Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thoughts on the rav

Nodwaa

Hi everyone. 

So finally found a rav that I was happy buying.

I am liking it as for now but few things I don't. 

Interior is very rattley, something that I can address with I sound deadening and what not.

It's currently on 18inch, Im thinking maybe swap out for 17s if people have any info please.

Looking for a bit of a softer ride and hoping for better mpg. 36 on the motorway. Little disappointing.

Need to upgrade stereo and I think I will be very happy with it.

Welcome! It would help if you gave a little more detail on your RAV - specifically engine, gearbox and grade ...

Oops I do apologize

2.2 dcat SR

Automatic

White (questionable 😅)

• Haha 1

RAV4s are generally pretty well screwed together so really should not be "very rattley". I guess that you need to hunt down the source of said rattle. It'll never be whisper quiet but it shouldn't rattle excessively. Is the rattle coming from within or without?

It is supplied as standard on 235/55R18s. I doubt that you will gain much if any benefit by swapping to 17" wheels. What tyres is it running on? A newer, more compliant tyre might well improve the ride. It's a lot more "Tonka Toy" than "Limousine", but that's part of the character and the fun.

36 mpg on the motorway is pretty good for a 2.2 D-CAT auto - if you want better fuel economy, drive a little more slowly ... 😉

Yeah, it's more likely an old M&M or Skittle rattling around some plastic crevice somewhere from the previous owner (Or previous owner's kids! :laugh: My parent's Verso was clearly owned by a family - The amount of sweet wrappers and bits of crisp and biscuit I dug out of the back of that car was unbelievable! The dealer really just did the bare minimum to clean that car before sale...!)

23 hours ago, philip42h said:

RAV4s are generally pretty well screwed together so really should not be "very rattley". I guess that you need to hunt down the source of said rattle. It'll never be whisper quiet but it shouldn't rattle excessively. Is the rattle coming from within or without?

It is supplied as standard on 235/55R18s. I doubt that you will gain much if any benefit by swapping to 17" wheels. What tyres is it running on? A newer, more compliant tyre might well improve the ride. It's a lot more "Tonka Toy" than "Limousine", but that's part of the character and the fun.

36 mpg on the motorway is pretty good for a 2.2 D-CAT auto - if you want better fuel economy, drive a little more slowly ... 😉

thanks it is defiantly the interior more towards the back boot area. but i still have plans of getting some sound deadening down now its coming warming a bit.
i think im over think the MPG as my other car was fantastic on fuel. but totally different so i shouldn't really compare.
it was 36 mpg over 210 miles. dont think the price of fuel is helping either 
it has the same as factory bridgestones on the back. how ever the fronts are some serious cheap Chinese things. HT TECH tires. never heard of it hahah.

thanks for help

I'd be inclined to put a set of Michelin Cross Climates on it - they'll be far more compliant than the OEM Bridgestones. I run my RAVs on Michelin CC - other brands are available! 😉

IIRC there's a heat shield over the exhaust pipe down the back that has been known to come loose and cause a rattle - but that's all getting far to hands-on for me ...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links