Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

On 5/12/2023 at 11:16 AM, beakerone said:

Hi all,

I ordered my GR Sport HB last September and was told I could pick-up last week, then delayed until tomorrow. I got the 1.9% deal and have signed all of the financial paperwork etc.

I just wanted to check if it was normal to receive your log-book before the car? This has never happened to me before but I have received it dated 24 April. Should I complain about this? It seems odd to get the log book this far beforehand and I'm still not 100% certain that the dealership has the car as they called Wednesday saying they would send me photos when it arrived but I don't have them yet. 

Thanks

Beaker

Wow! I ordered my HB Excel in September too - and my latest ETA is 8th August.. This is what I find totally ridiculous, why on earth are everyone's orders being treated differently?

25 minutes ago, solfer said:

Wow! I ordered my HB Excel in September too - and my latest ETA is 8th August.. This is what I find totally ridiculous, why on earth are everyone's orders being treated differently?

Imagine the feeling when your order is from May 2022 , still waiting and seeing September orders being delivered 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Quick update for the benefit of others who are still waiting from a MY22 order.

Chat with our dealer today; 0% is going to be honoured and our line in the sand that the monthly payments we agreed to last March, wasn't met with any negativity...yet. But they now know what our position is, so in their/Toyota's interest to make it work.

One comment, was that residuals are expected to be high for our spec (1.8 TS Design) - once I see it in black and white next week, I'll believe it! Though supply/demand would support it, I won't get too excited yet. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, solfer said:

Ordered September as well. Told March pick up, then May and now June. However it’s not me being told about the delay, it’s me asking. Disappointed that I am doing all the running on this car as in the previous 12 cars, they were very proactive. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, solfer said:

Sorry to hear that. I was given an ETA of April when I ordered and they messaged me in January to say it might be delayed but they would keep me updated. 

I did pick-up my car today and all went well. I was happy with the explanation given for the early logbook and, considering the issues with finance, no second key, late delivery that others are experiencing, I'm happy. Car is fantastic. A real upgrade from my Sept 2020 Corolla Design.

I hope you all get news about your new cars soon. 

• Like 2

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/land-rover-buyers-face-waits-of-up-to-two-years-for-a-new-car-as-longest-lead-times-revealed/283054

Article from April 21, 2023; from this, supply still appears to be an industry wide problem.  

As someone said in reply to me a lot of posts ago; you could cancel an order but you will just end up at the back of different queue.  

Still doesn't explain (what appears to be) the random order of fulfilment that customers on this forum are reporting.  

On 5/13/2023 at 8:58 PM, beakerone said:

Sorry to hear that. I was given an ETA of April when I ordered and they messaged me in January to say it might be delayed but they would keep me updated. 

I did pick-up my car today and all went well. I was happy with the explanation given for the early logbook and, considering the issues with finance, no second key, late delivery that others are experiencing, I'm happy. Car is fantastic. A real upgrade from my Sept 2020 Corolla Design.

I hope you all get news about your new cars soon. 

Is no second key the policy for all new Corollas now? Do they provide the second key at a later date, if not they are expensive to buy. 

IMG_1562.thumb.jpeg.63cbe33325842020c34be4fde79eee48.jpeg

I got 2 keys with my Corrola Saloon 3 weeks ago. I got 2 of these keys and it’s a MY23 model 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, simond64 said:

Is no second key the policy for all new Corollas now? Do they provide the second key at a later date, if not they are expensive to buy. 

I picked up my car 2 weeks ago with one key only and now chasing the dealer for second key. Do not agree on one key. Ask for second.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StillGotASkoka said:

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/land-rover-buyers-face-waits-of-up-to-two-years-for-a-new-car-as-longest-lead-times-revealed/283054

Article from April 21, 2023; from this, supply still appears to be an industry wide problem.  

As someone said in reply to me a lot of posts ago; you could cancel an order but you will just end up at the back of different queue.  

Still doesn't explain (what appears to be) the random order of fulfilment that customers on this forum are reporting.  

What we think is happening is people get fed up and cancel their order, but it stays in manufacturing and, when it's finally made, gets matched to someone who had ordered something similar, so it's a bit of a lottery.

5 hours ago, simond64 said:

Not 100% sure with the Corolla, but with the Yaris, the early 'lower' spec ones only got 1 'master' remote key and a 'dumb' non-remote key. All the ones with Keyless entry got 2 Smart fobs tho'.

