Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2020 Camry Software Update - Apple CarPlay in EU

Aeiria

6 hours ago, Alcar said:

To change the radio input, use mode button in the steering wheel.

The Toyota system don't allow using both "channels"

Well, actually it does. When you start with fm radio and later turn on AA (without start of music with AA start enabled) you can listen to the radio and watch AA, even get voice prompts from AA. 
But other more important thing - how to update MEU from 1530 to 1560 and what actually this update gives ?

1 hour ago, yasiu87 said:

Well, actually it does. When you start with fm radio and later turn on AA (without start of music with AA start enabled) you can listen to the radio and watch AA, even get voice prompts from AA. 
But other more important thing - how to update MEU from 1530 to 1560 and what actually this update gives ?

If you don't use the original maps of GPS it's not important. You can jump this update.

I don't use the original GPS but people told me that this update have any updates only for original GPS, show more information in the map.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok this is way too much for me.  I cannot logically understand what files I need to update my RAV 4.

I have a RAV 4 from 2019

Model ID

DCU: 17TDT2EU-DA01

MEU: 17TMT2EU-FA00

Parts No.

DCU: 86140-42570
MEU: 86840-06041

Non-JBL Sat nav 

THE ONLY thing I managed to boot off 4GB FAT32 usb is file 17TDT2EU-DA01_7910.kwi in root and it reboots twice, no change.
I tried formatting my 128GB usb to FAT32 then moving all data from USB3 then boot but nothing happens automatically / No update available in settings.

I tried with files in my usb 4GB FAT32:

17TDT2EU-DA01_7910.kwi
root/VehicleParameter/DCU/86140-42570
PreInstall/17TDT2EU-DA31_6001.kwi OR PreInstall/17TDT2EU-DA31_6000.kwi

I get screen attached

how big is the usb stick supposed to be formatted to 4GB /  64GB?  Can it be exFAT or FAT32 formatted on linux / unix (macos)?  I tried booting whole USB3 content with 128GB FAT32 but no auto-boot / no update in settings.

fail.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 6/3/2023 at 10:46 AM, Alcar said:

This system is only for Panasonic.

In Fujitsu you need to write a internal memory, it's easy but it's not a pendrive USB 

Dear Alcar!

I have Fujitsu unit. I would like to ask you, how can i do the methot you mentioned (write internal memory).

Thank you very much for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

i've read the guide and the whole topic multiple times. But i can't seems to enter the diagnostics menu in my Camry hybrid 2020.
i've tried:

- (no foot on brake) start button twice -> turn screen off -> swipe right 5x -> swipe left 5x.

-  (no foot on brake) start button twice -> hold audiobutton -> turn lights on and off (auto -> lowbeam ).

Any suggestions? Do I need the ignition on or something, like when the engine is running? Or only press the start button once?

On 9/10/2023 at 12:57 PM, notfor said:

Thanks to all ! carplay works. Only the standard navigation does not work at all, version of maps 2021v2... what could be the matter?

dcu 17TDT2EU-DA00 <-  DA30

mcu 17TMT2EU-FA10

Hello. Do you repair this?:)

On 1/22/2024 at 8:42 AM, auris owner 2013 hybrid said:

Hi Guys,

i've read the guide and the whole topic multiple times. But i can't seems to enter the diagnostics menu in my Camry hybrid 2020.
i've tried:

(no foot on brake) start button twice -> hold audiobutton -> turn lights on and off (auto -> lowbeam ).

Any suggestions? Do I need the ignition on or something, like when the engine is running? Or only press the start button once?

Just to be sure; you go one click up (to parking light) and one click down back to Auto? This have to be done three times.

After reading through the guide - and this thread a few times I got a great idea on what to do - and it worked out.

If possible I have a few changes/updates to the guide? One of them have been mensioned here before:
Update and replace the 17TDT-files.

What also took me some time was to figure out the whole USB1 and USB2 scene.

I am currently working on a revision of the guide so I can use it for future use, which also will include the USB1 and USB2 steps as well.

I kept all files intact so I have the original files, Alcar's 86140-33D81 files and my own 86140-33D80 which are basically identical. The same goes for USB2 where I have kept all files and also added the 17TMT2EU-FA10. I am planning to get myself a handful of USB sticks which I will dedicate to this to have them as backup (as well as one dedicated for map updates) but I might also just dump them all on my server. It could be cool to collect the various model and ref. no.s that people come across in their update to make a master disk, however since this is only an issue with a few model years of the Camry (aprox. 10,000 cars I believe I read somewhere), I imagine that there won't be much in it unless expanding to other models as it should be working in other Toyotas (aside from the Corolla and Rav4 which are officially supported) as well as far as I read.

1 minute ago, CrazyCatman said:

but I might also just dump them all on my server. It could be cool to collect the various model and ref. no.s that people come across in their update to make a master disk

This would be amazing. I've been following the thread, but not really understanding the whole process, reluctant to try wrenching the stereo out of my car... the information in this thread is great, but I'm just not knowledgeable enough to go for it.

