Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

2 hours ago, James H said:

Status update today. It has gone from processing order to processing order 😂.

the only difference is it now has Derbyshire on the screen . At least something is moving.IMG_8677.thumb.jpeg.cda99c927106dc8ffcfed6d6d6db09a4.jpeg

Yes, Exactly the same changes happened  on my app today and I also received an email from Toyota UK saying  MyT app info has been updated.

This is the first change in the app since 30th Dec when it started showing processing order.

Last known ETA was 6th June for my HB 1.8 Excel ordered on 30 Sep.

So, I did little bit of digging to see what this means. I logged on to Toyota customer Portal on a PC (Basically the MyT PC version) where you can actually see a bit more details. In there, I found a coded entry called "Called off" (under current status -callOffStatus).
Then I wanted to find out what this meant. According to contributors' discussion on another Toyota owners forum, this means order is confirmed/committed (system has ordered required parts etc).   

If you are interested in how to see above info, thanks to another thread on Toyota owners club  (original instructions based on Kieranm9091, posted on 28/04/22):

1. Log on to Toyota Owners Portal on a PC (same log in credentials as per MyT app)

2. Right click on picture of the car (or press F12 Key on the Keyboard) and then select 'Inspect' 

3. Then click on right facing double arrows (on top right of the screen)  and select 'Network'

4. Then refresh the screen by pressing F5 key on the Keyboard

5. Screen will quickly populate with lots of data (which does not make any sense) so, wait until this has finished

6. Scroll down until you see a long number starting with 000 appearing twice, which is your order reference number (apparently).

6. Click on the second number and select 'Preview'. There, you will see current order status. 

The above process sounds complicated but it took me just 20 seconds and I am not a computer geek either.

9 hours ago, simond64 said:

This same email came last year with last car and got it a week later, fingers crossed it will happen again!

Having had the same email and app info changed yesterday, MyT app this morning shows "Build in Progress". Hope you also have the same.

34 minutes ago, Neath said:

Having had the same email and app info changed yesterday, MyT app this morning shows "Build in Progress". Hope you also have the same.

Not showing in app yet but I’m confident it is in build and the app should catch up later, then you should start to see its location being tracked

On 5/17/2023 at 6:05 AM, Neath said:

Still waiting for the app to change to build in progress since the email on Tuesday, dealer says anytime in the next week when he checked with Toyota. 

51 minutes ago, simond64 said:

Still waiting for the app to change to build in progress since the email on Tuesday, dealer says anytime in the next week when he checked with Toyota. 

Mine phoned yesterday to say it will be off the production line by 24th and with them around 2nd June. App hasn’t changed though.

22 minutes ago, James H said:

Mine phoned yesterday to say it will be off the production line by 24th and with them around 2nd June. App hasn’t changed though.

Great, I’ve got 19-26 May, 2.0 TS Excel sterling silver so guessing will be in same production run as yours. 

3 minutes ago, simond64 said:

Great, I’ve got 19-26 May, 2.0 TS Excel sterling silver so guessing will be in same production run as yours. 

Maybe when you get your car we can compare the colour. My  car is sterling silver pearlescent. But I can't see the difference from silver. When I was at the dealer all silver cars was the same as mine. Can't find the colour code on the car as well 😂

1 hour ago, IvayloK said:

Maybe when you get your car we can compare the colour. My  car is sterling silver pearlescent. But I can't see the difference from silver. When I was at the dealer all silver cars was the same as mine. Can't find the colour code on the car as well 😂

Mine is Sterling Silver. The difference between metallic and pearlescent is an extra tinted clearcoat applied on top of the base colour before the final top clear coat. My previous Corolla was Scarlet Flare which had a gold tinted clear coat but I am not sure what the tint is on the Sterling Silver.

5 minutes ago, eyemdee said:

Mine is Sterling Silver. The difference between metallic and pearlescent is an extra tinted clearcoat applied on top of the base colour before the final top clear coat. My previous Corolla was Scarlet Flare which had a gold tinted clear coat but I am not sure what the tint is on the Sterling Silver.

Yes pearlescent is a 3 coat process, it also has ceramic in it instead of metallic

On 5/15/2023 at 7:32 PM, simond64 said:

My September order 2.0 TS Excel now has an eta for next week

That's interesting. My 2.0 TS Design was ordered on 01/October/22 so I am hoping I get some news on my build soon. But then maybe not 😭.

