Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

8 minutes ago, IvayloK said:

I agree with you. Sound is not good at all for 2023 model. But I guess the more time we spend in the car the more we get used to it. Hopefully in 3 year's time when no chip shortage the new 26/27 model will have JBL😂

That is not good news at all 🙃 yes , chip shortages for the UK , but somehow rest of Europe are ok (JBL available) 🤷‍♂️

17 minutes ago, IvayloK said:

I agree with you. Sound is not good at all for 2023 model. But I guess the more time we spend in the car the more we get used to it. Hopefully in 3 year's time when no chip shortage the new 26/27 model will have JBL😂

I wasn’t impressed with the sound on my MY20 CH-R . It is ok but nothing special.

I was hoping the Corolla would be better. 

Does anyone know how much it cost to purchase second key. They gave me only one.

41 minutes ago, IvayloK said:

Does anyone know how much it cost to purchase second key. They gave me only one.

Did a quick google found this, https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/us/toyota-customers-receive-one-key-instead-of-two-heres-why/articleshow/95148851.cms?from=mdr

and this

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/lost-car-keys-advice/#:~:text=Usually cars come with two,here) and arrange an appointment. in the comments 

"I recently bought a brand new Toyota CHR from Currie Motors in Kingston. When I picked up the car the salesman surreptitiously said, “Oh, by the way, you’re only getting one key, but don’t worry because you will get the other one soon.” That was three weeks ago and I still don’t have it. Toyota claims that there is a shortage and they had no idea that I wouldn’t get two keys when I ordered the car. I read that this is now Toyota’s policy and has been so since November! The sales guy said, “I had no idea whatsoever that you wouldn’t get two keys until the day I came to pick up the vehicle.” What a bunch of BS!!! I have had three Toyotas over the years and was just getting ready to sell my 2nd car to get a Corolla. Well, I won’t be buying another Toyota ever!!! Throughout all of this Currie Motors has literally acted as though they have absolutely no responsibility for this. Terrible- DON’T BUY FROM TOYOTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I purchased my MY23 Corolla from Currie Motors and received 2 Keys when picked it up. 

I have a number of friends who ordered and received new vehicles VW's, Volve's and Ford's that all had something missing ! No sweeping indicators, No Reverse Camera and downgraded Audio and/or Infotainment system. 

There still big problems with chips etc even if the Media tell us otherwise. 

When I picked my Corolla up I got 2 keys with mine but a family member pick up an new RAV4 in February and only got 1 key and is chasing the dealer for  the second key but is getting the run around from them. 

Has anyone actually had any joy or even just better answer when contacting toyota Customer Relations Team regarding keys or not actually getting a car at all. 

The comments section on the Toyota magazine website and trustpilot refer posters to them.

Particularly interested in their response to delivery times and how 2022 orders are being fulfilled.  I am too far removed from my order to contact them as is a business lease.

24 minutes ago, StillGotASkoka said:

Has anyone actually had any joy or even just better answer when contacting toyota Customer Relations Team regarding keys or not actually getting a car at all. 

The comments section on the Toyota magazine website and trustpilot refer posters to them.

Particularly interested in their response to delivery times and how 2022 orders are being fulfilled.  I am too far removed from my order to contact them as is a business lease.

Customer services always just refer you back to the dealer.

• Confused 1

On 5/2/2023 at 8:44 AM, IvayloK said:

My 15 months wait is over took the 🗝️ Saturday 🎉

IMG_20230502_064224.jpg

IMG_20230502_064522.jpg

Looks lovely! Is that Sterling Silver/Excel? That kerb makes me nervous 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, solfer said:

Looks lovely! Is that Sterling Silver/Excel? That kerb makes me nervous 😂

Thanks. Paint is sterling silver pearlescent or as per log book only silver. On the pick up day I was trying to see the difference between silver and pearlescent but not much difference between the two just more money for pearlescent. 

It's a Excel fully loaded 😁

And the kerb ,,,,yea is a bit high and I was looking for that self parking button but no luck so far. I think no more self parking with MY23

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IvayloK said:

Thanks. Paint is sterling silver pearlescent or as per log book only silver. On the pick up day I was trying to see the difference between silver and pearlescent but not much difference between the two just more money for pearlescent. 

And the kerb ,,,,yea is a bit high and I was looking for that self parking button but no luck so far. I think no more self parking with MY23

I have silver pearlescent and there is a difference, it is ceramic whereas ordinary silver is metallic, in metallic you can see the flecks but not in ceramic plus ceramic is a3 coat process, metallic is 2 coat. 
No simple intelligent park assist on any my23 but you do still have the sensors front and rear and in the Excel rear cross traffic alert, safe exit alert and rear seat reminder, also blind spot monitor

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IvayloK said:

Lovely jubbly 👍 My HB, when it finally arrives, is Sterling metallic and also the Excel. If I'm lucky I'll see it this year (ordered Sept) 😕

7 minutes ago, solfer said:

Lovely jubbly 👍 My HB, when it finally arrives, is Sterling metallic and also the Excel. If I'm lucky I'll see it this year (ordered Sept) 😕

The colours are silver metallic or Stirling silver which is ceramic/pearlescent 

IMG_1146.png

1 hour ago, simond64 said:

I have silver pearlescent and there is a difference, it is ceramic whereas ordinary silver is metallic, in metallic you can see the flecks but not in ceramic plus ceramic is a3 coat process, metallic is 2 coat. 
No simple intelligent park assist on any my23 but you do still have the sensors front and rear and in the Excel rear cross traffic alert, safe exit alert and rear seat reminder, also blind spot monitor

If it is true pearlescent it will be a nightmare to colour match !!! I remember the Nissans from the 90’s . Looked great but an entire respray if you have a prang. 

