Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Owner - Couple Questions

Fish N Whips

Hi,

New owner of an Aygo - pleased with it so far. Thought it would be a good idea to join this community!

A few quick questions -

• Oil - According to the handbook oil spec is 0-16w, that seems a rare oil to me, certainly doesn't seem available on my 'go to' websites - anyone know of a decent online supplier?
  • Car play - sometimes Spotify doesn't load (just black screen) - seems random, any 'tricks' to ensure it always loads?
  • Car play - Spotify playlists appear by oldest song first regardless of how I have them sorted on my phone/laptop - any ideas?
  • Tyres - in the glovebox there is a little button that is obviously something to do with tyres (pressure warning system?) - but when do you press/use this button?
  • 'Clunk' noise when I engage AC - normal?
  • Bit of a perceived flat spot in acceleration between 3 and 4k revs, fine before 3, but I'm not used to this small engine, again normal?
  • Screen air flow doesn't seem to fully clear screen at edges because the vent doesn't go the full width of the screen, not the end of the world, but any obvious trick I'm missing here?
  • Quality of rear camera image is quite 'blurry/low res', certainly in comparison to my wifes Yaris - I guess it's just a cheaper camera?
  • Can you have the large clock displayed on the media screen and have the radio playing? No matter what combination of screens I scroll through it doesn't seem possible to have this - the clock only displays when audio is off as far as I can tell?
  • Is it possible to change the media date display format from year/month/date to date/month/year

Look forward to any replies 🙂

I'd suggest you download the full owners manual which will give more info on the TPMS, etc -   https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual

The glovebox button is used to reset the TPMS.

As regards oil, could have a look at Opie Oils, who are a club sponsor - https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/forum/118-opie-oils/ . Amazon also currently have two 0W-16 oils.

Opie Oils have been good over the years https://www.opieoils.co.uk/

no you cant have the clock on the display, iirc there was a EU directive on it in 2012-13

The button for the tpms is a reset for when you have a flat or low pressure and correct it, if it doesnt clear (On in the mk3 yaris, 14 on is just above the pedals)

edit. 0w16 is usually hybrid spec oil, i would give your local toyota parts department a call to confirm

7 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

I'd suggest you download the full owners manual which will give more info on the TPMS, etc - https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual

Thanks for the other advice, owners manual not working for me though 😞

image.thumb.png.201bf2a0897c23747b763d2fe8ecc652.png

9 minutes ago, flash22 said:

opie oils have been good over the years https://www.opieoils.co.uk/

no you cant have the clock on the display, iirc there was a EU directive on it in 2012-13

Cheers for that, when I use their site and enter my reg it returns 5w oils, there is a 0-30 though. Bit strange on the clock, I can't see it is really a distraction from driving, certainly not as much as sat nav, or was there some other obscure reason I can't think of! 

6 minutes ago, flash22 said:

search OM99U33E on the toyota site

Still struggling, and if I enter my vin I get a Yaris manual hmmm 

38 minutes ago, flash22 said:

edit. 0w16 is usually hybrid spec oil, i would give your local toyota parts department a call to confirm

Looks like 0-16 is factory and 'preferred' but other options are possible -

image.thumb.png.37ef5e6b7960728bb7aa9d1c2d0d704c.png

However, the manufacturer's advice is to replace the non-preferred oil with the preferred oil at the next oil change.

Presumably as it is a new car, you will be using Toyota dealers for servicing, in which case you can insist on 0W-16.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links