Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyT app not recording longer trips correctly

nlee

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

Picking on a trip from last week - exactly 1 hour driving - I noted that it recorded 7 driving events (2 hard accelerations and 5 hard brakings). It was a quietish day so relatively easy-going - a typical hour's driving might well contain rather more events than that.

In order to have an exact track of the route all it need record are the turn waypoints - it can (and does) assume that you follow the road and uses the same map as available to the sat nav to determine the route. So if your journey is relatively straightforward it can be recorded with relatively few data points; if it is complex with many junctions and turns it will require many more data points.

Using your estimates, a data point every 5-6 seconds / 120 metres seems an excessive number  - one every few minutes or every few miles seems more reasonable - so it does seem to be recording rather more than perhaps it needs to.

A software fix sounds relatively easy to me - add code to the effect that when the2000 event buffer is 'full', upload the buffer (as if you had just stopped), flush the buffer and start again ... but it is probably a little more complicated than that. 😉 

My trip on Wed evening cut short at 2hr 42m and 98.1 miles. There were only 4 "driving" events (two good boy and two naughty boy!). When looking at the track, I must assume that every time it changes from HV to EV (in hybrid mode) that will have to be an event to record the way it does. It makes sense what you say about periodic GPS coordinates then infilling with the obvious route in between and maybe the solution is to reduce the frequency of these periodic data points. Ideally, what you say about partial data uploads maybe every 30 or 60 mins would be preferable.

This was my response.....

"Thank you for your patience, whilst we have looked into this for you. 

There is a maximum of 2000 events that can be stored on each trip and once this has been reached, only the end location is captured. The events include braking, acceleration, stops, etc. so over a long trip this can add up. 

This is the case for each of the 3 trips that you listed. 

I am not aware of other customer raised cases about this issue, so I am doing some further investigation to see if there are plans to increase the threshold. 

I will come back to you when I have more information, if that's ok."

I like the way they constantly say that they do not know of any other instances of this surely there must be some central problem matching data base?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nlee said:

When looking at the track, I must assume that every time it changes from HV to EV (in hybrid mode) that will have to be an event

Yes, of course, that will add quite a few more ... I hadn't accounted for those ... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ernieb said:

I like the way they constantly say that they do not know of any other instances of this surely there must be some central problem matching data base?

I know, don't they think forums like this exist.

The system we use for business mileage uses recommend routes that the system calculates and I have to give a reason for taking another route so I don't use MyT for claims. So it's only a nice to have for info and for being geeky with the stats for me, but I could imagine it being frustrating if people want it for mileage claims.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did a 4 hour trip today with complete data logging. My hybrid coaching was 93 against a more typical 83.  3 hours at - 17 and 4 hours at - 7 suggests less data logging in the longer run. 

Talking of data, my trip south was 66mpg at 55mph and the trip north was 74mpg at 47mph. 

I used ACC both way with 65 (60 true) down and 60 (55) back.  On the journey back there was few trucks and traffic was light so slower driving did not create problems.  On a normal day I would have had to travel a little faster. 

• 1 year later...

Sorry to reopen this, I've done several local trips of about 20 minutes and the new MyToyota app isn't showing quit3 a few of these have been at 6am and earlier, and they've not shown, I've done my first long trip today 2hr 30mins  appox 100 miles on a fairly clear motorway thinking this would register but no it didn't I don't think the 2000 incidents seems to matter especially considering I've done short journeys I've done.

Sabadell, something is wrong.   In my case MyT is working nearly perfectly with most trips showing within the hour and some in bare minutes.

Suggest you email Toyota.

This really doesn't make sense...

The journey is 100 miles exactly I know this, because my return journey, has now registered within 10 mins on the app.

I purposefully took my time tonight as the weather was awful driving rain on the motorways, never had a score like it before though 96.  😲 

@Roy124 thank you for your input, car is in for service soon will define get them to check it out.

The app has in the past 'lost' trips you are not alone in reporting this. I've certainly experienced missed trips, reporting this from the support within the app can sometime restore them but generally they are gone. For me I think that the car has failed to connect with the Toyota system at the end of the trip and the data is then effectively lost for the whole trip. I'd suggest that if this happens regularly you take the car and have the DCM model checked out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ernieb said:

The app has in the past 'lost' trips you are not alone in reporting this. I've certainly experienced missed trips, reporting this from the support within the app can sometime restore them but generally they are gone. For me I think that the car has failed to connect with the Toyota system at the end of the trip and the data is then effectively lost for the whole trip. I'd suggest that if this happens regularly you take the car and have the DCM model checked out.

In many cases I suspect but can't prove, the 2 factors will be... Server issues at Toyota, and or, no 3G signal for the DCM?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

In many cases I suspect but can't prove, the 2 factors will be... Server issues at Toyota, and or, no 3G signal for the DCM?

Isn't 3G being switched off?

If it is loss of signal that makes sense as yesterday when we got to our destination there was no mobile signal either on Voda, or EE/O2

• Like 1

Just now, scabad said:

Isn't 3G being switched off?

3G or 4G. Not sure which the DCM module uses which may also be a different unit in the newer versions of the RAV (2024 Vs 2021) given the cloud access for Nav in the new infotainment. 

2 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

3G or 4G. Not sure which the DCM module uses which may also be a different unit in the newer versions of the RAV (2024 Vs 2021) given the cloud access for Nav in the new infotainment. 

Mine car is a corolla 23 plate, so in theory should be 4G

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links