Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Extra mileage or extra HP??

SemCat

I'm planning to buy new Prius , great car and tremendous value for the money. Now when it comes to grades , there is AWD PRIUS , that gives...well 7HP extra which might come in handy during snowtime, but comes with less of a gas tank than basic grade. Is there anyone who has AWD for a while now and what's is AWD worth it ??

Hi, 

extra mileage all day. The rear motor on awd version is not powerful enough to get you out of stuck situations or to drive the car sideways, therefore it’s not needed. Best to drive in winter are winter or all season tyres. Good tyres will get you everywhere in fwd where the awd goes. 👍 Awd in Toyota hybrids add complexity but not much of a performance IMO. 

Excellent choice of car (I would say that as as Prius owner). Where abouts do you live?  In the UK the winters have been very mild in recent years and if this is the trend maybe a standard Prius would be ok.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links