Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

May 22 order - finally here. 2.0 TS Excel

It is absolutely amazing. It looks , feels , drives brilliantly … just an all round superb car.

IMG_4067.jpeg

• Like 8

On 6/17/2023 at 2:26 PM, solfer said:

OK thanks. Every time I've spoken to my dealer they've told me there's nothing they can do, and I have to wait until it goes into build. Then the app will update using my email address from my order to link to MyT. 

My dealer's been useless from the day I placed my order tbh.. 🙄 

Mine too. Nothing showing on MyToyota or the app from my order placed in Feb.  My dealer assures me delivery is due mid-Sept but they don't know how to get the order added to the website or the app.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 5:38 PM, bigblock said:

Mine started to show the correct colour and spec on 31st May and I thought like you that things were starting to move. But nothing has happened since and still waiting for the 'Build in progress' to start. Very frustrating as I need two new tyres soon and don't want to spend out if the new car arrives soon. 

Update. Now showing 'Build in progress' on 18th June. Something positive at last.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigblock said:

Update. Now showing 'Build in progress' on 18th June. Something positive at last.

20th June. Now in transit to dealer. 

Picked up my Corolla yesterday. Very impressed so far, the instant power from the hybrid system surprised me compared to my previous car. The remote aircon is a nice feature too!

• Like 3

Well, in true Independence Day styleee “But since these guys started showing up, all the little gizmos inside turned on. The last twenty-four hours have been really exciting!” I have had 2 emails saying build completed and on the way to the dealer, it’s shown up in MyT (not the new version) finally after 10 months and the dealer has asked me to put my plate on retention do it can be transferred. Picking up hopefully July 7

On 6/19/2023 at 4:12 PM, DC_Ms said:

May 22 order - finally here. 2.0 TS Excel

It is absolutely amazing. It looks , feels , drives brilliantly … just an all round superb car.

IMG_4067.jpeg

Looks stunning 🚗👌

The long wait is finally over and I think its well worth it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's a twist;

I've just had a call from my dealership, telling me that my car has gone into build! Delivery in July now seems likely (maybe 2 days for build, unknown for transport to London then 3-4 working days for dealership prep).

This is great news since I was expecting delivery from the end of August.

The strange thing is that the MyT app (both versions) has not shown this change. I mentioned it to the dealer, who told me that they get this happening in both directions (apparently customers have called them because the app shows that the car is at the dealership, when it isn't)

Fingers crossed that the dealers haven't just been gaslit by Toyota...

• Like 1

Got an update!

To remind you Corolla ordered 15/4/23. Dealer advised delivery likely in October 2023. Email received yesterday saying "Your order is being processed and we now have an allocated production slot for your new car. The build will begin very soon".

Email just received saying build in progress and app updated to reflect this.

Sounds like things are moving along much faster than anticipated in April.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hedgehog1 said:

Got an update!

To remind you Corolla ordered 15/4/23. Dealer advised delivery likely in October 2023. Email received yesterday saying "Your order is being processed and we now have an allocated production slot for your new car. The build will begin very soon".

Email just received saying build in progress and app updated to reflect this.

Sounds like things are moving along much faster than anticipated in April.

Hi Hedgehog,

was it a touring sport you ordered? 1.8 or 2.0l?

3 hours ago, Westerner said:

Hi Hedgehog,

was it a touring sport you ordered? 1.8 or 2.0l?

Corolla 2.0 Hybrid CVT GR Sport Hatchback

• Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 6:43 PM, bigblock said:

20th June. Now in transit to dealer. 

Collected from dealer on 01/July. Superb drive. Very quiet and smooth. Very pro active safety sence system now. Playing around with the settings to suit. New sat nav much improved as well.

• Like 1

At last!  My order from February has appeared... (expected mid September).  Good to see it, though.

Corolla Order screenshot.jpg

• Like 1

Has anyone looked at the hybrid coaching section of the app under services? A bit big brother but very interesting. It tracks all of your journeys and analyses your driving. It points out good and bad events. I have got an average score of 77. Don’t know if that is good or not . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James H said:

Has anyone looked at the hybrid coaching section of the app under services? A bit big brother but very interesting. It tracks all of your journeys and analyses your driving. It points out good and bad events. I have got an average score of 77. Don’t know if that is good or not . 

I keep my 1.8 touring sport in eco mode and get over 80 on average.  Obviously depends on the type of usage.  Belting down the motorway at 70 will bring it down.  Ir becomes a game after a while though, but playing it does save a bit of cash! :-}

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 10:52 AM, Don Mac said:

Here's a twist;

I've just had a call from my dealership, telling me that my car has gone into build! Delivery in July now seems likely (maybe 2 days for build, unknown for transport to London then 3-4 working days for dealership prep).