1 hour ago, animaal said:

This would be amazing. I've been following the thread, but not really understanding the whole process, reluctant to try wrenching the stereo out of my car... the information in this thread is great, but I'm just not knowledgeable enough to go for it.

When you enter Setup and go to Software Update, can you then send me the following:

Model-id DCU (that should be 17TDT-something most likely ending on DA-someting)
Model-id MEU (that should be 17TMT-something most likely ending on FA-something)
Audio (four numbers)
Navigation (four numbers)

Then I can be sure to give you the correct files for the updates you need. I believe you will need all three sticks. With a 2020 model I believe the USB3 files provided from Alcar is the correct ones for you - then added USB1 (boot drive) and USB2 (MEU update)

17 minutes ago, CrazyCatman said:

When you enter Setup and go to Software Update, can you then send me the following:

Model-id DCU (that should be 17TDT-something most likely ending on DA-someting)
Model-id MEU (that should be 17TMT-something most likely ending on FA-something)
Audio (four numbers)
Navigation (four numbers)

Hey, thanks a million @CrazyCatman

I've attached a photo, and...

• Model ID DCU: 17TDT1EU-CA01
  • Model ID MEU: 17TMT2EU-FA00
  • Audio: 1141
  • Navigation: 1530

I also have the info from the hidden service menu, maybe that's not relevant.

IMG_0085.jpg

19 minutes ago, animaal said:

Hey, thanks a million @CrazyCatman

I've attached a photo, and...

• Model ID DCU: 17TDT1EU-CA01
  • Model ID MEU: 17TMT2EU-FA00
  • Audio: 1141
  • Navigation: 1530

I also have the info from the hidden service menu, maybe that's not relevant.

IMG_0085.jpg

Great information. The IDs from the Service Menu could be useful to be certain of the correct model and reference.

Firstly it seems that you need to update the MEU from 17TMT2EU-FA00 to 17TMT2EU-FA10 that should be done with the USB2. However my file is an older one, and still only got 1120, even with the 1170-file. I need to do some more testing.

Do you have 2-4 USB drives ready at FAT32? (two 16+ GB, one 32+ GB and one can be any size as the intervention folder do not take any space and the script don't use much/any data on the drive?

Two drives (x and 16 GB) are needed for the FA10 update (not sure if you can go with just USB2).

The third, 32 GB drive is for the AA/AC update, let's wait with that one until we see the model and ref. nos.

The fourth (16 GB) is the map update: I see you have the newest installed - did you install it (then you might still have the USB drive?) or did Toyota install it during service? USB3 might "reset" the navigation to an older version. Mine is currently 2021 v1, but I am not sure what it was before the installation. I have the map care package so I just finished downloading the 2023 v2 package, I just haven't installed it yet. You should be able to get it at MyToyota eStore (I recommend to check it and download it before starting).

Since yours are the DCU CA-model I am not 100% in the comfort zone, but according to the guide it should be the same procedure.

1 hour ago, CrazyCatman said:

Great information. The IDs from the Service Menu could be useful to be certain of the correct model and reference.

Firstly it seems that you need to update the MEU from 17TMT2EU-FA00 to 17TMT2EU-FA10 that should be done with the USB2. However my file is an older one, and still only got 1120, even with the 1170-file. I need to do some more testing.

Do you have 2-4 USB drives ready at FAT32? (two 16+ GB, one 32+ GB and one can be any size as the intervention folder do not take any space and the script don't use much/any data on the drive?

Two drives (x and 16 GB) are needed for the FA10 update (not sure if you can go with just USB2).

The third, 32 GB drive is for the AA/AC update, let's wait with that one until we see the model and ref. nos.

The fourth (16 GB) is the map update: I see you have the newest installed - did you install it (then you might still have the USB drive?) or did Toyota install it during service? USB3 might "reset" the navigation to an older version. Mine is currently 2021 v1, but I am not sure what it was before the installation. I have the map care package so I just finished downloading the 2023 v2 package, I just haven't installed it yet. You should be able to get it at MyToyota eStore (I recommend to check it and download it before starting).

Since yours are the DCU CA-model I am not 100% in the comfort zone, but according to the guide it should be the same procedure.

Hi @CrazyCatman

I have a few USB sticks, should be good there. Just tested 2 of them in the car, all good, testing the others now.

I also have Map Care, so the map installers are here too

Not sure what other details are important, but from the service menu:

• DCU Product information: 86140-33C90
  • MEU Product information: 86840-06041

Thanks!

IMG_0088.jpeg

1 hour ago, animaal said:

Not sure what other details are important, but from the service menu:

• DCU Product information: 86140-33C90
  • MEU Product information: 86840-06041

Thanks!

