Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota proace 2018 attempted break in

Alex1980

Hi all, I’m knew to this forum. I hope some one can help.

I woke up this morning to find someone attempted to break in and take my van and possibly steal it! They didn’t manage to take the van but the ripped my door handle off and mad e a bit of a mess of the bodywork. I was wondering if anyone else has been in this situation and if so were you able to find something to fix the damage ie hold the new door handle In place.

thank you

0550C8DA-B211-4370-B4C3-81564A636087.jpeg

Utter b******s! :mad:

Have you spoken to your insurance people? You might have to settle for duct tape until they've decided what to do, unless they give you permission to patch the door up in a more sturdy fashion, e.g. by riveting some fixings back in...

Some years ago a colleague had something similar with her Nissan, where the door lock was levered out. The body shop filled the additional hole left by the screwdriver with a mig weld, rather than replace the door skin. Couldn't tell it had been damaged after the repair was done.

• Like 1

Search our friend Google to find out about van thefts/tool thefts, it is endemic. You were very lucky, a friend of mine who does a lot of window and bathroom work had his Peugeot van broken into, he had extra secure locks, they didn't bother with the locks, they smashed the external hinges off the van and pulled the back doors away, took everything he had tool wise. Never leave anything valuable in your van and pay to upgrade your security 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Parts-King said:

Never leave anything valuable in your van and pay to upgrade your security

Locally even Pukka Pies have 'There are no pies left in this van overnight' on the back door of their vans.

• Haha 1