Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

bleeding clutch!

son of jorel

following on from previous post, have replaced gearbox, clutch and slave - (gearbox is smooth as butter) but losing pedal pressure leading to clutch not disengaging/engaging.  have now replaced master cylinder and still having same problem - cant see any leaks and not losing fluid...🥵🥵

before the gearbox gets taken out again and the slave replaced (as now at the stage that we think this could be the only suspect in terms of getting air in the system) - can anyone advise if there is anything we are missing in this process? is there a quirk or technique specific to bleeding and refilling the clutch system in a yaris?  really at a loss as to what is going on..

again many thanks in advance

There should be a bleed nipple on the slave cylinder. I think it uses the brake fuid and cylinder as supply.

Bleed as brakes.

That's a concentric type isn't it , it may be sucking air around the seal, but not leaking out

all i can think of its either a line was disturbed or if it was a new slave, a faulty slave

Have you done a full fluid change ?

ok, a call to the supplier of the clutch and slave (large national) to request a replacement slave, has highlighted I was sold the wrong clutch kit - one for a sequential box!  this despite them checking at my request when I collected it that it was correct.. 🤦‍♂️

it seems this could well be the culprit all along.. (I guess I should have double checked part numbers myself but visually everything looked fine and all fitted)

so for now I will put the can of petrol and box of matches to one side!

the saga continues....

ah yes iirc its the same box but with all the servos, the clutch is the same but it may be that the flywheel has a different offset

LUK are known for mixing up numbers as some kits have a 1 digit difference

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links