Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

error code 110

fourbanks

4 hours ago, Ian.S said:

Just checked mine and it shows HUSW is v 1020. There are many others with v numbers of 1001, 1005 and others. The car was manufactured 28 Jun. I am not aware that it has done any updates OTA so I presume that it came either this version. Are these system updates done by dealers? Maybe having this version is why I have not been having any of the profile issues. 

Version 1020 only released in July 2022 so your head unit has updated in the background 

8 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Yes and no I had a 1.8 Excel that kept giving error 110 in the end the update was done via USB without further issue, just swapped unto a 1.8 Design temporarily as my Excel was sold to a customer and it notified me of the update,  downloaded and installed it without issue on a recent trip to my Paignton dealership 

Hi there, 

how did you do that?

I can't find where to download the latest software.

https://www.toyota.com/firmware-updates# works for US vehicles, but European VINs are not recognized.

Thank you for your help

41 minutes ago, todorakiggg said:

Hi there, 

how did you do that?

https://www.toyota.com/firmware-updates# works for US vehicles, but European VINs are not recognized.

Thank you for your help

From the Toyota Navigation screen, touch the Settings icon then scroll down to Software Update. If an update is available it should appear with guidance to download it.

This is exactly how it gives 110 error. There is something wrong and OTA updates are failing (tried both cellular and wi-fi connections)

That's why I am asking if I can download the update file from somewhere and apply it myself with a USB stick...

3 minutes ago, todorakiggg said:

This is exactly how it gives 110 error. There is something wrong and OTA updates are failing (tried both cellular and wi-fi connections)

That's why I am asking if I can download the update file from somewhere and apply it myself with a USB stick...

I think it can only be done by a Toyota dealer. Toyota Customer Relations told me to contact my dealer and they have now booked it in to be updated.

I read above a post by Devon Aygo that he updated via USB, so I presumed that I can download the update myself …

2 hours ago, todorakiggg said:

Hi there, 

how did you do that?

Thank you for your help

That would be the North American site, UK and european updates are done via TSB or the Touch section of the portal (under repair)

https://www.toyota-tech.eu

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

That would be the North American site, UK and european updates are done via TSB or the Touch section of the portal (under repair)

https://www.toyota-tech.eu

Just registered to the tech website. I can see there are updates available for older versions of the infotainment systems. Also, maybe it's called in a different way, but I do not see a Touch section there.

Thank you for helping.

I have to admit it, this is by far the most not user friendly website 🙂 

You have to know what you are looking for to find it and I don't. 

Anyway, I guess, I will have to book an appointment with the dealer for such a trivial thing ...

no, the EPC is paid access too, you can look at manuals for free - you tend to find the accessories the dealers don't know about

Paid access is 4 euro an hour plus vat if you do buy  a subscription after purchase log out and log back in as it doesn't always add the access

• Thanks 1

I got the notification for software update last night and would you believe it - it failed with error 110....now I'm fully convinced MY22 DCM is a total garbage and I don't believe Toyota will bother fixing all those software issues given the fact MY23 is announced. And even if they do fix it, OTA IS one of the issues, so...🤐

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone had a resolution in a local dealership? I'm getting the same 110 error on an attempt to update my CH-R Hybrid '22 which I got 3 months back. I'm located in Greece by the way.

My local dealership had no idea of the error, and the guy who was trying to troubleshoot my car told me that there is no way for them to update the car's software via cable. The just sent my VIN and a picture of the error code to Toyota Greece. 

14 minutes ago, Mo7 said:

Nothing mate, Toyota not interested 🙄 

There's no way toyota is not interested, has anyone filed a formal complaint?

Software updates are part of the product you paid for (the car), and for a 2022 model where a load of functions are controlled through software this is just unacceptable. Someone could sue Toyota for reasons like this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PantelisAr said:

There's no way toyota is not interested, has anyone filed a formal complaint?

Software updates are part of the product you paid for (the car), and for a 2022 model where a load of functions are controlled through software this is just unacceptable. Someone could sue Toyota for reasons like this. 

Mine was booked in with my local dealer tomorrow morning to get this investigated but guess what, they have just rung to postpone the appointment for another 2 weeks due to the only man able to resolve it being off tomorrow! Toyota Customer Relations have offered to contact another dealer on my behalf but I can do that myself. I wish I lived nearer to @Devon Aygo

21 minutes ago, eyemdee said:

Mine was booked in with my local dealer tomorrow morning to get this investigated but guess what, they have just rung to postpone the appointment for another 2 weeks due to the only man able to resolve it being off tomorrow! Toyota Customer Relations have offered to contact another dealer on my behalf but I can do that myself. I wish I lived nearer to @Devon Aygo

I hope they'll sort it out. 

The update that fails, actually not able to download,  includes only navigation updates.  Currently have navigation 1002 version supposed to be updated to 1004

3 minutes ago, PantelisAr said:

I hope they'll sort it out. 

The update that fails, actually not able to download,  includes only navigation updates.  Currently have navigation 1002 version supposed to be updated to 1004

The update failing on mine is from 1002 to version 1020 of the HU navigation software and from 1001 to version 1005 on a couple of others.

Hi all

I am writing from Italy

same error, car is 2022 C-HR

hope someone will post a solution to this or we all have to go to a dealership for this issue

read that others with same year/car were able to update the software with no problems

(is there a solution to not have the popup of a new update available?)

I have spoke to the dealers who have booked my car in as they are unsure what the issue is.

They are really busy and booked me in next month, so won't know what the issue is for another 6 weeks!

2 hours ago, Mo7 said:

I have spoke to the dealers who have booked my car in as they are unsure what the issue is.

They are really busy and booked me in next month, so won't know what the issue is for another 6 weeks!

Mine is the same, they cancelled my first appointment and rescheduled for another two weeks time. They don't seem at all certain what is needed and say only one engineer, their master technician, has to do it and they need the car all day!

Sound like their playing for more time so they know how to fix it when you turn up.

So they want me to bring the car in first thing in the morning as it might take all day to figure out what the issue is.

They are only open Monday-Friday 9-5pm which are my work hours.

They also want me to arrange for my own travel after dropping the car to them in the morning and back again when the car is ready!

2 minutes ago, Mo7 said:

So they want me to bring the car in first thing in the morning as it might take all day to figure out what the issue is.

They are only open Monday-Friday 9-5pm which are my work hours.

They also want me to arrange for my own travel after dropping the car to them in the morning and back again when the car is ready!

My dealer has at least offered me a courtesy car for the day when they can eventually look at it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links