Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Petrol Problems!

Toyota previa owner

Right had the previa about 1 year now and since i have had it everytime the car went past the petrol station it couldnt help but flash at me for a fill up! and i would only do about 20 miles and it would start flashing at me! :ffs: I change the spark plugs about 3 weeks ago and i actually found out they hadnt been changed since 1999/2000! Anyway i changed them and it made no change! its like a bloddy petrollic! Is this normal????

Many thanks

Watcha,

What model you got ? 2.4 GL ?

My better halfs one only does about 240 to a tank :eek:

Anyway, If the spark plugs aint been changed for a while than i would say get a good service done on it, cos it sounds like its been negleted. Clogged up air filter wont help your MPG - maybe have a look at that.

Cheers

Peter

I did a fuel check last week, and did 280 miles on a tank, allthough no slouch, I do have a light foot.

2,4 GL auto 1995/96 A/C

The spark plugs used on the Previaare platinum ones, you only change them every 60,000 miles. Did you fit the right ones. I got my Previa serviced couple of weeks ago (full B service) + got the spark plugs changed all for a total of £256.00 (not dealer, but ex toyota engineer in Sidcup Kent) inclusive of VAT, I must say its made a big difference with the fuel consumption and runs excellent now. I will gladly supply contact details of garage, just email me

Hi, i get about 300 to a tank, mine is a 2.4 auto, question!! did you also change the air filter.? gosh they get mucky and then it loves to drink the go go juice, also check your tyre preasures, 2 Lb under preasure and you can knock 50 miles of a tank!!, Love my previa warts and all!! :group-cuddles: (ps make sure the aircon is off if you dont need it!)

around town I get @ 270 to a tank, last week I too k it on a decent run and got over 400. I use Redex btw.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes Peter, thats the guy, why have you been to him as well

• 2 weeks later...

400 miles.?????????????? WOW!!!!! i get excited when i get 300!!! i once got 300 miles to a gallon though, i broke down and was piggybacked on a RAC truck from Dawlish to Cheshire, i'm thinking of breaking down again next year it save a fourtune hehehehhe

• 4 weeks later...

well....... i got the car serviced and it wa away for 3 weeks and the guy took it to skeggness! :wacko: and then i went to toyota and paid £50 for a set of 4 spark plugs and i fitted them and and it has never changed, and yes shes the 2.4 GL uk model sorry havnt posted in a while bin busy and internet was down.

Cheers for your post guys

Irish Gerard

Mine is a 96 Motiv-8 which is a 2.4 Auto. Round town (South East London) I am lucky to 200 miles from a tank. On a long run of motorway and dual carriageway driving I get about 350 to the tank. Bizarrely, two years ago I drove back from the Dordogne at nearly a constant 80mph fully laden with 6 kids, lots of kit and a roof box and got 400 miles from the tank :D

Had the plugs changes last year (mileage is 110,000) so will not need to change them for a while. I might check the air filter because I am not sure that that was checked when the did the fluids service (local garage).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links