Sign in to follow this  
Chippy01

DRCC(RSA)

What exactly does the DRCC(RSA) setting do?

I used both the adaptive cruise setting and the standard cruise setting regularly in my commute to work.
Recently, I went through the settings menu, and saw that the setting for DRCC(RSA) was in the off position. I tapped OK and turned it on.
Apart from putting a green box outline around the speed limit sign on the dash, and turning the speed setting into a white box with black numbering when tapping down the speed setting, it doesn't seem to do anything else, that I can see or sense in any shape or form.

So, am I missing something? What does that setting do?

Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (Road Sign Assist).

I don't know why they would be grouped together nor why they would be set to off in the settings. DRCC is the default cruise control option so it sounds like someone turned it off for you.

I've seen those tutorials before.

The thing is, it appears to make no difference to the adaptive cruise operation, whether it is switched on or not.
I've even tried turning it on and off while actually using the cruise, but it appears to make no difference to the cruise operation, except for the two items shown on the dash as I explained in my opening post.

Try it yourself in your own car and see if you notice any difference, because I can't notice any difference with mine.

Does it activate the long press on the CC +/- that adjusts the CC speed setting to the RSA detected speed?

15 hours ago, Ian.S said:

Does it activate the long press on the CC +/- that adjusts the CC speed setting to the RSA detected speed?

I think you are asking about the standard setting cruise (long press on the CC switch for constant speed cruise control)

No. There is no difference with the standard cruise setting while in use, or any change in the icons on the dashboard.

Short press to activate the adaptive cruise, and it works as it should - whether the DRCC(RSA) setting is either on or off.
When the DRCC(RSA) setting is turned on, I get a green box outline around the speed limit sign on the dash, and the speed setting indicator changes to a white box with black numbering when tapping down the speed. The white box disappears and it will revert back to it's normal display when the set speed has been reached.
Other than those two items mentioned, I don't know what it's supposed to do or activate.

When using the DRCC and you pass a speed limit sign for a lower/higher speed limit than you are travelling at you can long press the DRCC +/- buttons to set the DRCC to that speed limit automatically. 

On 2/2/2020 at 3:53 PM, Ian.S said:

When using the DRCC and you pass a speed limit sign for a lower/higher speed limit than you are travelling at you can long press the DRCC +/- buttons to set the DRCC to that speed limit automatically. 

Thanks Ian.S.
On my way to work this morning I tried what you posted, and it did as you said.
Turning the DRCC(RSA) switch on or off has no effect to how the cruise works.
Turning it on just links the already activated RSA to the DRCC, for 'ease' of setting the cruise speed to the posted speed limit.
Seems a bit of a pointless addition really, especially if the RSA reads the speed limit signs wrongly (as it has sometimes done with other posters, and once or twice on my usual route)