Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PHEV Spare wheel

Roger_N

52 minutes ago, ernieb said:

Similar set up to the one I bought and fitted myself. Looks good.

Absolutely! There's a lot more recovery stuff/junk in and around that wheel now though 😂

It is a good solution but I need full size spare. Cannot use a spacesaver when towing so of limited benefit. 

4 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

It is a good solution but I need full size spare. Cannot use a spacesaver when towing so of limited benefit. 

I'm yet to see anyone fit a full size spare in there without the floor cover being lifted up.

I guess that leaves you with: Roof Rack mounting, fixing it onto whatever you're towing, or going all-out and getting one of those RNOFit Fabrications tailgate ladders with some modification to hold a spare.

Alternatively still, have you considered a swing-away tow hitch mount? You can get them with pass-through tow hitches so it wouldn't prevent you towing something. eg: https://vilmonthq.com/parts/mtm-fabrication-swing-out-tow-hitch-tire-carrier-6x139-7/

Do note that the above tow hitch mount wouldn't work for the RAV4's wheels, it was more to give you the idea. They're a pain in the **** to find in the UK, so if you do manage to find one that'd work for you, expect to ship it from the USA or Australia.

14 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

It would be a very good fit for the HEV.

Rav4 SS.jpg

I was more getting at the bolt pattern on the linked hitch mount being 6x139.7 when the RAV4s are 5x114.3. The wheel wouldn't bolt onto it without modification.

Edit: oh wait never mind, you meant the space saver doh

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links