Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

44 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

As I understand a speedo tolerance of +- a few % are legally allowed.

It is illegal for a speedometer to under-read (show less than the true speed).  In the UK, speedometers must not show more than 110% of the true speed, and for speeds between 25 mph and 70mph, 110% plus 6.25 mph. Eg if a vehicle is travelling at 50 mph, the speedometer must not show less than 50 mph and more than 61.25 mph.

• Like 2

That being the case, then in the future if I get the Yaris with 205/45/17 i want to put 225/45/17 (+2.9%), cheaper tyres at this profile, more grip & air! 

13 hours ago, Llynyfan said:

We're moving from a CHR (separate thread) to a Mazda2 hybrid (re badged Yaris). The Mazda has the HUD in the spec we're having. The Mazda seems to have a mix of the Yaris' specification in Select grade, limited choices admittedly, but ours will be in black and its everything we will need. Oh yes, on the delivery theme, ordered first week in June 2022, estimated time of delivery September 2022. I'll keep you updated.

Only found out the Mazda2 was a rebadge Yaris after I had placed my order. In some respects I wish I had stayed with Mazda, slightly worried I am going to regret ordering the Yaris. Good delivery time you have been quoted hope you get it in that time frame.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

for speeds between 25 mph and 70mph, 110% plus 6.25 mph. Eg if a vehicle is travelling at 50 mph, the speedometer must not show less than 50 mph and more than 61.25 mph.

Never heard of that 6.25 mph. 

My Corolla fluctuates a true speed  between 27-28 when ACC is set at 30.  That certainly has some following drivers who think a true 34 is what I should be at. 

Setting a comfortable 65, 59-60 true, generally works well until I close a truck doing 58.  That's fine by me if lane 2 is full of fast cars at close spacing.  Unfortunately the following truck doing 60 thinks it should be in my safe space from the truck in front. 

10% I can cope with but if I had to add a fixed 6.25 too. 🥴

14 hours ago, GSM11 said:

Only found out the Mazda2 was a rebadge Yaris after I had placed my order. In some respects I wish I had stayed with Mazda, slightly worried I am going to regret ordering the Yaris. Good delivery time you have been quoted hope you get it in that time frame.

I wouldn't regret ordering the Yaris, it was a fluke we ended up with Mazda but pleased we have. They had a CX30 in the showroom and I thought it was a fab looking car, we did however go there to downsize from the  CHR 😉

Its interesting to read in the threads that there seems to be some variations in the spec and order time of a car which effectively is made on the same production line. Maybe Mazda asked for some assurances to get their product out sooner and possibly at the expense of Toyota? Who knows, I certainly don't 🙂

• Like 1

The one thing that I have read the reason mazda got the Yaris and re-badged it, is because they were going to get a big fine from the regulator for going above co2 company emission target. Also hence no 17" wheels, at 16" instead, 93g/km instead of 98g/km. 

• Like 3

It's funny as most companies are already being fined for breaching their emissions targets, but they just suck it up as the price of business; Toyota is one of the few that aren't which is why they're able to make these small agile high-performance sports cars at a time when everyone is making gigantic wallowing EVs :laugh:

I guess it was starting to hurt Mazda as they're a smaller company, but the Mk4 is a good fit for the Mazda line-up, as it has the sort of handling and driveablilty that are definitely more Mazda-like than Toyota-like. :laugh: 

I'm just glad they still have the HUD available even if Toyota have dropped it...!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

It's funny as most companies are already being fined for breaching their emissions targets, but they just suck it up as the price of business; Toyota is one of the few that aren't which is why they're able to make these small agile high-performance sports cars at a time when everyone is making gigantic wallowing EVs :laugh:

I guess it was starting to hurt Mazda as they're a smaller company, but the Mk4 is a good fit for the Mazda line-up, as it has the sort of handling and driveablilty that are definitely more Mazda-like than Toyota-like. :laugh: 

I'm just glad they still have the HUD available even if Toyota have dropped it...!

There's one thing the Toyota has over Mazda and that's the warranty. Three years these days seems baseline and it's an expense we'll have to endure when we have to extend when the three years are up...unless there's Mazda relax by then, or my BM has turned into a GR Convenience Pack...too old for circuit packs, I like my comforts 🙂

• Haha 1

I hand't considered that! That said, yeah, the Relax warranty is nice, but it does tie you to the dealer (Which is probably the whole idea!) - One good thing about not having it is you're freer to use other garages, and the money saved could go towards a comprehensive warranty.

Hmm I wonder what Mazda's servicing costs are anyway...

re. the GR, I think the Convenience Pack is better anyway - It's also what I'd pick! I don't know why more people didn't get it, as you could get that and fit the LSDs aftermarket and have everything instead of having to choose between either! Doing it the other way around (i.e. retrofitting the Convenience Pack stuff) would be much harder I reckon.

One thing that annoys me is people getting the Circuit Pack and then changing the rims - I'm sure most of the value of the Circuit Pack is in the rims (They're forged alloy! Forged alloy!!!), but then people change them for normal cast alloy rims! Why even get the Circuit Pack if you're going to do that??

Ordered my Yaris excel in February. Finally has an update on myT app to say built in progress in France today. Just wonder how long it will take to arrive in the UK?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Still nothing on MyT but got an email today saying Status Update, processing order. So very much on track from the original delivery estimate. 

