Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

rpm

smeg233

my 2011 toyota avensis when i stop at the end of the rd the rpm will go up to 2500 rpm push the clutch down and up and rpm returns to normal could some one help please

Moved to the Avensis club.

7 hours ago, flash22 said:

Petrol or diesel ?

Petrol

6 hours ago, JiiN said:

Have You disconnect Your battery recently? Mine did that too a while after disconnecting battery. Ecu was re-learning or something.

no not recently

From the description, this sounds like the Valvematic engine. I have experienced most of the idle issues, but not found the real solution. I have done a few work arounds, but seem to have noticed one remedy that works. If the engine is holding high idle revs when coming to full stop, when possible I put the car into neutral, then take my foot of the clutch. I also applied the parking brake, so foot off the brake pedal. Then idle speed settles to about 600 - 700 rpm after a few seconds and stays normal after. The high idle speed only occurs once in a while, so I don't have high idle speed happening on every journey, so it doesn't bother me. I would love to find the true cause. I have diagnostics, but do not have the time to go and fetch it and plug in, plus I don't fully understand or know the parameters shown in the real time function. Normal fast idle warm up functions properly, and the engine settles down quickly during warm up.

The other idle issue that can happen, is after the Battery has been disconnected, the engine idle speed is so low, it can stall. There is a relearn process, or just drive the car for a certain distance.   

In general, for all the minor issues, the Valvematic engine has been very good.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links