Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Traveling to Europe


Recommended Posts

In about a month I will travel to Poland for 3 weeks holiday and I have 2 question.

1. Fuel.

I know that Estimas aren't suitable to use E10 fuel just E5. In Germany Aral(BP) petrol station offer 102 octane petrol that apparently during production no bio ethanol is added. I'm planing to refuel 4 times in total in Germany so is it safer for engine to use Aral 102Octane or stick with usual E5?

2. Beam deflectors.

Since UK cars need beam deflectors when travel through Europe to not dazzle drivers driving from other direction because the angle that lights work on. Does our Estimas have light focused more on left side of the road, or in Japan like in US they lights are set central(illuminate evenly both sides of the road)?

BTW beam deflectors avaible in UK does not list Toyota Estima in leaflet with instructions where to stick them.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, Beduin_ said:

In about a month I will travel to Poland for 3 weeks holiday and I have 2 question.

1. Fuel.

I know that Estimas aren't suitable to use E10 fuel just E5. In Germany Aral(BP) petrol station offer 102 octane petrol that apparently during production no bio ethanol is added. I'm planing to refuel 4 times in total in Germany so is it safer for engine to use Aral 102Octane or stick with usual E5?

 

 

 

Really.?...who says.?..My V6 runs happily on E10 though I confess I do pop in some E5 every so often..so surely you would use E5 and forget about the expensive 102.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, RUToyota said:

Really.?...who says.?..My V6 runs happily on E10 though I confess I do pop in some E5 every so often..so surely you would use E5 and forget about the expensive 102.

I have 2.4 hybrid one not V6.

There is topic on that forum that says that E10 hurt the 2.4 in long run. Also when I spoke with Kasper from Wigan few weeks ago he confirmed that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK..still can't see why..I would have thought a 2015 year vehicle shouldn't have any problems with E10.?.

I recall that the 2.4 used in a couple of earlier Avensis models were problematic but I'd assumed that by now the 2.4 was fine.

Maybe I'm out of date or just missing something.?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Beduin_ said:

BTW beam deflectors avaible in UK does not list Toyota Estima in leaflet with instructions where to stick them.

Presumably because the Estima hasn't been an official import into Europe since 2006. 

Note that when the Estima was sold in Europe, it was sold as the Previa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Presumably because the Estima hasn't been an official import into Europe since 2006. 

Note that when the Estima was sold in Europe, it was sold as the Previa.

Is that mean that 2004 Previa have same lights setup as Estima?

 

Screenshot_20220523-123722_Samsung Notes.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership