Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota avensis 2.2 diesel 2010 not starting

Cka75

Been a bit of wally this morning ,changed the Battery on my avensis this morning and reversed  polarity for a few seconds and now it's not starting , getting lights on dash but no start,also  electric seats windows ,break lights are not working ,I'm getting vsc and parking break faults come up on dash,checked all fuses on fuse board next to Battery there Good ,been told very very unlikely it's the ECU ,so hoping it is a fuse or relay some where has any one have any ideas many thanks 

3 minutes ago, Cka75 said:

Yes plenty of charge 

Exactly what happens when you turn the key?

It's keyless but nothing happens when I push the button all ignition lights come up as if it pis going to start but nothing 

I can't picture yours but, have you taken it all apart again to make sure that you've not missed anything?

Yes done everything I can think off ,time for a auto electrician I think 

Moved to the Avensis club.

I would disagree with the advice that it's very unlikely to have damaged an electronic module, just because it's a known thing to happen after people connect jump leads backwards etc., but fingers crossed for you and I think an auto electrician is definitely the sensible route rather than jumping to any conclusions.

1 hour ago, Cka75 said:

Been a bit of wally this morning ,changed the battery on my avensis this morning and reversed  polarity for a few seconds and now it's not starting , getting lights on dash but no start,also  electric seats windows ,break lights are not working ,I'm getting vsc and parking break faults come up on dash,checked all fuses on fuse board next to battery there Good ,been told very very unlikely it's the ECU ,so hoping it is a fuse or relay some where has any one have any ideas many thanks 

by chance did u blow the main big fuse in the engine fuse box the big long white one looks like a long piece of plastic thats the master fuse 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 2009joe said:

by chance did u blow the main big fuse in the engine fuse box the big long white one looks like a long piece of plastic thats the master fuse 

Very likely. The only thing that prevents a short circuit through the alternator is the rectification diodes, which, of course, only work in one direction.

• Like 1

Had it running all fine but seats etc is not working but now will not start again ,when it was running it was running perfectly so am I right in saying the ECU is fine ,iv been told there a power module before ECU is that correct

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links