Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Avalon Touring 2007 Key Fob Programming

BobCars

Hey everyone, 

I have a problem that is really frustrating me. I have a Toyota Avalon touring 2007 which is a lovely car. Unfortunately, the one key fob the car had is broken now in 2022. We then decided to purchase an aftermarket key fob which works for the Avalon especially because of the huge amount of success reviews. However, once I received the key problems began to arise. 

Reading articles and watching videos, I got my Avalon into programming mode. There are a series of steps which I completed to get there. However, at the last step you are supposed to put the key into ignition and turn it ON to OFF however many times you desire to reach a specific mode. 

One Time = Add Mode (adding keys)

Two Times = Rewrite Mode (Rewrite over the original keys and adding new ones completely)

Three Times = Confirmation Mode (The car lock would cycle however many times there are keys connected to it)

Five Times = Prohibition Mode (Stop all key fobs from be programmed into the car)

NOTE: PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG IN ANY OF THESE MODES I'M STILL LEARNING.

To connect the remote, you need to hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK button at the same time for about 1.5 seconds and release. Then press and hold the lock button for 2 seconds until the car lock cycles 1 time to confirm successful programming or twice to indicate there is a problem with the programming. 

Now, I tried the first mode in which I couldn't connect my key. It would cycle twice indicating failure. Then I tried the second mode in which rewriting it didn't work either. Then I tried the fifth mode which is to prohibit the keys from being programmed. Then I did it once more to exit prohibit mode. Then I tried confirmation mode which says that I have 11 KEYS CONNECTED TO MY CAR, which doesn't make any sense. The car lock cycles 11 times precisely every time I tried it. So these are my questions.

What are some ways to trouble shoot my key fob not accepted into my car? (Key fob Battery changed multiple times and Battery is installed correctly) 

Why is there 11 keys programmed to my car when there's only supposed to be 4 maximum?

How would one exit Prohibition Mode? 

Why is my car not accepting the remote even when the signal is there?

If someone knows anything please help out. Thanks again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links