Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Yaris Cross GR Sport Debuts In Japan , might be offered in uk at later date too.

Ingrida

Yes! Make it *even less* suitable as an SUV! Genius!

• Like 1

A mild bump in power is very much needed, Much like the mk3 GR sport it's a very niche car no doubt in the high £20k  bracket, im awaiting the £40k+ Lexus variant

• Like 2

I wonder how the M15A would respond to some light turbo-charging... :naughty: 

• Like 1

We all know sooner or later one of these Yaris Cross will appear with GR Yaris running gear.

• Like 2

To me Yaris cross looks the most rugged and real small suv of later models but I personally do not like the hybrids awd, and if Toyota put the transmission and the awd system from Yaris gr four into Yaris cross even with the current 1.5 and as cyker says turbo charge it we will have the most fun and most cable small 4X4, as good as jimny or even better 

• Like 2

A turbo wouldn't be very efficient on a hybrid as it need gas flow, a supercharger with an electro clutch would be better option

The 1.6 GR is good for 420 bhp before it has valve float and/or head gasket issues

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, flash22 said:

A turbo wouldn't be very efficient on a hybrid as it need gas flow, a supercharger with an electro clutch would be better option

Oooh like a Pursuit Special...? :naughty: 

13 hours ago, forkingabout said:

We all know sooner or later one of these Yaris Cross will appear with GR Yaris running gear.

TBH I can't see it happening as Toyota are pivoting hard on hybrids and trying to move to EVs 10 years earlier than they'd planned (Hence all the sandbagging and stalling attempts).

The GR4 platform was designed bespoke for the GR Yaris, and I don't think they would want to anyway as the GR4 was only going to be a limited run so they don't increase their CO2 level too much.

If it was mass-produced in the Yaris Cross, the CO2 level would jump up a good few notches as even in that car it'd be higher than any other car they currently produce, maybe tipping 200g/km!

That's partly why we don't get the GR Corolla.

And it'd probably get like 30mpg :laugh: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Also with the demise of the Yaris in the US after 2020, the Corolla is the smallest Toyota available new in the US, and the GR Corolla fills the niche there for a performance model.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Oooh like a Pursuit Special...? :naughty: 

TBH I can't see it happening as Toyota are pivoting hard on hybrids and trying to move to EVs 10 years earlier than they'd planned (Hence all the sandbagging and stalling attempts).

The GR4 platform was designed bespoke for the GR Yaris, and I don't think they would want to anyway as the GR4 was only going to be a limited run so they don't increase their CO2 level too much.

If it was mass-produced in the Yaris Cross, the CO2 level would jump up a good few notches as even in that car it'd be higher than any other car they currently produce, maybe tipping 200g/km!

And it'd probably get like 30mpg :laugh: 

I was thinking along the lines of a tuning company will take a written off GR Yaris & transplant the running gear.

Unless the engineers at Toyota want to go mad, have a play & build a GR Yaris Cross prototype concept.

• Like 1

Ahhhh like the Aygo Crazy! :naughty: 

Personally I'd still like to see the Yaris Hybrid R concept see the light of day (3 electric motors with the 2 rear ones providing independent torque vectoring, 300-something HP 1.6 turbo, super-capacitors... :drool:)

• Like 1

Here it is , 

it looks like non hybrid version. 

A0FAC901-4256-4587-8BAB-7212D4E7F7C1.jpeg

• Like 1

And bigger rims! Yes, lots of big heavy add-ons to make it slower and less efficient :laugh: 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links