Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Tsport 2001

Carpy63

Hi all, going to Toyota Tuesday to collect some bits, going to ask them if they have the proper paint code for my car, Speakers are original so I am ordering some Pioneers with the door brackets, £62 on line, good price and I hope better sounding than the stock ones! Car is going very well for 20 years old, love it in blue, has the wheels in dark silver, just refurbished the steering wheel and gear knob but have another coming, so far I have spent about £150 on things I wanted to do, bodywork isn’t the best but looks lovely and very tidy!, very happy so far. This is my 2nd Yaris Tsport in blue, have had the 190 and Tsport Celica, I prefer smaller cars so this suits my needs, it’s one of the first to be registered in the UK too! 🙂 happy days! 

As discussed in the other thread, you have the paint code from the car or did you just guess it

PM me your VIN i can then look everything up

No, it’s the code from the plate, ok, thank you, I will send it. 🙂

Nice, don't see them in blue very often - Usually it's that metallic bronze colour!

Which is I read the LTD edition colour, the blue is my favourite, just looks what it’s all about! My wheels as I said are dark silver, just suits it down to the ground, will get some pics at some stage, it has a stainless cat back too, took off the induction kit fitted, back to normal box for me! Lol 

• Like 1

I had pioneers in my old car back in the day. The sound is exceptional.

You say £62. does that mean fitted, or just for the Speakers ?

Yes, there not bad, no, I’m fitting them, still got the old paper Speakers in my car, could do with a new head unit but then you still have all the old unit looking at you, it will be good enough for me, trying to keep it standard, ordered some Tsport badges and a chrome/leather Tsport gear knob as I like the look of it 🙂

The sound 4 speaker sound system in the MK2 is no Bose or Pioneer, but the sound is really good and has just the right amount of base ( even more so now I play my own music and not the radio ) . I suppose for stock Speakers they're fine, I'd like to know who makes the Speakers for the MK2

I expect they used better than paper ones! Lol, in the day I used to spray them with hair spray to tighten them up! It worked! Speakers are cheap now so no need to do that, might go for 6x9’s later in a parcel shelf, lacking back noise for me but we shall see 🙂 

Don't do 6X9's, keep the sound stage up front with a 70/30 fade to the front - 2 way components in the front preferably amplified and sound deaden the doors, an under seat or spare wheel sub is plenty for the yaris you don't want to vibrate grannies teeth out, run the rear's off the head unit for some rear fill

6x9's are generally a poor design due to the shape and depth of the cone, they don't produce clean highs or low frequency signals very well

• Like 1

As others on here will know,I have a 2003 T sport .

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine , btw were the T  sport badges and gear knob missing on yours ?

With you ordering them I mean.

• Like 1

It makes me so happy to know the number of Mk1 T-Sport owners is growing on here again! :biggrin:  

• Like 1

Yes corrado , maybe a roll call on this thread would be good.

Here in Lincoln I have only seen one other t sport about , and not often at that.

Obviously I am biased owning one ,as everyone does not want to think that they have bought a bad car, but for a budget warm hatch that has such reliability built in , they are pretty remarkable.

A lot of old guys like me buy a new car thinking this will be my "last car" well this will probably be mine.

My Tsport had the original painted gear knob, liked the chrome one better, it was de-badged so I got a couple of them, Speakers are ok but being deaf from too much bass in my cars in my younger days, yeah I know, Im upgrading them, 😉 this is my 2nd blue Yaris Tsport, they seem to be rare on the roads, seen a couple around this area, Portsmouth, Thunder grey ones, blue seems non existent lol, happy with it so far, not mint but very tidy, has grooved and drilled disks all round, brakes are very good, 112k, stacks of paperwork, interior is in very good condition, all in all a very smart and usable little car 🙂

Ah I see carpy ,re the badges and gearknob .

Mine is the thunder grey 5 door.

🙂

I had a Celica 190 Mk2 the same colour, a Lexus IS 200 and the rare IS300! Lovely mate, love these pocket rockets 🙂 I can’t get my pics to load, I did in another mention on here about my colour code lol

Ok, going to fit my door Speakers this week I hope! Dash ones now are a lot better than originals, going to keep the original head unit as it’s ok, glad my sunroof is not leaking water, I have HID bulbs, not bad, came with the car, really enjoying just taking my time doing things, not fixing like a lot of other older  cars out there, we should have our own Tsport forum now as these are getting hard to find I think. 🙂 don’t you all think? 

15 hours ago, Carpy63 said:

Ok, going to fit my door speakers this week I hope! Dash ones now are a lot better than originals, going to keep the original head unit as it’s ok, glad my sunroof is not leaking water, I have HID bulbs, not bad, came with the car, really enjoying just taking my time doing things, not fixing like a lot of other older  cars out there, we should have our own Tsport forum now as these are getting hard to find I think. 🙂 don’t you all think? 

Prob worth having a sub forum! Bought mine for my son but find I'm using it more myself after replacing the old cdx. You're right they are getting rare now, especially good ones

Well I enjoy reading about the other models of car on here as well as the different versions of the Yaris.

Maybe there are enough T sport owners on here for a sub forum , but there would need to be a fair few to keep it alive with frequent posts perhaps.

I am happy to participate if it happens.

I am, I don’t normally keep a car that long but will this one as it ticks all my boxes, I think it deserves it really, we will have to see.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links