Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T22 needs to replace a part of undercarriage but don't know its name

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,


I plan to make some restoration of the car undercarriage, I need to replace a pipe that has rusted badly over the years
The rest of the undercarriage can be easily cleaned and painted with a protective layer. The pipe is located close to rear suspension.

Does anyone know the name of this part? Or is it a part of chasis that cannot be bought separately?


Thanks for reply




Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, is it a hollow tube or, as I suspect, a solid one? If solid, I would be inclined to rub it down with first a hard wire brush, then some sandpaper, then coat it with rust inhibitor and finally paint it. Would be best to remove it to do that, but, be careful, before you do, see if it is under tension. If it is, leave it in place to do it (as you may never get it back on!).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, that's what I am planning to do for the rest of the undercarriage. However, this part cannot be saved because there are rust pieces falling out of it 😕

Luckilly, I just have found a clean (rust-free) used piece selling nearby 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...