Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Non starter

Alan b

Hi all, help needed please   I have a 2009 rav4  sr180  have just replaced  engine because old engine  was scrap. So brought another engine that came from a running vehicle ( same engine and engine code)  but came as a bare engine so mechanic changed every thing on to new engine and installed in car rewired got all ready, tried starting but it will turn over but not starting, plugged into OBD no fault codes showing checked all wiring all connected all fuses ok fuel getting to injectors new glow plugs tried everything no luck. Looking  for any suggestions 

If you had asked about mpg on a Phev you would have been inundated with answers! lol.

Meanwhile has the crankshaft position sensor / wiring been damaged on removal of the engine? As the replacement engine hasn't yet started successfully any faults may not be logged into the ecu? I would check all wiring again carefully. Disconnect Battery. Unplug ECU (reset), reconnect everything and try again. I am no mechanic but this sounds very much an electrical issue. Good luck!

Maybe immobilizer or injector code mismatch? Did you use the ECU from the old engine or the new one?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links