20 hours ago, simond64 said:

Although your app hasnt changed, i am sure things are happening in the background and you will get the car very soon.

For me, since the app started showing "Build in Progress" on Wednesday morning, just 2.5 days later (lastnight) it started showing "in transit". Hope to see it very soon (hopefully).

1 hour ago, Neath said:

Although your app hasnt changed, i am sure things are happening in the background and you will get the car very soon.

For me, since the app started showing "Build in Progress" on Wednesday morning, just 2.5 days later (lastnight) it started showing "in transit". Hope to see it very soon (hopefully).

They haven’t built mine yet but will next week sometime, TS are probably behind the HB production. I had a new car last year too and when the app showed in transit like yours I could see the location, so you should see it moving wherever someone drives it even a short distance, you will know when it’s at your dealer, that’s if the app works, my current car app stopped showing over a week ago

Second key arrived after 4 weeks after pick up. All,,,,,make shure you ask for second key if you only have one at pick up 

1684582118659532571915323633524.jpg

• Like 4

My M23 Corolla Excel ordered in August ‘22 has arrived. I really like the colour 

IMG_0372.thumb.jpeg.1f1a1028beb7debd2a21b21dbd3b693d.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jackfire said:

My M23 Corolla Excel ordered in August ‘22 has arrived. I really like the colour 

Great, should have my excel TS in next 2 weeks, enjoy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jackfire said:

Looks great.

Cant wait to get mine in a few days.

Enjoy your car.

• Like 1

If anyone is waiting for an Obsidian TS Design 1.8, you might get a bump.

While ours arrived at the dealership last week, we don't think we'll be committing. PCP monthlies up £60/mth and a 2k higher balloon, would see us 2k out of pocket over the 3yrs, and 4k in total.

With some financial commitments coming next year (building work), me being main earner while my wife changes career, and good old cost of living, we're not convinced swapping a solid 2017 Astra is the right move now. 

Still have today to ponder, but it's been great being involved in this community.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mash_ said:

While ours arrived at the dealership last week, we don't think we'll be committing. PCP monthlies up £60/mth and a 2k higher balloon, would see us 2k out of pocket over the 3yrs, and 4k in total.

With some financial commitments coming next year (building work), me being main earner while my wife changes career, and good old cost of living, we're not convinced swapping a solid 2017 Astra is the right move now. 

Still have today to ponder, but it's been great being involved in this community.

That’s a shame. I ordered in September, changing from a 22 GR Sport to 23 TS Excel, for comparison my monthly payments gone up slightly more than yours and balloon payment are similar. If not in your budget range fair enough, Toyota though gives up to 10 years warranty and reliable, some time ago I had Vauxhalls, always going wrong and expensive repairs. 

43 minutes ago, simond64 said:

That’s a shame. I ordered in September, changing from a 22 GR Sport to 23 TS Excel, for comparison my monthly payments gone up slightly more than yours and balloon payment are similar. If not in your budget range fair enough, Toyota though gives up to 10 years warranty and reliable, some time ago I had Vauxhalls, always going wrong and expensive repairs. 

Financially, we can afford the payments, but it's now deciding if it's the best use of our funds for the next 3yrs, Vs filling the savings back up for another round of works etc.

For sure it's a gamble as cars get older, what will go, cost etc. 

Its been a busy few days for me and my wife talking it through, and no doubt it would be nice to have a new car, but whether we need to be signing up to the payments right now, before the hill of building work 🤔🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, Mash_ said:

Have to ask, why didn't your dealer honour your original quotation? I've been reading plenty of posts on here where customers have been given the original deal they were offered.. 

I know exactly how you feel though, I'll be reconsidering too if and when my Excel HB finally turns up! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, solfer said:

Have to ask, why didn't your dealer honour your original quotation? I've been reading plenty of posts on here where customers have been given the original deal they were offered.. 

I know exactly how you feel though, I'll be reconsidering too if and when my Excel HB finally turns up! 

Argh, that feeling you write a response, then when not paying attention, go back and lose it all 🤦‍♂️😭.

