Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2017 Toyota Auris Tourer

keidal

At the end of the day you should have gone back to the dealer the car was purchased from as, under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the supplying dealer would have been legally responsible for faults that appeared within the first six months of the purchase date. At that time rejection of the car would also have been possible. 

What we don't know is whether all of these faults you say you have experienced, are covered under the warranty, or are other damage - eg. accident damage poorly repaired, something to do with the previous owner, etc, etc.

As said previously, it is extremely odd you seem to have experienced similar issues on two unrelated models from two different manufacturers.

Thank you for your comments.

The car was purchased from a Toyota Dealership, approximately 300 miles away and was bought through an Autotrader advertisement. I presume that the Dealer did an HPI check on the car and also a condition appraisal before accepting the car from the previous owner. I doubt that any owner of a newly acquired Toyota car would attempt any repair on a car still within the Warranty period. It has been my experience when dealing with Dealerships that you are asked to declare any accidents on the documentation. The Dealership in question is not some "back-yard" outfit, they are a national company.

A family member also has a Nissan Juke [on contract] and has experienced similar electronic problems, which incidentally I have researched on the various Internet sites. It seems that no owners can come up with explanations, but have many suggestions including.

No retailer in my experience has ever mentioned, let alone deliberately or inadvertently complied with Consumer Rights Legislation in full. I doubt whether many of them know the full legal requirements of the Legislation. I have read the details many times and are fully aware of the obligations - and the difficulties of applying them without resort to the legal profession.

Last year I bought a secondhand car from a dealer more than 200 miles away, again via Autotrader / eBay and paid for it by Bank Transfer. When the transport company arrived at the dealer's premises to collect the car - it was "not available". It transpired that the car did not have a "12 month MOT on sale of vehicle" - it failed and  had many faults.

It took me three months to get my money refunded, eventually by the AA, after my bank. Citizens Advice, Trading Standards [both local to me and local to the dealer], Action Fraud, Autotrader, the ASA  and threat of using Consumer Rights and Contracts Legislation. No response of any kind from the dealer at any time.

During my research into ownership of goods, I believe that if you have paid for an item whatever it is and it is faulty at the time of purchase, then legally you do not have title of ownership - the seller does until it is repaired [no time limit]. Unless you buy the item "as faulty or needing repair".

Unfortunately life is not as simple as you might wish - and yes, I do know of the Small Claims Court action that can be used on-line.   

Thank you all for your comments, these are my final comments - let the buyer be aware !  

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links