Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My T app warnings

Paulq

This week I happened to glance at the My T app and saw that there were 6 'High Severity' warnings, all related to the braking and safety settings on my 70 plate RAV4 Hybrid.  The car has displayed no warnings.  As advised I took it in to the dealer today who reported no faults but couldn't explain why the car hadn't flashed them up.  The explanation I was given was that the car must have been stood, unused, for a period and gone into low power mode when it subsequently shuts down some of those systems.  

I explained that my car is driven at least 30 miles each day, engages the engine regularly, so it hasn't been stood for even a day since I bought it in August last year.  That was as far as I got and must confess I am a little less than satisfied with the answer; particularly given the nature of the alerts and having to take it to the dealers if it happens again.

Anyone else experienced this or have any thoughts please?

Thanks.

Paul, you might want to update your profile to reflect the car you now have ... ?

1 minute ago, philip42h said:

Paul, you might want to update your profile to reflect the car you now have ... ?

Done

Exactly where on the MyT app did you see these?

I have the same model, grade and year and cannot today find anywhere on the MyT app that would display such warnings - though I thought that I did a few days ago ... maybe my mind is going ... 😉

Either way, neither the car nor the garage can find anything wrong. And we knwo that the MyT app can, occasionally, become a pile of poo following dodgy updates. So I'd be inclined to put it done to that unless and until it happens again.

You might want to update the MyT app to the latest version ...

1 minute ago, philip42h said:

Exactly where on the MyT app did you see these?

I have the same model, grade and year and cannot today find anywhere on the MyT app that would display such warnings - though I thought that I did a few days ago ... maybe my mind is going ... 😉

Either way, neither the car nor the garage can find anything wrong. And we knwo that the MyT app can, occasionally, become a pile of poo following dodgy updates. So I'd be inclined to put it done to that unless and until it happens again.

You might want to update the MyT app to the latest version ...

In the notifications section at the bottom (bell icon).  This is a few of them (attached).

To be honest, and this may be me being over cautious, but I don’t think I can put it down as done given that none of the reasons for it happening actually exist in my case.  Yes the app is flaky but it’s getting the information from the car, surely?

Thanks for your reply - appreciated.

2883941C-5CB0-43B5-AF5C-7FE7B3C4BA4B.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Paulq said:

it’s getting the information from the car, surely?

No, I don't think that the MyT app gets information from the car directly. The car talks to the Toyota servers and the App gets it's info from those same servers ...

3 minutes ago, philip42h said:

No, I don't think that the MyT app gets information from the car directly. The car talks to the Toyota servers and the App gets it's info from those same servers ...

Interesting as my dealer told me that the notifications come from the car. Don’t really see the point in an app if it’s not reflecting the car’s status. It’s like it telling me it’s unlocked when it isn’t. Bizarre. 

Not overly happy. Or satisfied to be honest. 

In the PHEV version the hard braking and acceleration show up on the trip map. If I accelerate or brake hard then I can be sure it will show up on the map.

13D4BA5F-F14E-40AF-8B52-1C493F5AE23F.png

1 hour ago, Paulq said:

Interesting as my dealer told me that the notifications come from the car. Don’t really see the point in an app if it’s not reflecting the car’s status. It’s like it telling me it’s unlocked when it isn’t. Bizarre. 

Not overly happy. Or satisfied to be honest. 

OK, I'm 99% certain that you have the wrong version of the App. Toyota messed up and released a duff version of the App a week or so ago that introduced a number of features that our cars just don't have. For us, the locked / unlocked status isn't available.

When you get a moment, update the App on your 'phone ...

Just now, ernieb said:

In the PHEV version the hard braking and acceleration show up on the trip map. If I accelerate or brake hard then I can be sure it will show up on the map.

13D4BA5F-F14E-40AF-8B52-1C493F5AE23F.png

Exactly - the point is that the app reflects the reality with the car.  As it stands now I have:

1 - An app that's telling me the car has 6 high severity alerts and has to be looked at by a dealer.

2 - A car that's telling me nothing of the sort.

3 - A dealer who is telling me it's about the car not being driven when it's driven extensively every single day.  Their advice was 'drive the car more'.

Baffled.

The app reports every other element of the car's condition accurately - location, fuel status, trip history, locking status so why would it be the app telling me something is wrong if it's not?  Surely the issue is the car?

The latest duff version of the MyT app is discussed here (21st Feb):

As all of the warnings appear to have occured at the same time, 11:12 on the 3rd Feb, can you remember what you were doing with the car at the time, or can you see from the trip history? If the car was sat on your drive, it's highly likely a momentary glitch. Also, the notifications will stay there until you clear them (I had a couple from the PDI before I took delivery) so if they are not showing on the dealer diagnostic and they don't come back when you clear them, I think it's safe to say it could have been gremlins.

I think what other have been saying is the car talks to the server, which in turn talks to the app, so there are multiple opportunities for an error to be introduced, that might not have originated from the car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links