Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just for fun!

Catlover

I was out around Chester this afternoon. Coming home I just exited a roundabout onto a 2 lane each way dual carriageway. Ha an Audi 100 on the inside of me and a Jaguar behind me. Just for a bit of fun, as the Audi accelerated in a spirited manner I booted it too, even though I was still in Eco mode. I am not saying we were racing, those two cars didn’t know I was having fun, but I kept up with the Audi spirited pace, and left the Jaguar behind. I enjoyed the moment, only about 5 seconds, but showed then a Prius can move when asked to.

The car seems to be running smoother then it has, not that is was rough-far from it, but smoother then ever. At 37k miles, engine running probably 20k of that, I wonder if it is now fully run in. Or maybe to do that Mr Toyota at the service last June changed the engine oil spec to 0w-16 (from 0w-20).

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Catlover said:

I was out around Chester this afternoon. Coming home I just exited a roundabout onto a 2 lane each way dual carriageway. Ha an Audi 100 on the inside of me and a Jaguar behind me. Just for a bit of fun, as the Audi accelerated in a spirited manner I booted it too, even though I was still in Eco mode. I am not saying we were racing, those two cars didn’t know I was having fun, but I kept up with the Audi spirited pace, and left the Jaguar behind. I enjoyed the moment, only about 5 seconds, but showed then a Prius can move when asked to.

The car seems to be running smoother then it has, not that is was rough-far from it, but smoother then ever. At 37k miles, engine running probably 20k of that, I wonder if it is now fully run in. Or maybe to do that Mr Toyota at the service last June changed the engine oil spec to 0w-16 (from 0w-20).

Hi Joe, my Prius’ is running really smoothly as well. In power mode the amount of power it has would see off a lot of other cars & those rope who knock out cars just simply don’t know! I don’t like to use power much since I’m trying to get , like you, as many mpg as possible, so tend to use eco mode most of the time. I had my car serviced about the middle of August last year & at the time the car had done 39,970 miles. Since then, the mileometer shows I’ve done a shade below 40,000 miles so only about 2,000 miles in 5/6 months. Mind you I do do a higher mileage in the better weather. I sometimes nip to Chester especially when the supermarkets have good offers on the wine & spirits. Chester is just about our nearest English town to shop in & as you probably know, here in Wales there is minimum pricing on alcohol as in Scotland as well, which makes buying wine etc expensive hence it’s worth a journey to Chester. 

With the weather a bit better recently, today was 13 degC, I done two journeys, each about 18 mile return and both over 70 mpg. Happy days.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Catlover said:

With the weather a bit better recently, today was 13 degC, I done two journeys, each about 18 mile return and both over 70 mpg. Happy days.

The car is run in for sure at 37k miles but actually these cars doesn’t  need much of a run in tbh, I had a couple of Priuses starting to drive them from 0 miles and they perform all the same and gradually ease a bit but I think is some sort of feeling more than actual change. When I was driving these new Priuses I had a go in 100k mil one and indeed the car felt kind of more agile, quicker , but again perhaps only a feeling. What petrol have you been using lately? E5 my Auris feel great, here with E10 feels like there is no oil in and engine straggles to turn, or perhaps driving with handbrake on. 👌

• Like 1

Hi Tony, just kept on using E5 from Costco, which as you probably know has some additives in, plus I use Archoil AR6200-EU fuel modification complex high concentration. And it is concentrated, 5ml for 50 litre of fuel.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Hi Tony, just kept on using E5 from Costco, which as you probably know has some additives in, plus I use Archoil AR6200-EU fuel modification complex high concentration. And it is concentrated, 5ml for 50 litre of fuel.

Joe, I’ve never heard of Archoil AR6200-EU. Is it worth using & could you please suggest where you get it from?

22 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Perhaps the 99 E5 is the reason why the car feels so smooth 👌

Let’s watch it together 👍 I am on it now👌

2 hours ago, Catlover said:

Wow that’s great mpg, not many hills??

• Like 1

The next village towards Chester, coming out of it is uphill, then you drop down into Chester centre, then up and thendown again, so not completely flat. Reverse going home. The run earlier in the week was 76mpg, today just over 70mpg. One journey toward Chester, the other day was toward Runcorn.

ok, the additive, the outlet is www.Powerenhancer.co.uk in Norfolk. They sell loads of brands. For the Archoil AR6200 go to the search top right corner and type “AR6200”.

or try:-

https://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=Ar6200

i have used this now probably 3 maybe bit more years. Have a nosey around, there may be something else taking your attention, but Archoil brand I was using in my diesel cars from about 7 years ago to getting petrol/hybrid cars.

The next village towards Chester, coming out of it is uphill, then you drop down into Chester centre, then up and thendown again, so not completely flat. Reverse going home. The run earlier in the week was 76mpg, today just over 70mpg. One journey toward Chester, the other day was toward Runcorn.

ok, the additive, the outlet is www.Powerenhancer.co.uk in Norfolk. They sell loads of brands. For the Archoil AR6200 go to the search top right corner and type “AR6200”.

or try:-

https://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=Ar6200

i have used this now probably 3 maybe bit more years. Have a nosey around, there may be something else taking your attention, but Archoil brand I was using in my diesel cars from about 7 years ago to getting petrol/hybrid cars.

Hi Joe, thanks for the info & the link. Will look it up.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links