Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Yaris Verso question

Jay53

Hello all - I have a 2003 Yaris Verso T-Spirit and it needs some new front seats.  What I really want to do is replace them with brand new seats, preferably of exactly the same as it has in it now, but I do realise this is a pretty tall order.  Can anyone tell me please which Toyota seats will fit, and which would be the nearest match for Toyota Yaris Verso 2003 seats?  

Many thanks!

Yaris seats 1999 to 2005 will fit exactly.

BUT beware of the seat airbags..  Disconnect Battery and leave for 2 hours or so for safety before disconnecting wiring. to remove any risk of them activating..

I would imagine an MOT fail if not fitted on new seats.. you would probably get warning lights - instant MOT fail.

A new pair of front seats will set you back as much as the car is worth then some, To have them retrimmed you're looking at £300+ each, unless the seats are broken or sagging just buy some covers

seats that fit - Mk1 Yaris

Picture of the seats would help ?

I doubt the seats have airbags 2003 it will have fronts only, but it may have pre tensioners Edit, the tensioner is in the belt

Thanks for all the replies so far - most helpful, thanks.  I believe this model just has airbags in the steering wheel and passenger dash, as Flash22 says.

The reason I want new seats is that yes, they're sagging a bit.  The covers are actually fine!  I almost don't care about the cost because it's not possible to find a vehicle anywhere near as convenient as this one - one thing being the low height from the road to floor pan at the back.  I have shoulder problems and back problems and can't lift much.  Thanks for the link to eBay, Madasafish, I'll take a look!

Just a thought, have you considered asking your dealer for a quote to replace just the internal padding?

It may be prohibitive, but costs nothing to ask.

I doubt Toyota will have interior trim for the Mk 1 due to its age, if its just the base (squib) an interior upholster will be able to sort that at a reasonable cost

Thank you Pete B and flash22 - I think this may be what I have to do.  Sadly, I've had less-than-satisfactory results from interior upholsterers in the past, but the dealer may be worth a try!

Even if the dealer can't do it themselves they may be able to refer you to a reputable upholsterer that they use themselves to fix tradeins for sale.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links