3 missed delivery dates, I finally picked up my MY23 Excel TS. I particularly like the Pan roof and the HUD. 

I've only done about 20 miles in it so far but it feels much better than the 2L Trek that the dealership lent me to go away in. 

Top tip though. If you want a laugh flip the floor of the boot over and watch your dog skate all over the place. Absolutely no grip whatsoever. Very funny to watch, though he wasn't impressed. I guess I'll be getting a boot liner after all. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered Corolla 1.8 TS Excel (no extras) early May 2023 - now late September at dealer (4.5 months order time). Collect next week, fingers crossed.

No intermediate status on 'My Toyota' went from processing order for many months, skipped all steps and then at dealer - yahoo! 

• Like 3

I collected mine yesterday (juniper blue, Excel hatchback), ordered on the 16th August, so that's pretty good considering the estimate was end of November!

• Like 2

I think new car sales are totally down at the moment. 50% less than previous years or even more. But that’s not official, just watched what people drive on the roads. 2019-2022 Corolla were so popular and still you see these but 2023 are rare occurrence, and we are getting soon into 2024. 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ordered a 2.0 Corolla Excel Touring Sport in Obsidian Blue in May expecting a November delivery, most recent dealer communication extended forecast delivery to January. Every time I see a “just got mine” post I check the My Toyota app and it never changes. Really thought about cancelling the order but no other car comes close. I have noticed so many mini cab drivers choosing to use Corollas, I guess the fuel consumption is a big incentive. The wait continues but reading posts on this forum helps.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Corolla roller said:

Ordered a 2.0 Corolla Excel Touring Sport in Obsidian Blue in May expecting a November delivery, most recent dealer communication extended forecast delivery to January. Every time I see a “just got mine” post I check the My Toyota app and it never changes. Really thought about cancelling the order but no other car comes close. I have noticed so many mini cab drivers choosing to use Corollas, I guess the fuel consumption is a big incentive. The wait continues but reading posts on this forum helps.

Stick with it, we ordered a 1.8 Excel end of June and were given a delivery of end of December by the dealer. No information on either the Toyota customer portal or the MyToyota app, we also considered cancelling the Order. Then in early September we were informed delivery due to dealer in mid September, collected the car a week ago 😀

Definitely worth the wait 👍

• Like 4

The status never changed on mine,  the dealer called me to say it was in build and provided the estimate of a couple of weeks.  It didn't update the VOT until it had actually been delivered to the dealer, up until that time it just said "Processing Order".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered my 2ltr GR Sport Bi-Tone on 20th July 2023, the dealership called me today to confirm delivery to the dealership will be Monday 9th October 2023. So approximately 3 months from me placing the order, I'm happy with that.

I did have a new model Honda Civic Sport on order (only on a waiting list at the dealership) and after 6 months of waiting the dealership told me they were now able to place an order on Honda Japan but the price would increase by £3000, I cancelled the order and walked away.

In the end I got a much better deal on the Corolla 2ltr GR Sport from my local Toyota dealership. 👍

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Collected my 2 ltr GR Sport Hatch on 18/10/23. White Bi-tone, delivery was exactly 3 months from ordering the car.

Also ordered a space saver kit and mud flaps which were installed prior to delivery.

First impressions - the car feels quick and effortless to drive,  comfortable and quiet, nice smooth ride despite the 18 inch wheels. Covered 180 miles so far and average fuel consumption is 54.5mpg, not bad considering the car needs to be run in and allow the engine to bed in.

Will be nice to get it 'run in' and use the performance now and again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So my MY23 TS 2.0 Design arrived Yesterday -  in the midst of Storm Ciaran. It wasn't all that clean when dropped off by the delivery driver, but hardly his fault. 

It hadn't been polished at all before arriving - water didn't bead & particles of dirt stuck all over it, especially the roof. Factory shipping label still on the windscreen & paint marker wording on the rear window. Both cleaned off by myself with some alcohol. The drivers internal door handle incorrectly fitted & coming apart too. All this when the car has arrived fully 25 months after it was ordered through ALD leasing. You might say I'm "disappointed". 

Also - no spare wheel - which was there on the spec when I ordered it....though that's so long ago that the spec has all changed. Some for the better, of course, but not in this instance & I REALLY wanted a spare wheel. No way I'm going to pay for it myself!

The delay isn't all down to Toyota, that's for sure - the leasing company should take the majority of the blame. The guy who PDI'd it also wants a kick up the **** - if not for what he didn't do, then also for what he did - filling the wrong Reg no in the Service/Warranty booklet & extravagantly crossing it through again. What a mess! 

This !Removed! thing better be completely faultless or I'm going to really blow!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Today I was told that my 1.8 Design hatchback, ordered August 25th 2023,  is expected to be ready on January 29th, so 5 months from order to delivery. The dealer also told me that lead times for the Corolla have significantly improved recently and he would expect a Corolla hatchback ordered now to be delivered in under 2 months.

• Like 1

We needed our 2.0 Corolla Excel Touring Sport in a hurry, for reasons I won't go into. I'd been looking at deals on CarWow, found our exact specification (plus a panoramic roof) at a dealership forty miles away, inspected the car on December 7th, agreed terms and collected it on the 9th. Pre-registerd, but only 15 miles on the odometer and saved over £3500 on the list price. So far we are delighted and if anyone is interested, I'll  post a critique once we've covered a few more miles. Another tip: I obtained a price for our previous car on WBAC as a guide (I never want the hassle of a private sale) and the dealer gave us £1500 more than the quoted price.

1 hour ago, Pannett said:

We needed our 2.0 Corolla Excel Touring Sport in a hurry, for reasons I won't go into. I'd been looking at deals on CarWow, found our exact specification (plus a panoramic roof) at a dealership forty miles away, inspected the car on December 7th, agreed terms and collected it on the 9th. Pre-registerd, but only 15 miles on the odometer and saved over £3500 on the list price. So far we are delighted and if anyone is interested, I'll  post a critique once we've covered a few more miles. Another tip: I obtained a price for our previous car on WBAC as a guide (I never want the hassle of a private sale) and the dealer gave us £1500 more than the quoted price.

I have a my23 excel TS 2.0 , had a my22 gr sport hb 2.0 but this is way better so I think you made a great choice

2 hours ago, Pannett said:

I'd been looking at deals on CarWow, found our exact specification (plus a panoramic roof) at a dealership forty miles away, inspected the car on December 7th, agreed terms and collected it on the 9th. Pre-registerd, but only 15 miles on the odometer and saved over £3500 on the list price. So far we are delighted and if anyone is interested, I'll  post a critique once we've covered a few more miles.

Thank you that's really helpful. I just went on to CarWow as you suggested, and found a pre-reg 2.0 Excel with substantial savings on new. Definitely merits a closer look.

Look forward to hearing more thoughts about your new car.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 9:41 PM, drykoke said:

Thank you that's really helpful. I just went on to CarWow as you suggested, and found a pre-reg 2.0 Excel with substantial savings on new. Definitely merits a closer look.

Look forward to hearing more thoughts about your new car.

Other than possibly a longer drive to collect it, you really have nothing to lose. I bought mine through Carwow just over 3 years ago 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links