This is great news since I was expecting delivery from the end of August.

The strange thing is that the MyT app (both versions) has not shown this change. I mentioned it to the dealer, who told me that they get this happening in both directions (apparently customers have called them because the app shows that the car is at the dealership, when it isn't)

Fingers crossed that the dealers haven't just been gaslit by Toyota...

Update on this:

I just spoke to Toyota customer services (the app still isn't showing any change. They told me that the car went into production on 26th June, with an estimated completion date of 27th July.

I expressed surprise, as I understood that cars went through the factor in less than two days. The assistant told me that he didn't know where people got this idea from and that there was nothing unusual with the 4 week timescale.

Posted for your entertainment (& the hope that it might shed some light on the confusing information you're being fed...)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Don Mac said:

Update on this:

I just spoke to Toyota customer services (the app still isn't showing any change. They told me that the car went into production on 26th June, with an estimated completion date of 27th July.

I expressed surprise, as I understood that cars went through the factor in less than two days. The assistant told me that he didn't know where people got this idea from and that there was nothing unusual with the 4 week timescale.

Posted for your entertainment (& the hope that it might shed some light on the confusing information you're being fed...)

That's interesting and seems (so far) to be different from what I am experiencing.

Ordered Corolla 2.0 Hybrid CVT GR Sport Hatchback 15/4/23, dealer anticipated delivery in October.

Email received July 1st saying "Your order is being processed and we now have an allocated production slot for your new car. The build will begin very soon".

July 2nd Build in progress

July 4th App updated to Left Factory and In transit.

I know I haven't got it yet but hopefully it will be before October 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hedgehog1 said:

That's interesting and seems (so far) to be different from what I am experiencing.

Indeed, the more I think about it the odder I find the idea that a mass-produced car from any manufacturer would take several weeks in the factory...?

• Like 1

Here is my experience. My T app showed 'Build in progress' on 18th June. 'In Transit to dealer' on 20th June, 'Arrived at Dealer' on 28th June. I collected car on 01/July. That's 14 days from Build date to parked on my drive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well another expected deliver date come and gone (going). 2L excel TS ordered last September. Original eta end of April, then bumped to the 7th July. Currently no indication of a build date. 

As usual it was me chasing the dealer to find out what is happening. Though it's interesting quite how keen they were to contact me after dropping an email to Toyota UK. 

The dealer has hinted that it might be the Pan roof that is leading to the delays. Has anyone taken deliver of a MY23 with a pan roof? 

If this is the cause then surely they should be upfront and give you the choice to drop the option. 

5 hours ago, FesterJester said:

Well another expected deliver date come and gone (going). 2L excel TS ordered last September. Original eta end of April, then bumped to the 7th July. Currently no indication of a build date. 

As usual it was me chasing the dealer to find out what is happening. Though it's interesting quite how keen they were to contact me after dropping an email to Toyota UK. 

The dealer has hinted that it might be the Pan roof that is leading to the delays. Has anyone taken deliver of a MY23 with a pan roof? 

If this is the cause then surely they should be upfront and give you the choice to drop the option. 

I took delivery of a TS 2l Excel 3 weeks ago, early Sept order, didn’t order the pan roof

On 7/4/2023 at 5:32 PM, Don Mac said:

Indeed, the more I think about it the odder I find the idea that a mass-produced car from any manufacturer would take several weeks in the factory...?

Maybe depends on when you actually want delivery? When I ordered mine (which only showed up on the app last week) I told the dealer that I didn't want it until September, with the new reg.

On 7/3/2023 at 11:56 AM, Hedgehog1 said:

Corolla 2.0 Hybrid CVT GR Sport Hatchback

I picked my 2.0 Excel TS this morning, ordered in September 2022. Had a 2022 (same spec) model before that, must say the difference between them is very noticeable. 

21 minutes ago, DaveST said:

Maybe depends on when you actually want delivery? When I ordered mine (which only showed up on the app last week) I told the dealer that I didn't want it until September, with the new reg.

3 hours ago, ic2 said:

I picked my 2.0 Excel TS this morning, ordered in September 2022. Had a 2022 (same spec) model before that, must say the difference between them is very noticeable. 

Is there a noticeable difference with the acceleration/torque between the 2? Any other noticeable differences?

5 hours ago, DaveST said:

I didn't specify anything like that, although I did tell the salesman that I would like to wait a few days for a '73 plate if the original delivery estimate of August 29th was accurate.

The app still hasn't changed to "build in progress".

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links