• Sad 1

Hi All

After a near 14mth wait, our car is due to arrive at the dealer next week.

We are px'ing our current car, which was valued at point of order last year. Dealer has asked for the current mileage for our current car. I'm slightly dubious, as we want the offer we signed (value, 0%, monthly payments) and don't want them to use the (obviously) higher mileage to play games.

We are in the fortunate position that we don't need to complete the purchase, so have a strong card to play.

Is it worth being a pain over providing the new mileage, or should I be less cynical?

Cheers 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mash_ said:

Hi All

We are px'ing our current car, which was valued at point of order last year. Dealer has asked for the current mileage for our current car. I'm slightly dubious, as we want the offer we signed (value, 0%, monthly payments) and don't want them to use the (obviously) higher mileage to play games.

We are in the fortunate position that we don't need to complete the purchase, so have a strong card to play.

Is it worth being a pain over providing the new mileage, or should I be less cynical?

Cheers 

You have nothing to lose by providing the current mileage. If they try to reduce their offer for it you can just walk away. I would co-operate with them until they try to change anything on the order.

• Thanks 1

Worth the wait for sure. Looks amazing 👍 Enjoy your new car. 👌

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mash_ said:

Hi All

Cheers 

I'd run your trade-in through a few car buying services to get a value.  That way you're prepared if needed.

I got £650 more than their first offer on mine with a little calm negotiation.  They put it up on autotrader at £2k above what they paid me.  It still sold within 2-3 weeks.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 12:12 PM, simond64 said:

The colours are silver metallic or Stirling silver which is ceramic/pearlescent 

IMG_1146.png

Ah yeah, my mistake! So long since I placed the order I forgot the difference. So silver metallic then.. 

13 hours ago, marlot said:

I'd run your trade-in through a few car buying services to get a value.  That way you're prepared if needed.

I got £650 more than their first offer on mine with a little calm negotiation.  They put it up on autotrader at £2k above what they paid me.  It still sold within 2-3 weeks.

Values still seem strong, so we'll see how it goes.

They gave us a fair price last year, but as it's all wrapped up in the deal, I'm intrigued to see where they're going to start

Plan on calling the dealer tomorrow to see what the situation is and how from there 🤔

Hi all,

I ordered my GR Sport HB last September and was told I could pick-up last week, then delayed until tomorrow. I got the 1.9% deal and have signed all of the financial paperwork etc.

I just wanted to check if it was normal to receive your log-book before the car? This has never happened to me before but I have received it dated 24 April. Should I complain about this? It seems odd to get the log book this far beforehand and I'm still not 100% certain that the dealership has the car as they called Wednesday saying they would send me photos when it arrived but I don't have them yet. 

Thanks

Beaker

2 hours ago, beakerone said:

Hi all,

I ordered my GR Sport HB last September and was told I could pick-up last week, then delayed until tomorrow. I got the 1.9% deal and have signed all of the financial paperwork etc.

I just wanted to check if it was normal to receive your log-book before the car? This has never happened to me before but I have received it dated 24 April. Should I complain about this? It seems odd to get the log book this far beforehand and I'm still not 100% certain that the dealership has the car as they called Wednesday saying they would send me photos when it arrived but I don't have them yet. 

Thanks

Beaker

If you've got the reg or vin number should be able add your vehicle to the MyT app.  It might show you where it is.

4 hours ago, beakerone said:

I have received it dated 24 April.

Which means it has been registered for use on the road - so presumably you have the reg.no. If so, you are losing 3 weeks (possibly more) of the warranty, tax, etc, depending when you actually collect it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StillGotASkoka said:

If you've got the reg or vin number should be able add your vehicle to the MyT app.  It might show you where it is.

Thanks. Just checked the App again and it has now arrived at the Dealer so that is something!

11 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Which means it has been registered for use on the road - so presumably you have the reg.no. If so, you are losing 3 weeks (possibly more) of the warranty, tax, etc, depending when you actually collect it.

That's what I'm annoyed about. I asked about it and he said "just wanted to ensure everything was in order" but I think I am going to complain about it. 

4 hours ago, beakerone said:

Hi all,

Thanks

Beaker

Same happened to me in May last year. The car arrived at the dealers on 18th, they taxed it on 24th from 1st June and the log book arrived before I was allowed to collect the car on 13th June! I hadn't even signed any paperwork for finance etc. when the log book dropped through my letterbox!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links