Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota embracing small flaws on parts used in certain areas

FROSTYBALLS

Huge props to them - The amount of stuff that gets rejected, and thus wasted, just because of a meaningless blemish is ridiculous. As long as it doesn't impact the functioning and reliability of the part I certainly wouldn't care (Everything in my Mk4's engine bay already has a slight patina or has bits of dirt and sand (?!) or spiderwebs on it :crybaby: Everything was so shiny when it was new...!)

They just need to make sure the suppliers don't start trying to take liberties by pushing the quality control boundarys!

It's like that thing with fruit and veg - I was shocked how much fruit and veg is wasted because 'it isn't the right shape' or 'looks a bit funny', but is otherwise perfectly fine to eat; It's not like anyone's going to notice once it's e.g. been mashed into a stew or something anyway!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cyker said:

It's like that thing with fruit and veg - I was shocked how much fruit and veg is wasted because 'it isn't the right shape' or 'looks a bit funny', but is otherwise perfectly fine to eat; It's not like anyone's going to notice once it's e.g. been mashed into a stew or something anyway!!

Which is one of the reasons I buy from farm cooperatives, it's not calibrated, it's not, necessarily, pretty, but at least nothing is wasted unless it's truly rotten. It also tastes a heck of a lot better than most of the what you can get in supermarkets.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links