IMG_0088.jpeg

In Unit Version Information - DCU should should get a list where you need to scroll down, here you should be able to find "FROM" and "FROM2"; Those two will be needed as they are equal to the ref. no.

The DCU Product Information above is very good (equal to Model no.)

In the service menu tap  Service Information.

Then Version Information.

Tap the Push at DCU.

Then down arrow until you find FROM and FROM2. These are needed.

---

Now, I am a little bit pausing this since I just today got an error when turning on the ignition of the car as I now get the warning about PKSB and then get "Parking Assist Unavailable - Please Clean Parking Assist Sensor". I have tried to wipe all eight sensors as well as the dash sensor although this shouldn't have anything to do with the parking sensor. 

Yesterday I didn't get the warning after the update (which was done while driving home), but today I get it as I was trying to get these information.
I haven't removed the Battery terminals to reset the ECU yet, so if that turns out to help, then that's just awesome.

Have anyone else had this issue showing up?

On 8/27/2023 at 11:09 AM, dpm said:

greetings all. Issue is with a Rav4 but this is the closest match a search brought up...

I'm trying to do an MEU update on 17MT2EU-FA10 from 1120 to the current 1170 but get an error "insufficient memory, see you dealer"

has anyone seen this or have any clue how to clear the required space please?

thanks, David

trying to give this one a bit of visibility- is anybody aware of a memory clear-down or such?

On 8/27/2023 at 11:09 AM, dpm said:

greetings all. Issue is with a Rav4 but this is the closest match a search brought up...

I'm trying to do an MEU update on 17MT2EU-FA10 from 1120 to the current 1170 but get an error "insufficient memory, see you dealer"

has anyone seen this or have any clue how to clear the required space please?

thanks, David

I am not 100% sure, but there are some "CLR" functions in the Service Menu - I don't remember what they are, but perhaps one of them can work?

I installed the FA10 1170 on my 2019 Camry a few hours ago without this issue, so sadly I can't reproduce the error. I used a 16 GB USB 3 Kingston DataTraveller in FAT32. I has 12.x GB on it (a lot of different KWI + the FA10_1170. The system said it needed 15xx MB to install, which fits with the 1.5 GB KWI. After a while it was installed and just need a reboot.

I have also installed the DA01 1023 and has Android Auto working fine when plugging in the cable (gonna test Apple CarPlay later) - but I don't have the Projection app. I have done the reset of user data. I do believe I have seen it there at one point, but since gone.

I also suddenly have the previous mensioned parking assistant error, which I doubt is connected to this, however since I am basically driving in a computer, who knows.

Have anyone expeirenced weird errors like the Parking Sensor error or other unrelated errors popping up after this unsupported update?IMG_20240123_170437.thumb.jpg.ccbf37ffc164724a168a89790414c9ca.jpg

Does anyone know how to get the projection button?

And lastly: Anyone who had a fix for the Activate of "Toyota Online" bug?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have Audio version 1046 and Navigation version 1560 and I noticed in @Alcar post he had older versions after the android auto update process, will updating replace my current audio and navigation versions with the older ones ?

418563471_7406319052722715_697114673658479990_n.jpg

No problem, when you install this update, your system will be downgrade to this version.

I also have a question about the USB2, I saw some FMU folder being mentioned for USB2 but when I downloaded the files for USB2 there were no folders, I can find only kwi files. Do we need to create this FMU folder and put the kwi file inside it ?
Also in USB2 should I keep all kwi files or delete all the files and keep only one kwi file - 17TMT2EU-FA10_1170.kwi ?

Thanks

3 hours ago, kapy said:

I also have a question about the USB2, I saw some FMU folder being mentioned for USB2 but when I downloaded the files for USB2 there were no folders, I can find only kwi files. Do we need to create this FMU folder and put the kwi file inside it ?
Also in USB2 should I keep all kwi files or delete all the files and keep only one kwi file - 17TMT2EU-FA10_1170.kwi ?

Thanks

It's not neccesary, you copy all kwi files in the USB2. Normally I copy all files but I think that If you copy your model that's enought.

1 hour ago, kapy said:

@Alcar how is the sound quality when listening to music on AA/Carplay, is it as good as when playing via bluetooth ?
Also do you have the JBL speakers ?

Yes, it's good. The connection is by cable or wifi 5G. The sound quality is good like a bluetooth or better.

I have jbl system too

15 hours ago, kapy said:

@CrazyCatman Were you able to solve the parking sensor issue ?

@kapy It went away after a few days, but have come back again pretty randomly (went away and came back and went away and came back) during drive. I have cleaned the sensors but the error still occurs. I have also done the test of the sensors with a piece of metal (a key hanger I have in my home keys), and the four in the rear clicks as they should, but the four in the front didn't, so hopefully it is a loose connection after having the front bumber replaced.

Toyota will take a look at it Thursday (where they also will take a look at the rear JBL which haven't worked for almost a year, except the bass).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links