Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gaydon Meet...

TheNissanMan

What a day blue sky's lot's of tarmac and one hell of a lot of cars....

Roof off at 8.15 to head off up to the services to see who was going to turn up as even after checking my posts and various forums this mornign it was not clear, we arrived at the services 15 minutes later to meet Ray from LOC in a lovely black V300 3.0l twin turbo...

Shortly after that Jerry rocked up shortly followed by Jerry...

After moving the cars as we were running out of space we left the services with a good few cars (5x MR2's, 2x Yaris T-Sports and a variety of Lexi). A quick blat down the motorway and a quick shuffle into the inside lane, I have to apologise for forgetting where the exit was forcing everyone to squeeze in at the last minute...

The turn out was superb with a bit of help from peeps over at IMOC (Thanks Paul, Patrick, Scott and a couple of others, sorry if I forgot your names already) in total 11 MR2's were there, I noticed 3 or 4 Yaris T-Sports, a pair of Corolla T-Sports (Jake and A. n. Other) and a couple of Celica's including Glen making a flying visist....

LOC had a good turn out of at least 60 cars, think Zymol and AUtoGlym could have had a stadn there as Im sure a fair whack of polish has been used in the last few days.

Honda boys were seriously out in force from extremely modified Civic's to the new NSX although my favourite had to be the imported Sylvia...

Should have plenty of photo's to post on Monday when I've sorted them all out.

Patrick's MR2 (Rogue from IMOC) turned a good few heads with his custom built LED rear clusters and side repeaters and full boddy kit and giggles were had at the Smart car with Turbo and excessively noisy dump valve....

Good to see everyone who went, hopefully we can get more next time...

Edited by Steve

It was good to see the Sera's out again, the yellow one's alternator belt sounded a little dodgy when it was getting out of the lot....

Mind you all be sorted when it gets the new Turbo engine :D

Good to see 2 Land Cruiser's there as well...

Wish I had my laptop and camera cable here so I could get the photo's up...

So many car's there it's so difficult to remember everyone, even had an avensis and corolla there :)

Got to admit it. It was a great day out. So many motors all in one place.

The MR2's looked the business all line up. These cars can really motor. Hench the rather rapid convoy along the M40 :D

Also the lexus where really nice. I liked the lexus 200 with the really flash paint job. Must have spent a couple of grands worth there.

The sera's looked cool with there flashy opening doors. That has got to be a bugger to clean all that glass. Keep it up guys!!!

The Yaris T Sport looked good as i have never seeing so many in one place. It was nice to see the guys face to face. ;)

The corolla T Sports looked really good especially Jake's motor which i really liked as the wheels really do it justice nice won jake. ;)

It was a shame that we couldn't have out done the honda lads with more motors than them. But it was nice to see all those Japanese motors all together. The sound of some of those civic's where unbelievable.

Now ive got to wait till july now for the japanese auto extravaganza. See you all there Guys and girls.

jerry!!

Hi Guys,

I had a great day well worth the 280 mile round trip, and guided tour across country, from Zee and fellow lexi's, them guys can't drive :P,

nice to put faces to the names i exchange posts with, Hi again to Jerry, Paul, Lee, Steve and Rhaines, every one was so freindly, this was the first time I been to a meet like this before and was not sure what to expect, to repeat some of what has all ready been said, i was amazed at the number of cars that did turn out, some serious money has been spent on some of those cars, my favorite was the black TSport with TTE front spoiler and some very rare side skirts and nice 17" dark grey alloys, :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: no seriously the one that did it for me was the Black Lexus 300, first time I've seen one, and I'll have to start saving.

The must have nmod of the day for me was the led light cluster on Patrick's black MR2, "Patrick, if you want to develope a set of these for the new Corolla my moneys here ready and waiting, will be happy to be used as ginea pig for your tests".

The TPots and MR2 did look good all lined up, and I was lucky to be the only TS Corolla for most of the day, till a very smart looking grey one turned up with great body kit and wild twin exhaust, I was going for a TTE twin, but after speaking with Jerry I will prolly go for the Power Flow now will let you all know soon <_<

Paul showed up just after lunch with a very nice "highly polished" :blink::lol: red TS Corolla, and we had a good chat.

Had a look around the museum some great cars and exhbits in there., and even got change of a fiver for a cup of tea, sandwich and scone, &#33;Removed&#33; amazed at that :D

Hope to see you all again soon maybe the 5th Rhaines :)

Only 14 weeks to go till JAE so not that long to wait and Steve was talking about sorting something out for Japfest in June as an in between.

Hope more Toyota's turn up for JAE otherwise we'll have to use the TOC stand as an overflow car park for other clubs...

