Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Check engine light on again

DanTavensis

just after spending 3k on this car the engine light comes back on, saying p0136 and that the heated oxygen sensor is to blame.

All filters have been changed and spark plugs recent throttle body cleaned and always use surpreme fuel with redex added.

Is this a thing that i can cheaply sort out as i'm getting fed up with this now. Seems to be a money pit.

Has it been changed before ?  The cheaper end of the market you may get 12-18 months out of a sensor if you're lucky, stick with Denso, Bosch or NTK

b1s2 usually fail first due to its location

A intake leak aka vacuum leak, exhaust leak or faulty wiring can be other causes for a P0136

• Like 1

I don't know if they have been changed before ive only had the car a few months. Do you know the best place to buy the parts online.

1 hour ago, DanTavensis said:

I don't know if they have been changed before ive only had the car a few months. Do you know the best place to buy the parts online.

https://www.micksgarage.com/home

is generally good price and usually has quality name brand and cheaper options  

There are plenty of sites and decent companies on eBay then you have the likes of eurocarparts and GSF

So its gonna cost a around a hundred for a sensor. Are all the sensors the same or different?

Just realised there different ones, hopefully a good garage can suss out which one is bad.

Screenshot_20211218_115908_com.opera.browser.thumb.jpg.45787985bc6f6a87d051ef775a3861a5.jpg

Bank 1 sensor 2 is the lower right one. 

And the sensor i strongly reccomend to buy is Denso DOX-0287, it's a direct fit sensor with correct plug, so no wires cutting and other mess. Your car came out of the factory with Denso sensors, so basically you'll get an original sensor. 

• Like 3

I’ve checked on eBay and they say it does not fit my vehicle, how sure it’s the right part I have the gen 2 Avensis 

The information I found says it fits the next model up from mine the 2005

isnt bank 1 sensor 2 on the left side of the engine if your stood infront of the car?

Screenshot_20211219_080821_com.opera.browser.thumb.jpg.583538395f7e2ca7467926efe78fc552.jpg

If you look how the manifold is shaped, first cilinder goes to right. 

Please make new search at http://www.japan-parts.eu/ with your cars VIN number to make sure i gave you correct info about sensor. 

Just to be clear is the sensor infront of the engine bay or underneath the car attached the the exhaust

Sensor 1 is pre cat, sensor 2 is post cat, P0136 is post cat, no point in torquing them unless you have the correct socket, just tight is good enough

depending on the engine it may have 4 lambda sensors 2 pre cat and 2 post cat, B1S1 is the lower right as you look at the front of the car

post-84513-0-25729200-1299261978.png

• Like 2

I do have the correct socket now as i just bought them as well as a torque wrench.

Finger tight then 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn, or to be pedantic 32 ftlb or 44Nm

or Just nipped up

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I cleared the code for the check engine light come on saying that oxygen sensor was bad, so far the engine check management light hasn’t come back on but my mpg has gone down to 20 miles per gallon . Is this still a sign that the oxygen sensor is bad and needs replacing?

I’ve just tested the sensor with a multimeter and a sensor is coming back is working fine but the power supply that it plugs into is getting no continuity, what does this mean?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links