Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MP3 info on Yaris screen

Ioannis

Hi All,

I am a new owner of a Yaris Hybrid 2018. I would like your help (and your experience) on using USB with MP3 files on car's audio system.

First of all, I insert a USB flash containing mp3 files in different folders. Audio system read the files and start playing them. Although in every file's info is referred the folder that this file is located, I cannot select a folder and play only the included MP3s. This is quite annoying because I separate songs in folders based on music category but car's audio system play's them all together. Am I missing something or am I doing something wrong?

Secondly, according to car's manual, when an MP3 is playing there is a frame in screen used to display MP3's album cover stored in MP3's metadata. Although I used several MP3s that include album cover in their metadata, nothing was displayed in the frame. Could someone that has used this functionality maybe help me?

Thank you in advance for your time,

Ioannis

Have a read from page 2 on...................

It's an unresolved issue, a few have had a look - I was going to have a play with mp3tag at one point but got side tracked, also check your firmware there are know issues with the skip, random and folders on some firmware

3 hours ago, Ioannis said:

Hi All,

I am a new owner of a Yaris Hybrid 2018. I would like your help (and your experience) on using USB with MP3 files on car's audio system.

First of all, I insert a USB flash containing mp3 files in different folders. Audio system read the files and start playing them. Although in every file's info is referred the folder that this file is located, I cannot select a folder and play only the included MP3s. This is quite annoying because I separate songs in folders based on music category but car's audio system play's them all together. Am I missing something or am I doing something wrong?

Not "wrong" as such, just not the way that the Yaris's head unit would prefer. Not a good idea to separate folders based on music category. Its preference is a folder structure based on artist/album/track a bit like this...

image.thumb.png.c20e8360f618b51e8cd8647b07bafe55.png

You don't actually need to have the album art as you see in my lists, just as long as it is embedded in each track and it will come up on the screen...

3 hours ago, Ioannis said:

Secondly, according to car's manual, when an MP3 is playing there is a frame in screen used to display MP3's album cover stored in MP3's metadata. Although I used several MP3s that include album cover in their metadata, nothing was displayed in the frame.

(I answered this question above)

• Like 1

As per the other thread, i have tried it with differing pic sizes and tag types with USB, works fine with the sat nav (Nav module takes control of the USB/mp3 function) but it doesn't show if just using the DA

TBH it's likely to be the way the touch2 DA handles the tag information or the tag need to be in the correct format for the QNX system or maybe the way the ID3 is pubikd in the sub system

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links