Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air con

Shid786

I have 2006 corolla had aircon regassed but still not ice cold any ideas as Mr T wants £133.00 just for a diagnostic. Thanks in advance for any replies. 

Assuming the actual air-con itself is OK (it is not leaking refrigerant and it is running at the correct pressures etc) then it could be something like an air flap in the heater box not fully closing to allow just cold air.

The exposed pipework under the bonnet coming from the evaporator should be very cold and (weather depending) wet through with condensation. You should also hear the compressor cycling on and off every few seconds with the engine idling the A/C switched on.  

• Thanks 1

Thanks Mooly can you recommend anyone in Manchester who will check and sort the aircon without pulling my pants down? 

I'm afraid not but you do have to 'split' the fault into two before you can proceed... because each issue that can cause this is totally different in what needs to be done to fix it.

The A/C system has to be checked for correct operation before anything else is done and that is purely a job for an A/C engineer. Pressures measured and temperatures checked.

A good mobile engineer might be a possibility. If the problem is found to be elsewhere such as in the heater box (like the flaps not operating correctly) then it becomes a major interior dashboard out dismantling job to get at it all and that is something I suspect most A/C engineers might not be keen to do.

Unfortunately its all going to cost quite a lot just to reach the point of being able to say where the problem is. I wish it was better news 😞  

• Like 1

Silly question have you looked at your cabin filter ?? A blocked filter will reduce flow

Thanks Mooly will try and source an AC engineer to diagnose what the problem is. If anyone can recommend anyone in or around Manchester area. Thanks. 

Hi,

Agree with @Mooly, you need to do the most basic of checks first like listening for the compressor clicking in and checking if the pipes are near freeezing.

Turn the fan on, using the center vent only and then turn the control from hot to cold, you should hear a woosh as the air control flap moves from heat to cold.

Is your a digital control panel or rotary knobs ?

Sounds like you have been doing a diy recharge ?  very problematical without the right know how or pressure gauges etc etc.

Used a mobile guy myself, typically about £50 to drain  and recharge, though he would only do that, he would not do any repairs, just say what he found wrong, in my case a very small evaporator leak.

Most big tyre shops have the same machines and similar prices .

13 hours ago, Shid786 said:

Thanks Mooly will try and source an AC engineer to diagnose what the problem is. If anyone can recommend anyone in or around Manchester area. Thanks. 

Get a hold of one of these first and, check to see what temperature you are getting at the vents.  A good working system will give you about 6° at the vents.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links