Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Upgrading Touch & Go to Touch 2

ChrisTobin

Hello all!

I have a 2013 Auris Excel fitted with a Touch & Go head unit, the USB input has failed and so I'm unable to attempt updates etc. The USB options are greyed out and MP3 player not recognised. My local dealer advises that the complete unit would have to be replaced rather than investigating a repair. My question is could I replace with a Touch 2 unit possibly from a later model? I have only recently purchased the car so reluctant to start removing trim at this stage while it's under discussion. 

Cheers for any help

Chris

Yes, but it will require some rewiring

The auris is easy to take apart, there are a few videos on YouTube

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ChrisTobin said:

could I replace with a Touch 2

Yes you can but like @flash22 says some modification needed, mainly for the reverse camera and aerial adapter for the DAB.

Have a look at my thread, I did the same.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, obviously not a like for like swap, I'll study your thread thanks @roksI'm happy to attempt that, but need to see what the Toyota dealer can offer first. I know it's only a USB, but I still like my gadgets even in my old age! 

Dealer will not be interested if the car has warrantee it will be very limited it will usually exclude interior electrical

Do you have the touch (6 buttons and 2 knobs)

eBay has gone mad i can't find one sub £100  people have non nav versions up for 2-300 quid !!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124258656461?hash=item1cee64a0cd:g:AbUAAOSwQW9fzkLY

• Like 1

Thanks! Yes 6 buttons and 2 knobs! Not looking before I just took it for granted £300 would be about the price. Can I ask did you have any issues with ID code? It's discussed a lot, but couldn't really find an answer.

9 hours ago, ChrisTobin said:

did you have any issues with ID code

There's no ID codes, not had issues with mine.

• Like 1

They are not coded, if it's a like for like swap its nothing more that a bit of trim, some screws and a few plugs

you will have to move the sat nav module to the new one

skip steps 4-8 and there is no need to remove the gauges

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/7299a79b-9dc4-4cc8-8907-f7e29851193b/Auris_RHD_Touch_and_Go_Plus_PZ490_00331_B0_AIM_002_585_2.pdf

• Like 1

@flash22 Can I just say many thanks for the detailed info you've passed onto me, I'm confident I know what I'm doing with this now. It really is much appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

I don't believe it! The whole reason for considering upgrading was because the USB wasn't reading. I removed te head unit this afternoon and checked the continuity of  the USB lead between all connections and all tested good. Then from the details that @flash22 had shared with me found that the USB was not plugged into the correct input, changed from central to bottom input and it's working fine. I wonder if it's ever worked or if the previous one owner didn't bother with it. Either way I'm quite chuffed! 😊

• Like 1

Ah the dealer strikes again, some issues mean you need to disconnect the Nav module and plug the USB into the DA (Display Audio) to do a firmware update, then you put it all back - but someone forgot the USB cable

at least it's an easy fix

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 6/30/2021 at 7:37 PM, ChrisTobin said:

Hello all!

I have a 2013 Auris Excel fitted with a Touch & Go head unit, the USB input has failed and so I'm unable to attempt updates etc. The USB options are greyed out and MP3 player not recognised. My local dealer advises that the complete unit would have to be replaced rather than investigating a repair. My question is could I replace with a Touch 2 unit possibly from a later model? I have only recently purchased the car so reluctant to start removing trim at this stage while it's under discussion. 

Cheers for any help

Chris

Has anyone changed the Touch and go 1 to the touch and go 2?

Mike

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links