However, I believe all Yaris Mk4's get 2 keys as standard now, and original owners who only got 1 key can claim a 2nd key at no cost. I imagine the same to be true of the Corolla.

AFAIK the silly 1 key decision was reversed and ALL new cars now come with 2 fully-featured keys, e.g. 2 remote flip keys for key ignition cars, or 2 smart fobs for keyless ignition.

I'd encourage anyone getting a used approved car to make sure it has 2 fully functional keys, and if it doesn't, make supplying one part of the deal! You don't EVER want to only have 1 key with a Toyota, as it's a massive PITA to get a replacement if you lose all the keys!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dealer tells me if you get one key the second should follow in about a month, it’s just to get the cars out of all they are waiting for is the second key. 

• Like 1

Dealer tells me if you get one key the second should follow in about a month, it’s just to get the cars out of all they are waiting for is the second key. 

My September order 2.0 TS Excel now has an eta for next week

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 6:13 PM, ic2 said:

Ordered September as well. Told March pick up, then May and now June. However it’s not me being told about the delay, it’s me asking. Disappointed that I am doing all the running on this car as in the previous 12 cars, they were very proactive. 

Same here, I've literally done ALL the running with my dealer, not once have they offered an update without me chasing them first. Really really poor CS as far as I'm concerned. 

I posted this on the Toyota forum (one of many tbh) - not that it'll make any difference, but needed to vent!

Post dated

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/2023-toyota-corolla/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simond64 said:

My September order 2.0 TS Excel now has an eta for next week

Hi Simon,

Did your MyT app order status show "Build in Process" or steps beyond this?

I am wondering as I have an ETA of 6th June for my Sep ordered 1.8 HB Excel, but app status has not changed beyond "Processing order" yet.

Thanks 

50 minutes ago, Neath said:

Hi Simon,

Did your MyT app order status show "Build in Process" or steps beyond this?

I am wondering as I have an ETA of 6th June for my Sep ordered 1.8 HB Excel, but app status has not changed beyond "Processing order" yet.

Thanks 

No, I spoke to the dealer, when they my t app goes to build it’ll be quick, there could be a delay with the transporter though as lack of drivers. I had 8 June then 27 May now 19-26 May. When my t shows build the tracker, the car becomes active so you’ll know where it is after that

Dealer told me last week that the Icon TS I ordered in early September should be here at end of month/start of June.

Seeing nothing in MyT app but now when I look in the purchased section of the app, I now see a picture of the car (haven't done up till now) with the engine details etc filled out.

Still shows as order processing so no idea if it's any further on.

15 minutes ago, Danharvey said:

Dealer told me last week that the Icon TS I ordered in early September should be here at end of month/start of June.

Seeing nothing in MyT app but now when I look in the purchased section of the app, I now see a picture of the car (haven't done up till now) with the engine details etc filled out.

Is it a 1.8 or 2.0?  and what colour

2 minutes ago, StillGotASkoka said:

Is it a 1.8 or 2.0?  and what colour

1.8 in Obsidian Blue.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Danharvey said:

1.8 in Obsidian Blue.

Thanks last I had for a 2.0 TS Icon in Juniper Blue was 28/8/2023 ordered April 2022 :sad:

1 hour ago, Danharvey said:

I also noticed a picture of the car in the app, however, not sure it has anything to do with build progress

3 hours ago, Danharvey said:

I got an email today from Toyota, well shows from my dealer but think it’s Toyota generated to say in process but app not moved, so who knows what it means, I’ve had the app turn everything red in one go with previous cars so can’t rely on it. 

• Like 1

Status update today. It has gone from processing order to processing order 😂.

the only difference is it now has Derbyshire on the screen . At least something is moving.IMG_8677.thumb.jpeg.cda99c927106dc8ffcfed6d6d6db09a4.jpeg

Just now, James H said:

Status update today. It has gone from processing order to processing order 😂.

the only difference is it now has Derbyshire on the screen . At least something is moving.IMG_8677.thumb.jpeg.cda99c927106dc8ffcfed6d6d6db09a4.jpeg

Yep, got exactly that and an email from Toyota the same as Simon.

Cant come quick enough, fed up of the boot space in my Corolla HB

2 hours ago, Danharvey said:

Yep, got exactly that and an email from Toyota the same as Simon.

Cant come quick enough, fed up of the boot space in my Corolla HB

This same email came last year with last car and got it a week later, fingers crossed it will happen again!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links