The Civic's exhausrts did sound the nuts although I think they were pee'ing off the Gaydon staff to the point where they got the onsite police out who even <the spuds of lurrrrvve>ed me when I left, I was only doing 25 going round the corner and had my foot on the break when she made the comment so I thought it was totally unfounded although I did spot one S2000 doing a donut and the civics racing round the museum...

Yup defo an excellent day out good venue, good weather, good cars, good people.

sorry for not getting to speak to most of you this time, there was so much to look at there and I kinda got engrossed talking about Seras :unsure: no diss intended

They even shouted at me to slow down on exit, they were parked in a very odd place too <_<

In the convoy en route I seriously was struggling to keep up – I've got to get a turbo in there! :(

Next meets of interest for your diaries are;

TOC at Bourton on the Water, Gloucs on April 19

JapUKmeets at Bolney, West Sussex on April 26

:D

Oh and if any one knows of any pics that have been uploaded please put a link on here so we can see if we're in any of them! also to show those who couldn't make it what they missed ;)

Well, well, well. What can I say? I am lost for words at the looks and performance of your motors folks. :blink:

From the Yaris and Corolla that came to LFE (nice to meet you Steve and Jake - sorry for cutting you up at a roundabout.... I had some catching up to do.... :ph34r: ) to the MR2's which were gleaming.....

Ryan - great to meet you pal.... we should catch up sometime soon, I need some advice on MR2's mate.... I have been converted! ;)

I hope you folks enjoyed the day as much as I did, and its a shame I didn't get to meet more of you.... hopefully next time eh?

Zee. :D

Carl ??? difficulty keeping up, I behaved and stuck to 90mph all the way there and that was only when overtaking...

Jake, I should defo be at Elvington on the 5th, need to get some more time on a track/airfield, pop on over as I am sure some passenger rides would be available although as the day is fully booked I doubt there will be a chance to get on track....

If there is enough interest maybe we could link with some other clubs and get an airfield day together to see what the cars can actually do...

Zee, Catch up anytime, I'll prolly see you on MSN before long anyway as im online between 8am and 4pm through work anyway and ocassionally on in the evenings although Im spending more and more time around at my girlfriends and it's not really fair if I come around and spend all night on the computer, MR2 is defo worth the money, wait till the photo's are out as I have some lovely shots of Patrick's two which is one of the best examples of a Mk2 that I have seen, mind you most of the parts he's put on it at the moment are unique as he produces them himself although they should go into full production soon enough...

Carl ??? difficulty keeping up, I behaved and stuck to 90mph all the way there and that was only when overtaking...

It was just the acceleration, I caught you guys up but my car is well, 'sedate' :D

hi jake, sorry i could not congratulate you in person but every time i came looking for you around your car there was nobody in sight.....

thanks jerry, steve and pete for the yaris surport,

also a big :D to rhaines, nicola and convoy for getting us there saftly and in one piece!!! :P

and for those that saddly couldnt make it....... you missed a &#33;Removed&#33; good day.

dan

Entirely my pleasure although would have been nice if I had seen the exit earlier so we could have moved accross without having to squeeze in without the other cars out the way :)

Think a big thanks should go to steve for the organisation of the event and to all the members who turned up :D

Anyone else feeling the after effects of a day in the sun ?

woops, sorry steve, i knew i missed someone, i think you know we all apprecate the hard work.... three cheers

hip hip...........

dan

Ryan stuck to 90mph on the motorway....I dont believe that, I think my speedo only got below 100 when we turned off the motorway....bad boy.

Dan, would have liked to have spent more time talking to you and i should have had a look at your car.

Would have liked to have spent more time talking to nearly everyone really. Sorry to those I missed.

It was a great day :D Great cars :D Great people :D

good to see you all guys!

Lets make sure we get loads of people for JAE... lets make this one even bigger!

I'll put my photo's in the gallery and also in a post labeled Gaydon photo's :D

It'll be a bit large with 31 photo's included but worth a look.....

I'll put my photo's in the gallery and also in a post labeled Gaydon photo's :D

It'll be a bit large with 31 photo's included but worth a look.....

Hurry it up............. :rolleyes:

Sorry buddy...

Couldn't get all the cars in, guess there were just too many people around your car to get a good photo :D

Sorry buddy...

Couldn't get all the cars in, guess there were just too many people around your car to get a good photo :D

I'll let you off........... :D

Here's one anyway...............

P3230007.sized.jpg

Sure there must be more out there....

All photo's are now in the TOC Gallery, can be accessed via main page, start at page 3 (ooer)...

It was good to see the Sera's out again, the yellow one's alternator belt sounded a little dodgy when it was getting out of the lot....

My sentiments exactly. It squeals a bit, but then quietens down. Really can't be bothered messing about when the engine is about to be pulled out... ;-)

Supercharged......Just read events menu instead and you will find links.

Ryan has posted 4 threads with pics (i couldn't find gallery either)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Forums

News

Membership