Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Driver seat does not feel as firm as the passenger seat.

mikmikmikmik

Hi,

When I sit in the drivers seat, it feels like the last bit of the seat nearest the backrest is pinching my bum, just where the stitching is across the width of the seat, between the last seat piece and the middle seat piece. I always have to adjust my seating position to stop that from happening.

I then did a push down test with my fingers on this last seat section nearest where it is stitched across the width of the seat and I can tell that the passenger seat is firmer at this point than the driver seat.

Has anyone else come across this, and if so, is any repair/ seat replacement  covered in the warranty?

Thanks.

No replies?

It is a 2018 RAV4 with the seat stitched across in 3 places. 

Am I the only person that has this issue?

Clearly it's possible for the seat sponge to go softer over time, however on a two year old vehicle I would expect that to be caused by a manufacturing defect.

I've never known a Toyota seat to 'go soft' unless the car has had serious miles on it. 

I would make contact with your local dealer to see what they say.

They say nothing is wrong and won't do anything about it under warranty. So, I have had to buy a thing seat cushion from eBay.

The local seat refurb place wants £230 for tailer made covers for the front.

Thanks for your reply.

Suppose you could contact Toyota GB directly, explain what the issue is, and ask whether something could be done under warranty.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links