Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Good Old Days

jerry phipps

Blimey! Cheers Jerry.

I only joined this forum ten minutes ago and already I feel at home!

I remember all of that (except for a few of the more obscure American TV shows).

For those of us in England. Do you remember Sherbet Fountains? Can you still get them? I have a new grandson today (by adoption - he's three). I'd love to give him one and watch his face! (is that cruel?)

I remember my first one - biting off the end of the liquorice straw and sucking (too hard) until a huge lump of sherbet shot up the back of my throat and blew back down my nose! WOW! I think it was a kind of aversion therapy. I never once was tempted to shove any other kind of powder up my nose. And I was a teenager in the sixties!

Let's hope none of us grow up and forget the good things in life. Now where did I put my Khaftan?

Hi hatpro

Welcome to the club mate. Hey i could imagine mate how your grandson's face would look like if you where to give him a sherbet fountain. He would be pulling a face for at least an hour straight. Man they where so sharp and they really used to hit the back of the throat and you would always come back for more again and a again. Truly a classic sweet.

Hey do you remember the space invader sweet. Which was shaped like a flying saucer and they where filled with sherbet and they just melted in your mouth. Dam they where nice. Oh the good old day ;)

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links