Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

Just now, simond64 said:

I seems the rolled 22 orders are after the new 23 orders in sept, did you order JBL originally?

No, but I did order denim blue, which seems to have knocked the order out of sequence.

I picked up my red 2.0 Excel Touring with JBL yesterday.  Totally get the frustration many are feeling, and I am not posting to rub it in anyone’s face, simply to share my experience in the hope it may be helpful to some.  

Attached photos show my 2020 black Corolla Excel beside new one, main differences being bigger 18 inch wheels and updated infotainment with wireless Apple CarPlay.

Ordered 24th February 

Expected delivery 17th August

Had some communication with dealer around the time and after but they were unable to tell me when they expected the car to arrive, and I don’t blame them for that- they can’t tell me if they don’t know themselves.  

Got to stage I just expected I wouldn’t see the car until at least a few months into 2023, and didn’t know if it would be 23 or 22 spec.

Build in Progress 13th December

Left Factory and In Transit (Derbyshire) 14th December

Visited dealer and saw car had arrived 27th December.  Dealer was still closed for Christmas so must have been delivered before Christmas.  

App updated to say Arrived at Retailer 29th December

Electronically signed paperwork 3rd January

Collected 4th January

Car is 22 spec, registered 23.

Monthly payment went up by about £2 which I’ll not fall out with anyone over, and still 0%.

I wish those still waiting the best, and genuinely hope the same deals made at the time of ordering are honoured!  The car is worth it when it finally arrives.  And my last one was fantastic up to hand over yesterday at 31k miles.

AFFB0B97-FA1A-49F9-8487-5EF9619832D7.jpeg

7EE15603-2305-498B-B8C2-F849B2AC513E.jpeg

08BC13EB-1855-4829-B1FD-1D9B71892EA5.jpeg

90FB998F-DBF7-4A0D-81E1-4F91E3BD5786.jpeg

93817336-41A7-4ED6-97F8-A2B7264BC616.jpeg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mrb338 said:

I picked up my red 2.0 Excel Touring with JBL yesterday.  Totally get the frustration many are feeling, and I am not posting to rub it in anyone’s face, simply to share my experience in the hope it may be helpful to some.  

Attached photos show my 2020 black Corolla Excel beside new one, main differences being bigger 18 inch wheels and updated infotainment with wireless Apple CarPlay.

Ordered 24th February 

Expected delivery 17th August

Had some communication with dealer around the time and after but they were unable to tell me when they expected the car to arrive, and I don’t blame them for that- they can’t tell me if they don’t know themselves.  

Got to stage I just expected I wouldn’t see the car until at least a few months into 2023, and didn’t know if it would be 23 or 22 spec.

Build in Progress 13th December

Left Factory and In Transit (Derbyshire) 14th December

Visited dealer and saw car had arrived 27th December.  Dealer was still closed for Christmas so must have been delivered before Christmas.  

App updated to say Arrived at Retailer 29th December

Electronically signed paperwork 3rd January

Collected 4th January

Car is 22 spec, registered 23.

Monthly payment went up by about £2 which I’ll not fall out with anyone over, and still 0%.

I wish those still waiting the best, and genuinely hope the same deals made at the time of ordering are honoured!  The car is worth it when it finally arrives.  And my last one was fantastic up to hand over yesterday at 31k miles.

AFFB0B97-FA1A-49F9-8487-5EF9619832D7.jpeg

7EE15603-2305-498B-B8C2-F849B2AC513E.jpeg

08BC13EB-1855-4829-B1FD-1D9B71892EA5.jpeg

90FB998F-DBF7-4A0D-81E1-4F91E3BD5786.jpeg

93817336-41A7-4ED6-97F8-A2B7264BC616.jpeg

Enjoy your new car , it’s really nice 👍

• Like 1

Glad to see some people getting vehicles, I'm almost at the point of cancelling my order (Corolla Touring Excel Black + JBL)

First ordered: May-22

1st Delivery Date: Nov-22

2nd Delivery Date: Jan-23

Just been advised that it's now looking like Jun-23!!!!

And will prob be a MY22 not MY23 also... Which I guess will impact future value? :(

1 hour ago, BigLad_ said:

Glad to see some people getting vehicles, I'm almost at the point of cancelling my order (Corolla Touring Excel Black + JBL)

First ordered: May-22

1st Delivery Date: Nov-22

2nd Delivery Date: Jan-23

Just been advised that it's now looking like Jun-23!!!!

And will prob be a MY22 not MY23 also... Which I guess will impact future value? 😞

How can it be delivered half way through 2023 as a MY22 are they making both models still? 

2 hours ago, BigLad_ said:

And will prob be a MY22 not MY23 also... Which I guess will impact future value? 😞

I don't understand this piece.  MY22 is no longer being made.

Your timescales are about the same as mine.

