Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Measuring electric charge

TonyFR

I am still learning my new RAV4 PHEV. Is there some software in the the car, maybe accessible on the MyT app, that records the cumulative electric charge, presumably in kw? This would be useful to track, and thus measure efficiency and cost.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TonyFR said:

I am still learning my new RAV4 PHEV. Is there some software in the the car, maybe accessible on the MyT app, that records the cumulative electric charge, presumably in kw? This would be useful to track, and thus measure efficiency and cost.

In a word NO. Like you I wish there was and I'm sure the data is available and collected.  At home I use the UK 240v mains charger and I've configured that with a power meter that plugs into the socket then the charge cable. It records each change as well as cumulative charge. You can set the coast per Kwh and the date and time.

A proper charge box would give you the data using the 7Kw cable.

I'm not sure where you live Tony but it might be an option for you? Not what you were looking for but it might give you a good indication of your power consumption.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TonyFR said:

Hi both.....you raise a good point Tony.  

However as Ernie intimates the smart features tend to be with charge points, public or home.

May seem insignificant now but likely to become a real issue down the line.

Even as I post electricity unit (kwh) cost are rapidly moving north.

Barry Wright Lancashire.  

smart monitoring on the charger/electrical supply you could try the hybrid assistant app

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links