There are 2 "they" as far as I can tell.

1) Toyota are keeping the 0%

2) Dealer are maintaining PX value 14 mths on. Pitching this as doing us a favour, even though on autotrader resell prices look pretty steady YoY (not much surprise there)

They've pitched these as doing us a favour.

We made it clear that our starting point was the same monthly as before, their response was

1) if they change the car value to change payments, 0% c/would drop off. And a suggestion that we wouldn't get 0% anywhere else at the moment (aside from hearing a Vauxhall advert for it with a 30% deposit).

2) we had 1k cashback in the deal and to them they either pay us or pay Toyota a fine for returning the car

3) there was a 3rd but can't remember it now 🤦‍♂️😂

The salesman went to have a conversation on the numbers, but came back incredibly quickly, so don't believe that took place to a serious degree. 

All in, it sounds like they feel we're over a barrel. But it was always a "luxury" choice for us, as we didn't need to do it. And the passage of time has made us question if now is the time for such a purchase.

While saving the money we would pay won't beat inflation, in the 3yrs we would have solid amount of cash for buying/maintaining, and also (hopefully be past the majority of the building work). Remortgage, then sort a car out. 

Wife and I have joked that our, currently solid, Astra will decide to have a problem as a shot of karma for not following through. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mash_ said:

Argh, that feeling you write a response, then when not paying attention, go back and lose it all 🤦‍♂️😭.

2) Dealer are maintaining PX value 14 mths on. Pitching this as doing us a favour, even though on autotrader resell prices look pretty steady YoY (not much surprise there)

We made it clear that our starting point was the same monthly as before, their response was

1) if they change the car value to change payments, 0% c/would drop off. And a suggestion that we wouldn't get 0% anywhere else at the moment (aside from hearing a Vauxhall advert for it with a 30% deposit).

2) we had 1k cashback in the deal and to them they either pay us or pay Toyota a fine for returning the car

The salesman went to have a conversation on the numbers, but came back incredibly quickly, so don't believe that took place to a serious degree. 

All in, it sounds like they feel we're over a barrel. But it was always a "luxury" choice for us, as we didn't need to do it. And the passage of time has made us question if now is the time for such a purchase.

While saving the money we would pay won't beat inflation, in the 3yrs we would have solid amount of cash for buying/maintaining, and also (hopefully be past the majority of the building work). Remortgage, then sort a car out. 

Wife and I have joked that our, currently solid, Astra will decide to have a problem as a shot of karma for not following through. 

For what it's worth, under your circumstances I would let them make the decision whether you accept the new car or not. If they honour your original deal, you accept the car. If they don't, you walk away and get your deposit returned. As others have said, Toyota and their dealers have been honouring deals at the original agreed price. It is no fault of yours that they have been unable to fulfil your order until now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mash_ said:

So you do have the 0% and the original px, but they changed the monthly payments and the balloon payment? If so I’d try to get them to honour the original, it is a 23 which is a significant upgrade to the 22 you ordered.  I’m not sure Toyota would let them keep the car at the dealership if you withdrew, probably take it back to give to someone in the waiting list so it will cost the dealer. 
My trade in although only one year old hasn’t gone up since September in fact probably dropped a bit at market prices. 

Spoke to my dealer, it’s been a week since I had the email saying processing and was due to be with dealer by Friday, now dealer is saying 2-3 weeks. This is my third new car in 4 years and by far the worst experience in poor communication and waiting times, the dealer is great, Toyota U.K. aren’t

4 hours ago, simond64 said:

Spoke to my dealer, it’s been a week since I had the email saying processing and was due to be with dealer by Friday, now dealer is saying 2-3 weeks. This is my third new car in 4 years and by far the worst experience in poor communication and waiting times, the dealer is great, Toyota U.K. aren’t

That is really frustrating i know. I dont understand why Toyota UK cant maintain regular and direct communication with their waiting customers to let them know what is exactly going on (other than app status changing from Processing order to processing order with the car picture etc).

Mine however, started the build a day after that email and got built in 2.5 days. But it since got stuck in transit (from last Friday , still in Derbyshire).

Have you called Toyota uk customer service? When i called them about a month before the actual build of my car started, the estimated build day they gave me was accurate +\- 2 days.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links