Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 2019 1.5l Window Closer Module

pamarakos

Hi all,

My brother just received his new Yaris Bitone 2019, except the "awful" Touch 2 media system it has everything else seems fine! 1st gear is a little difficult to be put when stopped but they 've said it will become softer after some km (?!?!?!?!?!?) we'll see about that:)

Only thing concerns me now is that they've installed a Cobra 4600 alarm system as a gift let's say, I've asked if they can install a window closer module and they said they don't have such. I've found a lot over the web in the range of 10-20, the thing is I've managed to find all the connections triggered when closing each windows except the driver's window which has the auto function as well, everything is triggered in the two connectors next to the left side footrest, of course under the plastic cover,, even the central lock. Is there anyone here made this work with an aftermarket module? If it wasn't the driver's auto function it would be so easy...

12 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Which country?

Greece but I guess this isn't country specific...correct?

1 hour ago, pamarakos said:

Greece but I guess this isn't country specific...correct?

To a degree - in the US and Canada, the Yaris is based on the Mazda 2 (and built by Mazda), so is a different car to the European Yaris.

15 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

To a degree - in the US and Canada, the Yaris is based on the Mazda 2 (and built by Mazda), so is a different car to the European Yaris.

Didnt know this...in any case I guess concerning wirings they may be the same...anyways, I hope someone will jump in to comment:)

Dont fit a cheap chinese window closer especially on a newish car, the windows are controlled by the BCM, for the drivers side tap it at the motor, I would contact Cobra and ask for a tech sheet (this gives you wiring locations and colours) and also get a closer* (if it isnt integrated into the alarm) it all depends on how it has been installed

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&ved=2ahUKEwi1vNzUi_HkAhUKiVwKHUkoDywQFjAFegQIABAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbisalarmes.com%2Ffichas%2Fmanuaiscobra%2F4600can_plip_tecnico.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3QLLHuBl-QvhPh6zTrAvBD

If its just the basic touch 2 it isn't great, it's the Nav Module (the Go part) that adds the functionality

The bi tone is a European model you will be able to find its build location by its VIN it's either France (FRP) or Japan

8 hours ago, flash22 said:

Dont fit a cheap chinese window closer especially on a newish car, the windows are controlled by the BCM, for the drivers side tap it at the motor, I would contact Cobra and ask for a tech sheet (this gives you wiring locations and colours) and also get a closer* (if it isnt integrated into the alarm) it all depends on how it has been installed

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&ved=2ahUKEwi1vNzUi_HkAhUKiVwKHUkoDywQFjAFegQIABAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbisalarmes.com%2Ffichas%2Fmanuaiscobra%2F4600can_plip_tecnico.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3QLLHuBl-QvhPh6zTrAvBD

If its just the basic touch 2 it isn't great, it's the Nav Module (the Go part) that adds the functionality

The bi tone is a European model you will be able to find its build location by its VIN it's either France (FRP) or Japan

Thank you very much for your detailed comment. I had this pdf printed although the alarm system dealer fitted had diffrent color wires and also some missing, in any case the brown that was the signal for the extra modules is missing.

Since I found the central lock one next to the footrest, I ll get the trigger from there. Only thing I found after lots of digging/googling that seems more professional I could say was some kind of this

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.aliexpress.com/item/1330577073.html

That replaces the whole wiring, in fact co-operates with the stock wiring.

I ll get in contact to see whats going on for the 2019 yaris, if it fits etc.

Comcerning the media, it is the tpuch 2, not the nav version, seller representative told us that it yaris bitone included navi, after receiving the car we found out that it wasn't and that it cost another 1300eur to be fitted, which doesn't deserve it at all since it's not even android and updating maps per year costs a lot!!!!! There is an android add-on from Italy which costs around 550eur, but it's android 6.1 as a version and I don't know if it's enough any more.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links