Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Estima insurance

therealhyper

On 8/18/2022 at 7:06 PM, JohnGW said:

I have insured via NFU mutual no fancy hiked premiums, all over the phone and they are not on comparisson sites but 0% monthly installments and breakdown cover with a great premium for the year.

Try reading back a few posts.

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/12/2022 at 4:27 PM, ASIN said:

@Jam360 @therealhyper im going through exactly the same problem.. almost to the point of getting rid of my estima hybrid that i have just got. Would u mind sharing the companies that u got insurance from? That would be really helpful and much appreciated. 🙌🙌

Hi, 

We have just got insured with Direct Line. We could do it all online and not have to go through the awful interrogation process of Adrian Flux ie Are you using it for anything other than private use? No.

Why do you need a 7 seater car then? Because we like it.

But why do you need such large car? Etc

Direct Line was a great relief after that. 

Hope that helps you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

My Car Toyota Estima Haybryd 2012. 

The Admiral valued my policy at £817. With no motoring incidents etc, full NCB (20+yrs)

Still looking for a good deal.

• Sad 1

Try Direct Line.

2014 Hybrid and I pay £53 per month, or if you rather tpay annually £580.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tomasz Seweryn said:

Hi

My Car Toyota Estima Haybryd 2012. 

The Admiral valued my policy at £817. With no motoring incidents etc, full NCB (20+yrs)

Still looking for a good deal.

I managed to negotiate. You have to call and talk individually. The system does not see Hybrid.
I got a good price of £608

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beduin_ said:

Try Direct Line.

2014 Hybrid and I pay £53 per month, or if you rather tpay annually £580.

Super!

1 minute ago, Tomasz Seweryn said:

I managed to negotiate. You have to call and talk individually. The system does not see Hybrid.
I got a good price of £608

Admiral

• Like 1

I've just left Direct Line. They wanted around £800 for the year. I managed to get insurance from another company for just under £400. This is for the same amount of cover. I tried Adrian Flux and am still waiting for them to phone me back with my quote.

I found out Churchill are a Direct Line company; They put my Yaris up from £400-something to £800 too!!

They are really trying it on...

Good luck with Adrian Flux, and don't write them off straightaway if their quote is high; Their initial quote for me was equally stupid-high, but I called back a few days later and a much cheaper quote had come through. It turns out they're a broker and function almost like their own comparison site...!

They do miss some stuff tho'; For the first time since I passed my test, my policy doesn't let me drive another car under third-party/fire/theft level insurance! They do have the guaranteed courtesy car thing as an optional extra tho' (They actually have a lot of optional add-ons, more than any other insurer I've been with before, but they don't publicise them very well...!). And I don't get this thing with some insurers saying they have to list my steel rims as third-party alloys, but as long as it doesn't increase the premium and is legit then I don't care! :laugh: 

8 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I found out Churchill are a Direct Line company

Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag are all owned by UK Insurance Ltd.

• Like 1

Yes, I was aware Churchill are part of Direct Line. My good Lady is with Churchill and her insurance is due for renewal next month. She's been quoted a stupidly high price for her renewal as well, and will also be moving to someone else.She was originally quoted just over £700 by Churchill, which was reduced to just over £600 when we spoke to them. She also had a quote of around £380 from Toyota. We're looking around at the moment, but will definitely not be using Direct Line or Churchill.

To play on a quote from another Churchill

We shall fight our insurance quote, we shall fight on the internet and over the phone, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our no claim bonus, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight using our keyboards, we shall fight with out laptops, we shall fight using our mobiles; we shall never surrender 

😁😁

• Haha 2

I used Direct Line when they first started out back in the 70's I think. They were always dead cheap compared to other insurers but that changed after you'd been with them for 12 months and it came to renewal! Their premiums jumped by a huge margin, so shopped around and always found lots offering much better quotes. Was hard work back then of course as you had do do it all over the phone, no interweb back then!

I thought the Government had legislated to stop insurance companies making existing customers pay higher premiums than they offered to new customers. Or did I dream that sometime ago? What happened to being rewarded for being loyal to a brand/company.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DerekHa said:

I used Direct Line when they first started out back in the 70's I think. They were always dead cheap compared to other insurers but that changed after you'd been with them for 12 months and it came to renewal! Their premiums jumped by a huge margin, so shopped around and always found lots offering much better quotes. Was hard work back then of course as you had do do it all over the phone, no interweb back then!

I thought the Government had legislated to stop insurance companies making existing customers pay higher premiums than they offered to new customers. Or did I dream that sometime ago? What happened to being rewarded for being loyal to a brand/company.

You are quite right. The Government did legislate to stop insurance companies from making existing customer pay a higher premium. I had been with Direct Line for about 15 years. But, enough is enough.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Big_D said:

You are quite right. The Government did legislate to stop insurance companies from making existing customer pay a higher premium. I had been with Direct Line for about 15 years. But, enough is enough.

Well I knew I hadn't been dreaming really! 🙄

So if they legislated to stop the practice how do they police it? Bet they don't and there's no checks, they'll be relying on the old "self regulation" claptrap I expect.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 7:44 PM, Big_D said:

I've just left Direct Line. They wanted around £800 for the year. I managed to get insurance from another company for just under £400. This is for the same amount of cover. I tried Adrian Flux and am still waiting for them to phone me back with my quote.

Hi.

Did we come back to you with a quotation?

Regards,

Dan.

• 1 year later...
On 3/12/2022 at 4:45 PM, Cyker said:

Maybe you could mention the actual companies and any particular people worth contacting then frosty can sticky the post - Seems like getting these imported Estimas insured has become a lot harder lately so any help would be welcome!

We used Direct Line successfully and got a good price. I don't think direct line is on the comparision sites.

Neither is NFU mutual but old school over the phone and still good although my premium has gone up ( like just about everything) no cost zero % monthly payment, includes breakdown cover.  

Direct line has always been expensive for my postcode SE London. 

• 3 weeks later...

Leaving this update here for new readers.

I did panic reading few comments from different forums on how costly and hard is to insure Japanese imported cars and Estima untill i contacted lifesure.co.uk they are a broker in which they compare best prices and got you the insurance you need.

I was so please dealing with Frankie who gave me unbeatable price for me and my wife as a second driver on our Estima 2013 petrol.

The qoute was 568 pounds including nation wide recovery from RAC and a 14 days replacement car perhaps the estima needed some maintenance.

Lifesure insured me with KGM motor on behalf of Zurich insurance company Ltd.

New readers, don't panic and contact lifesure and dont forget to thank me please;)

• Thanks 1

+1 onLifesure

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all.

Just to add, I got very reasonable insurance for my 2008 Estima Hybrid today through Admiral. 

My admiral quote was around £480 cheaper than both Adrian Flux and Mark Richard Insurance. 

How I did it was;

1. Put in the vehicle details on MoneySupermarket.com. Would not accept vehicle registration number. Clicked 'Add vehicle details' (or something), instead. 

2. Put in that it's a Japanese import, 2.4 petrol (no Hybrid on list), Toyota Estima

Apple Color Emoji', 'Segoe UI Emoji', 'Segoe UI Symbol';">3. Filled in the rest of the vehicle and my own details.

4. Got quotes

5. Saw Admiral's price. Clicked 'More' button. Got quote number.

6. Called Admiral with quote number. The assistant opened a different system, found the exact Hybrid E-Four X model. 

6. Quote was only £90 more than what was quoted on the standard 2.4 petrol!

Hope this helps someone! 🙂

Hi.

Sorry we were unable to offer you a competitive insurance quotation.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links