Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Yaris Icon Tech navigation update?

sufy

Hi. I have a 19 plate Toyota Yaris Icon Tech and wanted to know how to update the sat nav in there. I phoned Toyota and they said to update it they would charge me £150! that's a lot of money for something so simple lol

Is there a way i can update it myself?

Thanks

If you go to the ‘my.toyota’ site you will find everything there.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/

Basically, you first need to register your unit (the code is in settings) then you download the update (free for 3 years) to a usb stick and update your unit.  Again full instructions are given at the download page.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Graham47 said:

If you go to the ‘my.toyota’ site you will find everything there.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/

Basically, you first need to register your unit (the code is in settings) then you download the update (free for 3 years) to a usb stick and update your unit.  Again full instructions are given at the download page.

Hi Graham. When i click on the link it shows nothing.

14 minutes ago, sufy said:

Hi Graham. When i click on the link it shows nothing.

On the linked site, top RH corner click on My Toyota, register, sign in, add your car, register your multimedia then you can download maps from the estore the latest being 6.15.0wl for Yaris 

6 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

On the linked site, top RH corner click on My Toyota, register, sign in, add your car, register your multimedia then you can download maps from the estore the latest being 6.15.0wl for Yaris 

i have to pay for the update?

The update is free for the first 3 years of ownership.

You will need your unit's ID from the settings menu, best to take a picture as it's long and a mixture of letters and numbers.

Register for My Toyota, as advised above, you'll need you VIN

You may be asked to generate a validation code on the car unit, just follow the instructions.

I found it easiest to download to a laptop, extract the files and then transfer it to a USB thumb drive.

Your car must be running for the update and my last one took around 15 minutes.

There is a downloadable PDF guide here, go to HELP

https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eStore/2d7de30d-4dec-479d-be62-6b7879725bbf

• Like 1

5 hours ago, martswain said:

The update is free for the first 3 years of ownership.

You will need your unit's ID from the settings menu, best to take a picture as it's long and a mixture of letters and numbers.

Register for My Toyota, as advised above, you'll need you VIN

You may be asked to generate a validation code on the car unit, just follow the instructions.

I found it easiest to download to a laptop, extract the files and then transfer it to a USB thumb drive.

Your car must be running for the update and my last one took around 15 minutes.

There is a downloadable PDF guide here, go to HELP

https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eStore/2d7de30d-4dec-479d-be62-6b7879725bbf

Is it the map of europe i have to download? and is it 6.12.0L i have to download?  and put it on a usb stick and put it in my car?

Which file do i exactly download? as they are not free. I'm looking in the estore by the way.

Thanks in advance.

As Martin and others have said above, the updates are free for the first 3 years of ownership as long as you have fully registered you and your car on MyToyota.

As to the cost, it's the weird way that the Toyota estore website works. It will appear that you are going to get charged right up to the point where you checkout your basket but at that point, the charge will show as £0.00 (as long as you are correctly registered and logged in)

• Like 2

Not sure why you refer to 6.12L update as it’s not listed on the e-store page.

As has been said, if you register on the site, enter your Touch id code and select the Maps tab you will see all available updates.

You need to choose 6.15L and follow the instructions that follow for both downloading to the usb stick and for installing the update.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Graham47 said:

Not sure why you refer to 6.12L update as it’s not listed on the e-store page.

As has been said, if you register on the site, enter your Touch id code and select the Maps tab you will see all available updates.

You need to choose 6.15L and follow the instructions that follow for both downloading to the usb stick and for installing the update.

Does the engine need to on during the update?

Yes.

You will find that if you should happen to choose the ‘wrong’ update the system will tell you it’s “not compatible “.

Future updates will be labelled x.xxL.

As has already been said, as you get through to the purchase screen, provided you have registered your unit, the cost will show has 0.  You will still receive an invoice.

2 minutes ago, Graham47 said:

Yes.

You will find that if you should happen to choose the ‘wrong’ update the system will tell you it’s “not compatible “.

Future updates will be labelled x.xxL.

does the engine need to be on during the update?

Yes, and left on until complete

Full instructions can be printed off as can the security code.  I recommend you do so, especially the code which you need to start the update.

Just be aware, it can take several seconds for the usb stick to be recognised and the unit detect an update.

Just be patient.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graham47 said:

Yes, and left on until complete

Full instructions can be printed off as can the security code.  I recommend you do so, especially the code which you need to start the update.

Just be aware, it can take several seconds for the usb stick to be recognised and the unit detect an update.

Just be patient.

It's not detecting my usb. How long does it take to detect it? and what screen does it need to be on?

Detection takes less that a minute from the NAV screen.

Do check you have observed the following from the PDF I linked to.

Some drives come as exFAT and the formatting needs to be changed.

NOTE:
The USB stick needs to be FAT 32 formatted, with a capacity of 8 GB or greater. The USB stick
memory should be empty. To check if this is the case, or to get more details, insert the USB stick
into you PC / laptop and right‐click on the USB icon.
Please note that the software should be copied to the ‘root’ file structure of the USB stick, and not
saved to any other directories or folders.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, martswain said:

Detection takes less that a minute from the NAV screen.

Do check you have observed the following from the PDF I linked to.

Some drives come as exFAT and the formatting needs to be changed.

NOTE:
The USB stick needs to be FAT 32 formatted, with a capacity of 8 GB or greater. The USB stick
memory should be empty. To check if this is the case, or to get more details, insert the USB stick
into you PC / laptop and right‐click on the USB icon.
Please note that the software should be copied to the ‘root’ file structure of the USB stick, and not
saved to any other directories or folders.

Yeah i forgot to mention, i also did format it. I only have exFAT and NTFS i can format it to. How can i format it to FAT32 if i don't have an option?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, martswain said:

Download GUIFORMAT and use that to format the USB drive

Thanks for this. It has changed it to FAT32 but now when i go to copy the zip file it says it's too large! I have 57gb free.

What is the size of your USB drive?

(if you are using Windows on  PC you do have the option to format to fat32 - you don't need any other program)

Just now, CPN said:

What is the size of your USB drive?

(if you are using Windows on  PC you do have the option to format to fat32 - you don't need any other program)

64gb. I only have an option to format to exFAT or NTFS

That's only if you are using the formatter in File Manager. If you use disc management instead, then you can format it to anything you want... How proficient are you with Windows?

I stand corrected! It would seem that Microsoft have chosen to remove the "format to any type" even in Disk Management!! Sheez... 😒

@CPN

I found that out the hard way, but GUIFORMAT is a free download and runs without issue on W10.

@sufy

Once you have formatted the USB drive, make sure it is empty.

Extract the files to a folder on your desktop, then copy the CONTENTS of that folder to the USB drive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links