Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav issue

Caz1806

We have had exactly the same issue, as has our salesman at the local dealer. Think it must be a central problem rather than the car itself. initially ours worked fine but it has been getting more and more flaky to the point it does not work 80-90% of the time. You can't set up a route and eventually you drive out of the downloaded maps and get a blank screen.

Thanks for your comments. 

Do you know if this is issue that can be sorted out.?

On 7/30/2022 at 8:32 AM, Roy124 said:

A Satnav needs to initialise as the constellations are not fixed and the last configuration known to the car may be different from the current.  The system needs to synchronise with at least 3 before it will display. 

Would leaving it on all the time get round this problem?

• Like 1

Have you tried setting up your destination on the phone and have maps open when you plug it into your usb port?.

You may still need to press the map button on your car display.

This works without using MyT Toyota send to car.

Multiple topics merged, and as noted above:

With regards the new TAS600 Smart connect head units in some Yaris cross and Yaris Excel HB there are two issues:

• The DCM600 ( a separate data communication module just for the TAS600 ) needs a software update to fix an issue where the DCM600 may not boot correctly, Toyota have pushed this however it has highlighted another issue, this issue only affects Aygo X, Yaris & Yaris X *
  • The DCM600 connects to the Vodaphone mobile data network and Vodaphone are having technical issues which means the DCM600 cannot always connect to the network, Toyota are working with Vodaphone to get this resolved. This issue can affect any model using the Smart connect head units such as Aygo X, Yaris, Yaris X, Corolla, C-HR...

* The DCM600 is separate from the DCM used to provide e-call SOS functions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody else still having trouble with Vodaphone (Talkmobile) network?  I've talked to Talkmobile again they got me to take off automatic botton on my iPhone network settings and restart iPhone, 4G came on for about a minute  and went off again

I still can't get all my services am paying for on Myt

• 2 months later...
On 9/8/2022 at 11:38 AM, geoffus said:

Anybody else still having trouble with Vodaphone (Talkmobile) network?  I've talked to Talkmobile again they got me to take off automatic botton on my iphone network settings and restart Iphone, 4G came on for about a minute  and went off again

I still can't get all my services am paying for on Myt

I didn't know any of the services on My Toyota had to be paid for. After reading this post I looked at the website but didn't see anything there about paid subscriptions. Can someone tell me what has to be paid for? This relates to another of my newbie questions - who pays for the car's in-built SIM subscription? Is a lump-sum payment made by Toyota to the network (I see above that it's Vodafone for whom most of my local area is a notspot ☹️) and included in the purchase price of the car? Or is there an annual subscription? Presumably it's impossible to change the network.

iirc you get the first 3 or 4 years with a new car, not sure on renewal costs as the cars that have it are under 3 years old still

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links