Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

~~~~ 6 bloomin months!!!! ~~~~~~

Rav Rob

I ordered a factory build EXCEL at the end of April and was told 14 to 16 weeks at that time. It was delivered last week (13 weeks). I could have had one from dealer stock but they didn't have the options and colour I wanted. Dealers were also trying to charge almost full list price when you can get 16% off via a broker.

My understanding is the all RAV's for the whole of Europe are built in St Peterburg plant with engines shipped from Germany.

Regards Dave

14 minutes ago, DaveL-RAV4 said:

My understanding is the all RAV's for the whole of Europe are built in St Peterburg plant with engines shipped from Germany

UK RAV4s come from Japan ...

13 minutes ago, DaveL-RAV4 said:

I ordered a factory build EXCEL at the end of April and was told 14 to 16 weeks at that time. It was delivered last week (13 weeks). I could have had one from dealer stock but they didn't have the options and colour I wanted. Dealers were also trying to charge almost full list price when you can get 16% off via a broker.

My understanding is the all RAV's for the whole of Europe are built in St Peterburg plant with engines shipped from Germany.

Regards Dave

I thought the RAV4 Primes were built in Japan unless you are in North America where they're built in the USA?

Mine is coming on a boat from Japan anyway. Lands into port here in 2 weeks.

Hi Dave, welcome to TOC.

My understanding is that the UK's at least RAV4s come from Japan & afaik te 2.5l engine is not built at all in Europe (Toyota has engine plants in Wales & Poland not Germany).

• Like 1

My UK RAV4 is Japanese built yes.

+1, Japan manufacture tracked on the MyT app, landed at Portbury, Bristol.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ernieb said:

+1, Japan manufacture tracked on the MyT app, landed at Portbury, Bristol.

How does that work? How do you track it? What do you enter to register on MyT to do that? Really interested.

I just downloaded the app having registered on the Toyota web site.  I linked the same log on details to the app and that was that. It may be that the dealer “switched” something on but I did not discuss the app with then. I git a confirmation email from Toyota and updates vie email and the app.  I’ve posted images elsewhere on the forum.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ernieb said:

I just downloaded the app having registered on the Toyota web site.  I linked the same log on details to the app and that was that. It may be that the dealer “switched” something on but I did not discuss the app with then. I git a confirmation email from Toyota and updates vie email and the app.  I’ve posted images elsewhere on the forum.

Thanks Ernie. I suspect I cant do anything with it being a company car. I don't have the VIN or reg or anything. So I got to register with Toyota website then download the app. 

• Like 1

I ordered a RAV4 Excel a couple of weeks ago and was told I should receive it early November, the MyT app shows that it will be built in Japan. 

• Like 1

@Nick72, I did not have a VIN number or reg number the app relates to the order number.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ernieb said:

@Nick72, I did not have a VIN number or reg number the app relates to the order number.

Ah ok. I'll ask the dealer for the order number.

When I spoke to them a few weeks back about this they said I didnt need anything to set things up but did need the current mileage. It didnt make sense to be honest.

Do you have any links of where to set things up?

17 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Mine is coming on a boat from Japan anyway. Lands into port here in 2 weeks.

Howdo, was that confirmed by the dealer or Toyota themselves?  I have a similar delivery date from the dealer.

56 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Howdo, was that confirmed by the dealer or Toyota themselves?  I have a similar delivery date from the dealer.

Yes

2 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Ah ok. I'll ask the dealer for the order number.

When I spoke to them a few weeks back about this they said I didnt need anything to set things up but did need the current mileage. It didnt make sense to be honest.

Do you have any links of where to set things up?

You can "Add a car" to your My Toyota account yourself - all you need is a VIN or license plates number:

image.thumb.png.325fa80b2a2dd082e78c573e7ef8ff14.png

I'm pretty certain, adding a car to your account using an order number only is something that only the dealer can do ...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, philip42h said:

You can "Add a car" to your My Toyota account yourself - all you need is a VIN or license plates number:

image.thumb.png.325fa80b2a2dd082e78c573e7ef8ff14.png

I'm pretty certain, adding a car to your account using an order number only is something that only the dealer can do ...

That's good to know thanks. I'll speak to the dealer on Monday. 

Yes I added my car to MyToyota via the ViN so I was able to see it was the right one.

• Like 1

I have no idea who the dealer will be and doubt the lease company will tell me.

Any dealer with a Black Excel AWD with Beige interior, give Lex a sell it to them! Thanks haha!

• Like 1

A friend of mine has to wait 40 weeks for a heart operation so 6 months wait for a car is excellent really...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, satts67 said:

A friend of mine has to wait 40 weeks for a heart operation so 6 months wait for a car is excellent really...

Now that's perspective. Was telling an American friend that my R4P is coming under 8 weeks from order versus the USA 6 plus months wait.

Then he said yeh but you've been waiting 6 months for an appointment with an immunologist. Fair point.

Today’s news suggests that the NHS waiting list will extend to 14months so a wait for a car is nothing to get het up about really. 

• Like 1

In fact if you get too anxious over the waiting for a car you could find yourself on a longer waiting list for hospital treatment.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Catlover said:

In fact if you get too anxious over the waiting for a car you could find yourself on a longer waiting list for hospital treatment.

I have full BUPA cover so probably not.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links