24 minutes ago, Davidz said:

How can it be delivered half way through 2023 as a MY22 are they making both models still? 

Honestly no idea. The pessimist would say they are doing this so I cancel the order and reorder a MY23 at a higher price... Who knows...

1 minute ago, IvayloK said:

No more M22 unless second hand 

So if I ordered a MY22 with JBL, I thought the MY23 didn't have a JBL option? Which would I get?

1 minute ago, BigLad_ said:

So if I ordered a MY22 with JBL, I thought the MY23 didn't have a JBL option? Which would I get?

MY23 no JBL 

1 minute ago, IvayloK said:

MY23 no JBL 

So if no MY22 and no MY23 with JBL, they can't fullfil my order?

Just now, BigLad_ said:

I ordered a TS Excel JBL 2.0 in May - I assume that I will now get a MY23 without JBL but will have the some other extras such as HUD as compensation 

3 minutes ago, BigLad_ said:

JBL no longer available as it is part of the reason for the delays

1 minute ago, Davidz said:

I ordered a TS Excel JBL 2.0 in May - I assume that I will now get a MY23 without JBL but will have the some other extras such as HUD as compensation 

I thought only the GR had HUD? (On of my grips on MY22)

2 minutes ago, BigLad_ said:

I thought only the GR had HUD? (On of my grips on MY22)

HUD is on the 2023 version but no longer on the GR

2 minutes ago, BigLad_ said:

Same here. I'm sacrificing the Speakers 🔇 for better engine ,,communication module and better Battery 🔋

3 minutes ago, Davidz said:

HUD is on the 2023 version but no longer on the GR

Excel version 

2 minutes ago, IvayloK said:

Same here. I'm sacrificing the speakers 🔇 for better engine ,,communication module and better battery 🔋

Yea I'd gladly do the same but I've not been given that option, I've just been told to wait till June for what I ordered. (No talk of MY23 or loss of JBL)

1 minute ago, BigLad_ said:

Yea I'd gladly do the same but I've not been given that option, I've just been told to wait till June for what I ordered. (No talk of MY23 or loss of JBL)

I think they have that wrong, Toyota won’t be supplying MY22 cars in 2023 from Derby. The production line will have changed completely as well as parts bin 

It's like Toyota are seeing what exits the production line next & then someone is frantically trying to match the vehicle produced up to a actual customer order 🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

It's like Toyota are seeing what exits the production line next & then someone is frantically trying to match the vehicle produced up to a actual customer order 🤣

The ‘Toyota Way’ Kaizen principles don’t normally allow for this! However the Lack of JBL components, semi conductors I would have thought it would be cheaper to provide all MY22 customers a MY23. There was a moderator on a previous page saying as much 

• Like 1

I had a catch-up with my dealer today (1.8TS Design).

Between Feb and May, MY22 orders which are now MY23 to be fulfilled (delivered by June). This point was confirmed on this thread in December. 

The 0% is in place until end of the quarter, and is being subsidised between the dealer, manufacturing and Toyota. Our dealer hopes that for customers still waiting post-March on a 0% order that the offer will continue, but will need to wait and see.

And their demonstrator is around 1yr old, when typically replaced every 3/6mths. 

We originally ordered Denim Blue, which was changed to Juniper Blue by Toyota. We've requested Obsidian Blue; should hear Monday if possible and whether it will impact on production. 

Our main concern is the money. As long as that gets sorted, I've chilled out with the wait. Not a lot I can do about it. Though I am crossing fingers we'll be a Feb build having ordered mid March'22.

The difference across dealerships for information is tragic though. And thanks to this thread I've been able to have much more constructive chats with my dealer.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mash_ said:

I had a catch-up with my dealer today (1.8TS Design).

Between Feb and May, MY22 orders which are now MY23 to be fulfilled (delivered by June). This point was confirmed on this thread in December. 

The 0% is in place until end of the quarter, and is being subsidised between the dealer, manufacturing and Toyota. Our dealer hopes that for customers still waiting post-March on a 0% order that the offer will continue, but will need to wait and see.

And their demonstrator is around 1yr old, when typically replaced every 3/6mths. 

We originally ordered Denim Blue, which was changed to Juniper Blue by Toyota. We've requested Obsidian Blue; should hear Monday if possible and whether it will impact on production. 

Our main concern is the money. As long as that gets sorted, I've chilled out with the wait. Not a lot I can do about it. Though I am crossing fingers we'll be a Feb build having ordered mid March'22.

The difference across dealerships for information is tragic though. And thanks to this thread I've been able to have much more constructive chats with my dealer.

Thanks for this so I ordered in March 22 an Excel JBL 2.0 in pearl white. So in theory I will get in June 23 still on 0% finance? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davidz said:

The ‘Toyota Way’ Kaizen principles don’t normally allow for this! 

I have done the training 🤣

PXL_20230106_205756531.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links