I also placed my order on the 7th of Feb. Hopefully it will arrive soon 

A - [Order- Starting build] - 4 Months 16 days (4 months 16 days) - Feb 3 - [24 May (processing)] -  Jun 19
B - [Build to Left Factory] - 5 days (4 months 21 days) - 19 Jun - 24 Jun
C - [Left Factory- Transit to Dealer] - 4 days so far...
D - [Transit - At Dealer ] - ...

I've been tracking this as I ordered on Feb 3rd - Not sure how the above will be formatted on this forum.

I got the same email you appeared to Roy, but on 24th May - it took just under a month from that to get to the "Build Stage" which then took another 5 days to get an email saying "Left Factory". The MyT app did have this updating faster than emails, with the emails coming in a few days after MyT but with the same dates of progress.

I am now obsessively refreshing the app and website to get an update of when is is being transported to the dealer - currently 4 days and waiting.

Another buyer, somewhere in the previous pages, a few months ago plotted their dates in - and I have been basing my estimates on that.

Their experience once build was in progress - [B] 3 days, [C] 6 days, [D] 6 days

I am obsessive as my current car insurance expires on July 12th and estimate on F12 network trick is showing as 19th, BUT delivery to dealer and PDI could be much sooner, especially as Toyota are now using trains to Toton.

I have nothing on the Web just a bunch of error codes.  When did that first populate? 

Regarding insurance, in my case I had a 2 month gap.  Cheapest option was to pay an additional premium to change cars.  Had I cancelled there would have been a hefty cancellation fee.  In your case best option is to speak with the insurers. Set out the dates see what offers you get. 

• Like 1

in my case, my existing yaris insurance will end in the beginning of August. I am hoping that my new car will arrive before that then I can cancel my old car insurance and then just start afresh for the new yaris.

How much cancellation fee will the insurer charge me? So will I need to keep my existing car until the insurance end to prevent a hefty cancellation fee? Lets say I get my new car a week or two before my old car insurance expires?

Any fees will depend entirely on your insurer.  As I suggest speak to them.  Tell them what you need cover for and see what they say. 

Suppose it arrives in 3rd week of August.  One week old insurance to go.  Probably no refund or a cancellation fee. 

Say it arrives 2nd week in September, you need insurance for one week.  Old insurer may be open to extend.  Old insurance may offer good deal on new car.  

1 minute ago, Roy124 said:

Any fees will depend entirely on your insurer.  As I suggest speak to them.  Tell them what you need cover for and see what they say. 

Suppose it arrives in 3rd week of August.  One week old insurance to go.  Probably no refund or a cancellation fee. 

Say it arrives 2nd week in September, you need insurance for one week.  Old insurer may be open to extend.  Old insurance may offer good deal on new car.  

thanks. Lets hope that the new car will arrive before the old insurance expires.

I just transferred mine over when the time came. Is less hassle, but they usually hit you with an 'admin' fee on top of whatever increase.

I had been looking at https://buymycover.insuredaily.co.uk/quote for daily cover (14 days is £59 on my current vehicle) - only thing I dont know is would I lose any no-claims bonus by not renewing immediately? Is there a period of time where you can be out of rolling cover and lose no-claims?

11 hours ago, Cyker said:

I just transferred mine over when the time came. Is less hassle, but they usually hit you with an 'admin' fee on top of whatever increase.

I did the same with mine.

If it was done online my insurance company wont charge you an admin fee - I couldn't do mine online as the registration number wasn't yet recognised but when I spoke to them on the phone to transfer the insurance the admin fee was waved.

Hi first post here.

My wife ordered a Yaris Excel with tech pack mid Jan 22 and it's been delayed all the way to November 2022 from an original delivery estimate of July 2022. According to the dealer is all due to the tech pack. Any one here experienced the same delays due to the tech pack?  Also the car has disappeared from the My T account, we emailed Toyota My T team several time but we never got a reply back.

In contrast my Supra 3.0 ordered on the same day as the Yaris had an original estimate of October 2022 but its now due delivery, any day now.

Thanks

Should have two entries with that number Roy - hit refresh again and make sure you are at https://www.toyota.co.uk/apps/customerportal#/ and not https://www.toyota.co.uk/apps/customerportal#/purchasedCars/ xxxxx x-being your order number

image.thumb.png.728c0abcc84b11c9263e36f1d6fa48a9.png

Edited by Janx1975
added image

Janx, thanx, I think still too soon to get any meaningful data.  On a slight different display a get 3 lines in one window. 

Was pleasantly surprised to hear the order for a scorched orange Icon model has been brought forward. Original ETA end of December now set for the 20th of November

7 hours ago, Hakiro09 said:

Hi first post here.

My wife ordered a Yaris Excel with tech pack mid Jan 22 and it's been delayed all the way to November 2022 from an original delivery estimate of July 2022. According to the dealer is all due to the tech pack. Any one here experienced the same delays due to the tech pack?  Also the car has disappeared from the My T account, we emailed Toyota My T team several time but we never got a reply back.

In contrast my Supra 3.0 ordered on the same day as the Yaris had an original estimate of October 2022 but its now due delivery, any day now.

Thanks

I hope this doesn't affect our delivery. We're also waiting for an Excel with the Tech Pack. Ordered the car in December last year and were quoted a delivery date of September 2022.

As for the car not showing on MyT, you'll need to contact Toyota with the order number from the Dealer (usually two letters and four numbers) and the email address you used when you registered with MyT. Mine disappeared for a while but Toyota have now added it again and I can track my order again.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links